By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The prophecy of John, aka Apocalypse, aka End of the World.

WagnerPaiva said:
Teeqoz said:
Sigh... I thought you were done with these threads...

No, CERN won't open a fucking portal to a different universe.

It would be cool though. I think about other ways such a prophecy could come true, without CERN or similar facilities.

Maybe a new kind of tech could come about in the near future, or some kind of creature could be found somewhere and it would reproduce really fast.

My main issue is that, if you look at what is already in place, it is always very natural, man made, no supernatural stuff. So, it has to come about in a similar fashion, as I expect.

It could be something like some kind of manipulated animal or something, man made tech gone wrong. Very interesting.

You got to admit though, the mark of the beast one world currency seems to be around the corner.

I will give you this: the very CERN thing, which you and me have debated before, the creatures from the abyss, seems to be a almost impossible, super hard to fulfill deal. Like very very slim chance.

By world government, does that include off earth habitats?

As for the global currency, I have no idea what that has to do with the apocalypse. While it does seem plausibile that it will happen some time in the future (talking about sometime in this millenium, not in this century), that's simply because uhm... it 's more practical in terms of trade in a world where nations by and large are on an equal footing economically, which is the natural equilibrium in the information age. 

As for Revelations predicting live transmission of images and sound.... I mean come on. It is quite a gigantic leap to interpret

"And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall SEE their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

And they that DWELL UPON THE EARTH shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall SEND GIFTS one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth."

to mean "worldwide transmission of sound and images".

I mean, you can interpret it like that, sure, but you are really bending reality into what you want it to look like in that case.

Around the Network
vivster said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I believe the events of Revelation will indeed happen. But I have to admit there is a lot of stuff that has to happen or change so the pieces fall into place.

Specially tech to open portals, as I do not expect any of the event happen like magical special effects in movies. But obeying the order that is in place, somehow.

It could come about as an alien invasion, but instead of coming from another planet, the monsters would come from another realm, dimension.

So how many million years you think it will take for every single item on that list will happen at the same time?

I have no idea. It seems to me time stood still, prophecy wise, until the second world war. Now what I see is the social climate getting ready for the persecution of anyone that holds judeo christian values. And the tech for the opening of the abyss walking at baby steps, probably still only discussed  in theory, but something could be going on under the curtains.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

numberwang said:

Santa's banging a black man. Totally sure sign that the end is nigh.

Still better than the part about flying reindeers and going through chimneys and stuff. The fudge is that all about?

Teeqoz said:
WagnerPaiva said:

It would be cool though. I think about other ways such a prophecy could come true, without CERN or similar facilities.

Maybe a new kind of tech could come about in the near future, or some kind of creature could be found somewhere and it would reproduce really fast.

My main issue is that, if you look at what is already in place, it is always very natural, man made, no supernatural stuff. So, it has to come about in a similar fashion, as I expect.

It could be something like some kind of manipulated animal or something, man made tech gone wrong. Very interesting.

You got to admit though, the mark of the beast one world currency seems to be around the corner.

I will give you this: the very CERN thing, which you and me have debated before, the creatures from the abyss, seems to be a almost impossible, super hard to fulfill deal. Like very very slim chance.

By world government, does that include off earth habitats?

As for the global currency, I have no idea what that has to do with the apocalypse. While it does seem plausibile that it will happen some time in the future (talking about sometime in this millenium, not in this century), that's simply because uhm... it 's more practical in terms of trade in a world where nations by and large are on an equal footing economically, which is the natural equilibrium in the information age. 

As for Revelations predicting live transmission of images and sound.... I mean come on. It is quite a gigantic leap to interpret

"And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall SEE their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

And they that DWELL UPON THE EARTH shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall SEND GIFTS one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth."

to mean "worldwide transmission of sound and images".

I mean, you can interpret it like that, sure, but you are really bending reality into what you want it to look like in that case.

But, to be fair and honest, this is a believer biased man talking, not a unpartial opinion. You know I have christian glasses on my eyes 24/7.

I am not saying it is not a natural progress of mankind as history advances. That is my whole point: all the prophecies fulfilled and being fulfilled happened in a way that gives any unbeliever plausible deniability, which is what I expect from a God that respects free will till the very end.

The verses you mentioned, to me, absolutelly are talking about means of communication far beyond what John ever dreamed of. Think this way: Paul the Apostle only met Peter twice in his life, and letter took months to get to their destinies. The bodies of the 2 witnesses stood ONLY 3 days in Jerusalem, and in this very short amount of time, the whole world was trading gifts and partying over their deaths. 

To me this is a very clear sign that this prophecy takes place in a digital glocal comunication era.

And I give you also this: as my naturalistic fulfillment of prophecy goes, opning of the abyss and releasing of flesh and bone monsters, millions, is TOTALLY impossible right now. It could change, though.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Hiku said:

Can you list more of those then? Because you only listed one. "#2 Worldwide transmission of images and sound liv"

I would say all the verses mentioning Israel were considered weird till 1948.

The one world currency was considered absurd for a long while, specially with the mark as the token to enter the system. Nowdays, althought it is still not in place, it is certainly not ridiculous.

The verses talking about the whole world rejoicing at the same time as they see the prophets killed in Jerusalem, and at a time the far East (India, China, Japan) and part of the west (Afrika, the northern kingdons) where not ignored by the apostles. That part I guess is linked to the one you mentioned, but there are more verses that where crazy talk till worldwide internet and stuff existed.

Pretty much everything after the chapter 4 has some cool things that once were crazy but now make a lot of sense.

My point is: there are parts that still sound crazy, and I wonder what is yet to come. As I said, the part that fascinates the most is the gate of the abyss opening and creatures coming out. Door to a different dimension?

The verses made more sense 2000 years ago than they do now. The Roman Empire was huge, it covered most of the civilised world. There was one emperor, one currency, a 'Satanic religion' and Christians were being persecuted.

Wars and famines have always existed.

Portals, monsters and the return of Jesus are just as crazy as they've always been.

The only somewhat decent prediction in the whole book is the second verse.

Around the Network

I don't see a world currency becoming a thing anytime soon. I mean, the EU members are quite far from one common currency, and that's despite the Euro project.
We do have a few currencies that are more common in global trading (dollar, euro) but that's not exactly new (British Guineas, Spanish dollars, etc.)

Flilix said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I would say all the verses mentioning Israel were considered weird till 1948.

The one world currency was considered absurd for a long while, specially with the mark as the token to enter the system. Nowdays, althought it is still not in place, it is certainly not ridiculous.

The verses talking about the whole world rejoicing at the same time as they see the prophets killed in Jerusalem, and at a time the far East (India, China, Japan) and part of the west (Afrika, the northern kingdons) where not ignored by the apostles. That part I guess is linked to the one you mentioned, but there are more verses that where crazy talk till worldwide internet and stuff existed.

Pretty much everything after the chapter 4 has some cool things that once were crazy but now make a lot of sense.

My point is: there are parts that still sound crazy, and I wonder what is yet to come. As I said, the part that fascinates the most is the gate of the abyss opening and creatures coming out. Door to a different dimension?

The verses made more sense 2000 years ago than they do now. The Roman Empire was huge, it covered most of the civilised world. There was one emperor, one currency, a 'Satanic religion' and Christians were being persecuted.

Portals, monsters and the return of Jesus are just as crazy as they've always been.

It is the most outrageous prophecies ever written by a judeo-christian man, I agree. Of course I believe them, but they do sound crazy.

However, it will not surprise me at all if the portals and monsters become a reality some day, as well as the one world currency, religion and government.

It reminds me of the South Park episode in which a petrol company causes a portal to open and Chuthulu and other demons com to Earth.

forest-spirit said:
I don't see a world currency becoming a thing anytime soon. I mean, the EU members are quite far from one common currency, and that's despite the Euro project.
We do have a few currencies that are more common in global trading (dollar, euro) but that's not exactly new (British Guineas, Spanish dollars, etc.)

Me neither, it would take a worlwide disaster to make such a thing happen.

WagnerPaiva said:
Flilix said:

It is the most outrageous prophecies ever written by a judeo-christian man, I agree. Of course I believe them, but they do sound crazy.

However, it will not surprise me at all if the portals and monsters become a reality some day, as well as the one world currency, religion and government.

It reminds me of the South Park episode in which a petrol company causes a portal to open and Chuthulu and other demons com to Earth.

Great, if we're using South Park as an example, that does not bode well.

The world is ending every 15 minutes according to religious nuts. 

People who wrote these texts would likely worship an iPhone if they ever saw one because it would be magical to them.