By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The prophecy of John, aka Apocalypse, aka End of the World.

Hi Everyone, I'm a regular vgchartz reader since 2008 but has no account. I had to create one today because this topic is too interesting for me that it will be a disservice if this thread becomes a religion bashing circlejerk without a proper representation of a Christian perspective.

Because the Book of Revelation, aka Apocalypse, was embarassing to christianity.

It was so absurd, so out of touch and time, that it was shameful to talk about it.

Hi Wagner, were you implying that the Book of Revelation was embarassing to Christianity because it was talking about something (in which case Israel, the country) that was no longer existing? If this is your criteria of determining disgust in the bible, then Genesis must have surpassed the Book of Revelations, with its seven day creation of the universe, or the book of Matthew, with Jesus floating in the water, or book of Isaiah, with its prediction of a Mesiah being born or book of Daniel's prediction of a second temple being destroyed when there was no second temple yet. In fact, using your criteria, you can argue, that all books in the bible are embarassing to Christianity or Christianity itself is embarassing because it contains scriptures that talk about something that is not yet existing.

Example, the book mentioned Israel many many times, the country...

And, of course, ISrael no longer existed...

However, in 1948 Israel became a nation once again. Then, the book of Revelation suddenly became less and less weird.

Please allow me to clarify, the book refers to Israel in many ways, context is the key:

1. Israel as Jews - Israel has rejected the one and only thing that can save them, Jesus Christ, thus, they reject salvation.

2. Israel as the country - Bible has referenced Israel as the nation chosen by God but its citizen has rejected him in favor of the lust of the flesh.

3. New Israel - Israel is the nation of God. "Old Israel" has rejected Jesus Christ, thus, Israel that is being saved refers to the "sheep", as Christ is the "shepherd", all sheep will be united with him and will be the new Israel.

1 - One world government under one leader (not yet acomplished)

This is not exclusive to the book of Revelations. In fact, we can rest assure that if there's a successful one world Government, chances are, it will be the end of the world. The bible clearly states that mankind due to its sinful nature cannot achieve unity, someone will always desire to rule over the other. The only way to achieve real unity is through God. When was the last time mankind has been united? See, it's with the tower of babylon days, and mankind has united AGAINST God. You may be wondering if God has been threatened to cause the destruction of the tower and the languages of mankind. But we can also see it from another's perspective, God has prevented humanity to commit a greater sin, after all if all of mankind is united against God, no one will be saved.

Question: If unity is impossible without God, how could there be a one world government? This is why Jesus has predicted that whoever will lead that Government, the antichrist, will use the name of God, as a tool to convince all of the people to follow him.

Note: I do not mean for anyone to treat the above arguments as the absolute truths as many events in the bible are not yet verified in history. I just presented them to let others know bible's perspective in a context wherein the book of revelations is being discussed.

Around the Network

woa, some interesting discussions going on, maybe I'll have to read it all when I get the chance

still, I think we better focus on prophecies regarding WW3 and how we can prove them wrong, as they are very relevant to the present :(

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

9 - Return of Jesus Christ as a super powerful warrior with supernatural powers (came as a lamb, returns as a lion prophecy).

Just an FYI, people may be thinking that if there will be an end of the world, it will be a dramatic nuclear bomb or a big earthquake or super nova explosion. But if we take time to analyze the bible, the end of the world will not come UNTIL the second coming of Jesus Christ. Let us take our lenses off for a minute and study the bible/its perspective and treat it just like any mythology, we can find some interesting predictions:

1. One will rule across all nations. He will bring World Peace, a first in Earth's history. 

2. People will adore him, people will follow him.

3. Plot Twist - He is the antichrist

4. The idea of "over powerful supreme being" must be destroyed. So that all people will not have "conscience" rooted from transcendental ideas, and people will only follow all things bound to Earth and its superficial existence.

5. Thus, the persecution of Christians. 

6. Next, the second coming of Jesus Christ. All living people will be resurrected. It will be interesting how the particles and matter will accomodate all of the people who lived.

7. Next is the book of Judgment, are you in or not?

8. Then, the armageddon. The war between good and evil.

9. God wins, sinners will be placed in hell.

10. New Jerusalem will descend to the "New Earth". Jesus will rule over those who have been saved. Happily ever after.

We already have the mark of the beast in form of UPC codes. Inform yourself people.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

WagnerPaiva said:
Flilix said:

The verses made more sense 2000 years ago than they do now. The Roman Empire was huge, it covered most of the civilised world. There was one emperor, one currency, a 'Satanic religion' and Christians were being persecuted.

Wars and famines have always existed.

Portals, monsters and the return of Jesus are just as crazy as they've always been.

The only somewhat decent prediction in the whole book is the second verse.

It is the most outrageous prophecies ever written by a judeo-christian man, I agree. Of course I believe them, but they do sound crazy.

However, it will not surprise me at all if the portals and monsters become a reality some day, as well as the one world currency, religion and government.

It reminds me of the South Park episode in which a petrol company causes a portal to open and Chuthulu and other demons com to Earth.

You're seriously comparing a 'serious' prophecy to South Park? Jesus christ...

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
shikamaru317 said:

Santa is a fictional character, so I don't see a problem with it. There are many other legends of the past who have numerous interpretations.

The Hell? Lol

There's no problem with it, but what I'm more curious about is what compelled some guy (or gal) to do this? This means at some point somebody actually said to themselves "hey, you know what the world needs? A picture of a gay Santa looks lovingly and intimately into the eyes of another gay black Santa..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

monocle_layton said:
WagnerPaiva said:

It is the most outrageous prophecies ever written by a judeo-christian man, I agree. Of course I believe them, but they do sound crazy.

However, it will not surprise me at all if the portals and monsters become a reality some day, as well as the one world currency, religion and government.

It reminds me of the South Park episode in which a petrol company causes a portal to open and Chuthulu and other demons com to Earth.

You're seriously comparing a 'serious' prophecy to South Park? Jesus christ...

Do not get me wrong. I fully believe every single verse of the bible. But I was an atheist till age of 29, so I understand how insane it sounds a gate to the abyss opening and monsters invading the Earth. And that is the plot of that South Park episode.

That said, if it is written, it will happen. I fully believe it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Dota2Gamer said:

Hi Everyone, I'm a regular vgchartz reader since 2008 but has no account. I had to create one today because this topic is too interesting for me that it will be a disservice if this thread becomes a religion bashing circlejerk without a proper representation of a Christian perspective.

Because the Book of Revelation, aka Apocalypse, was embarassing to christianity.

It was so absurd, so out of touch and time, that it was shameful to talk about it.

Hi Wagner, were you implying that the Book of Revelation was embarassing to Christianity because it was talking about something (in which case Israel, the country) that was no longer existing? If this is your criteria of determining disgust in the bible, then Genesis must have surpassed the Book of Revelations, with its seven day creation of the universe, or the book of Matthew, with Jesus floating in the water, or book of Isaiah, with its prediction of a Mesiah being born or book of Daniel's prediction of a second temple being destroyed when there was no second temple yet. In fact, using your criteria, you can argue, that all books in the bible are embarassing to Christianity or Christianity itself is embarassing because it contains scriptures that talk about something that is not yet existing.

Example, the book mentioned Israel many many times, the country...

And, of course, ISrael no longer existed...

However, in 1948 Israel became a nation once again. Then, the book of Revelation suddenly became less and less weird.

Please allow me to clarify, the book refers to Israel in many ways, context is the key:

1. Israel as Jews - Israel has rejected the one and only thing that can save them, Jesus Christ, thus, they reject salvation.

2. Israel as the country - Bible has referenced Israel as the nation chosen by God but its citizen has rejected him in favor of the lust of the flesh.

3. New Israel - Israel is the nation of God. "Old Israel" has rejected Jesus Christ, thus, Israel that is being saved refers to the "sheep", as Christ is the "shepherd", all sheep will be united with him and will be the new Israel.

1 - One world government under one leader (not yet acomplished)

This is not exclusive to the book of Revelations. In fact, we can rest assure that if there's a successful one world Government, chances are, it will be the end of the world. The bible clearly states that mankind due to its sinful nature cannot achieve unity, someone will always desire to rule over the other. The only way to achieve real unity is through God. When was the last time mankind has been united? See, it's with the tower of babylon days, and mankind has united AGAINST God. You may be wondering if God has been threatened to cause the destruction of the tower and the languages of mankind. But we can also see it from another's perspective, God has prevented humanity to commit a greater sin, after all if all of mankind is united against God, no one will be saved.

Question: If unity is impossible without God, how could there be a one world government? This is why Jesus has predicted that whoever will lead that Government, the antichrist, will use the name of God, as a tool to convince all of the people to follow him.

Note: I do not mean for anyone to treat the above arguments as the absolute truths as many events in the bible are not yet verified in history. I just presented them to let others know bible's perspective in a context wherein the book of revelations is being discussed.

Hi man, welcome to the Forums.

About the problems people had with the Book of Revelation, not only the Israel part, the whole book was pretty much impossible of understand till like 40 years ago. I actually had a grand grand father who said it was not a good idea to read it.

The prophecy about the One World Government states that it will stands for 3 years and half, during a time christians will be hunted down and killed worldwide. 

After this 42 months the utopia starts to fall apart, the kingdom of the antichrist is in darkness and the mark of the beast no longer works, it actually causes problems to the people bearing it, health problems. So, probably a EMP or something, and some rejection of the mark of the beast implants.

I think we will always have plausible denyability of every single thing in the Bible till the very end of this age, as well as very good hints of it being all true.

The reason is that anyone that finds Christ must do it because he really wants it, not because the evidence is just to overwhelming.

This is of course a believer point of view. If nothing happens, then I am wrong and that is it. I will only know for sure when I am dead, but that is what I put my faith on: that every single verse of the Bible is either historic and factual, or prophetic and waiting to happen.

Nothing but a Pascal wager, in the end. But we are all doing it.

That said, as the Israel mentions go, some events do take place in the actual city of Jerusalem, this is why a lot of people say Jerusalem is the most important place of the Universe, because God has chosen that place to be the centerstage of the apotheosis of human history.

About the jews, it can go either way right now, I have no idea how the bits mentioning 144k virgin jews get fulfilled. I do believe it will come about somehow.

Now, do not get me wrong: I am not the kind of guy who believe the world is going to end and stuff, I fully believe mankind will see the whole Book of Revelation getting fulfilled:

- One World Government

- One world currency

- one world religion

- concentration camps and execution of christians worldwide

- portals opening for monsters to invade Earth

Sounds crazy?

Absolutelly.

Are we close?

Probably not. Could take a thousand years, could take 20, dunno.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
woa, some interesting discussions going on, maybe I'll have to read it all when I get the chance

still, I think we better focus on prophecies regarding WW3 and how we can prove them wrong, as they are very relevant to the present :(

Are there any?

Dota2Gamer said:

9 - Return of Jesus Christ as a super powerful warrior with supernatural powers (came as a lamb, returns as a lion prophecy).

Just an FYI, people may be thinking that if there will be an end of the world, it will be a dramatic nuclear bomb or a big earthquake or super nova explosion. But if we take time to analyze the bible, the end of the world will not come UNTIL the second coming of Jesus Christ. Let us take our lenses off for a minute and study the bible/its perspective and treat it just like any mythology, we can find some interesting predictions:

1. One will rule across all nations. He will bring World Peace, a first in Earth's history. 

2. People will adore him, people will follow him.

3. Plot Twist - He is the antichrist

4. The idea of "over powerful supreme being" must be destroyed. So that all people will not have "conscience" rooted from transcendental ideas, and people will only follow all things bound to Earth and its superficial existence.

5. Thus, the persecution of Christians. 

6. Next, the second coming of Jesus Christ. All living people will be resurrected. It will be interesting how the particles and matter will accomodate all of the people who lived.

7. Next is the book of Judgment, are you in or not?

8. Then, the armageddon. The war between good and evil.

9. God wins, sinners will be placed in hell.

10. New Jerusalem will descend to the "New Earth". Jesus will rule over those who have been saved. Happily ever after.

Very good. Also, there is the 1 thousand years kingdom, before the releasing of Satan and the final battle. After the 7 years of the antichrist.