By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - L.A. Noire Switch Ver. to run 1080p docked, 720p handheld and more

fedfed said:
NICE.... is this game actually good?

It's a very nice use of the GTA4 engine and adds more story than action, some very impressive plot points but... some of them are very graphic and I really can't picture anyone wanting to play this in public as there are cases where you need to inspect dead naked womens bodies.... and there is my worry for the sales of LA Noire on Switch, it's basically going to be one of the few games on the system which takes portable off the table as such you could go for a console version of it if you're going to be playing it at home anyway and the original is available so cheaply now it's a tough sell on Switch imo.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5026555250757

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Nice.I mean, its a last gen game, so I would expect that at least they could bump up the resolution(Hopefully the graphics are better too), but at the very least its not a lazy port.

We will see how the game turns out to be.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Why is it so surprising a docked Switch can run this in 1080/30. This game ran on a Xbox 360 in 720p.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

fedfed said:
NICE.... is this game actually good?

It's enjoayble enough. Story is definitely the best part about it. Gameplay gets repetitive quickly as each case follows the same routine. Don't expect much shooting. The sandbox world is also pretty empty with almost nothing to do.

The complete original game AND all DLC? What an incredible deal!

Oh wait, the PC version I bought in December 2011 (7 months after the console release of the main game and 6 weeks after the release of the Complete Editions) also included all DLC... for just €12.49 (taxes included).

How much is Rockstar charging for this 6.5 year old game again in 2017 for the new platforms?

Around the Network
Conina said:

Oh wait, the PC version I bought in December 2011 (7 months after the console release of the main game and 6 weeks after the release of the Complete Editions) also included all DLC... for just €12.49 (taxes included).

How much is Rockstar charging for this 6.5 year old game again in 2017 for the new platforms?

My bet £29.99,but if you wait a few months could probably get it significantly cheaper. For example Fallout 4 and Dishounered 2 are now only £10 pound in the UK.

Nogamez said:
Conina said:

My bet £29.99,but if you wait a few months could probably get it significantly cheaper. For example Fallout 4 and Dishounered 2 are now only £10 pound in the UK.

Amazon wants £45 / €50 (minus £2 / €2 Prime preorder)

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Impressive, I didnt think Switch could run a game with graphics like this in 1080p.

Its essentially a last gen game, but it still looks good by today's standards.

No reason it shouldn't run a 6 or so year old game at 1080p, graphics are not that impressive. Pretty sure Switch is more than 4 times more powerful than a 360

Heh, I highly doubt it has that much power. If it did Doom would probably be 60 fps and Splatoon 2 would be locked at 1080p.

It has a lot of RAM but that could easily be used simply making textures better.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:

No reason it shouldn't run a 6 or so year old game at 1080p, graphics are not that impressive. Pretty sure Switch is more than 4 times more powerful than a 360

Heh, I highly doubt it has that much power. If it did Doom would probably be 60 fps and Splatoon 2 would be locked at 1080p.

It has a lot of RAM but that could easily be used simply making textures better.

6-8x more RAM, much more capible GPU even in portable mode not to mentine docked mode, much more newer and much more efficient CPU thats more capable for modern games, and huge generational tech/architecture difference (we talking about 10 years newer tech/aricture difrence for GPU/CPU), make power difrence around 3-4x compared to PS3/Xbox360.

About resolution of games and FPS, you have lotsa games that are 720p (not to mention 30FPS) even on XB1 that's noticeable stronger than Switch.

Conina said:
Nogamez said:

Amazon wants £45 / €50 (minus £2 / €2 Prime preorder)

The pre order prices always change when it actually gets released though. My BoTW was a tenner cheaper when i actually collected it