By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - L.A. Noire Switch Ver. to run 1080p docked, 720p handheld and more

Radek said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not saying it will definitely happen, but it's certainly possible. To use your example, FIFA may not be feature complete, but it still came to Switch, same for Doom and Skyrim. 

Online is too important, big and lucrative for the publisher not to include imo. That's one feature that can't be cut, graphics can, content can't.

I think Rockstar is focused on L.A. Noire for PS4, Xbox One and Switch and RDR 2 for PS4 and Xbox One next Spring.

Switch port could come as Single Player only game when GTA Online dies in few years imo, some remasters don't include multiplayer modes, but then again GTA Online is a huge moneymaker.

Let's just wait and see, hopefully people buy L.A. Noire on Switch. I'm curious to see how it looks in November.

Yes it is, but GTA V alone is huge money maker, game is still constantly one best selling game, and become best selling game of all time. Probably would sell few millions even on Switch.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Radek said:

Online is too important, big and lucrative for the publisher not to include imo. That's one feature that can't be cut, graphics can, content can't.

I think Rockstar is focused on L.A. Noire for PS4, Xbox One and Switch and RDR 2 for PS4 and Xbox One next Spring.

Switch port could come as Single Player only game when GTA Online dies in few years imo, some remasters don't include multiplayer modes, but then again GTA Online is a huge moneymaker.

Let's just wait and see, hopefully people buy L.A. Noire on Switch. I'm curious to see how it looks in November.

Yes it is, but GTA V alone is huge money maker, game is still constantly one best selling game, and become best selling game of all time. Probably would sell few millions even on Switch.

If they're willing to port LA Noire, a significantly less popular title, why not a port of GTAV?

Seems like an obvious thing to do even if they settle with the 7th gen version.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Miyamotoo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Heh, I highly doubt it has that much power. If it did Doom would probably be 60 fps and Splatoon 2 would be locked at 1080p.

It has a lot of RAM but that could easily be used simply making textures better.

6-8x more RAM, much more capible GPU even in portable mode not to mentine docked mode, much more newer and much more efficient CPU thats more capable for modern games, and huge generational tech/architecture difference (we talking about 10 years newer tech/aricture difrence for GPU/CPU), make power difrence around 3-4x compared to PS3/Xbox360.

About resolution of games and FPS, you have lotsa games that are 720p (not to mention 30FPS) even on XB1 that's noticeable stronger than Switch.

You spout some nonsense on this thread but 3-4x compared to PS3/Xbox 360 is pure crap. Switch has actually less memory bandwidth than 360 and PS3 and yet  somehow 3-4x more powerful. 6-8x memory yes, cpu likely a bit weaker than 360, definitely weaker than PS3, GPU docked at 50% to 80% over ps3/360 in performance plus an enhanced feature set.  Still I'm happy to be wrong but realistically does anyone honestly think this is true considering it's current performance level. We are seeing hugely downgraded ports of PS4 and Xbone games not dissimilar I'm sure to what would have been achieved on 360 and PS3 if the same games were ported to them. Yes I'm sure the Switch is going to be a bit better in docked performance mostly due to additional memory. 

As always people need to look at the reality of what the Switch is achieving and not accept ridiculous statements like the above. Wait for the release code of games and see how they compare to last gen versions both portable and docked. Portable may struggle to match them in some ways and docked will perform above but 3-4x more powerful is a huge difference that is not supported by the known specification especially with limited storage and having to offer good battery runtime.  Lets see what graphic assets the Switch will be using for LA Noire we may see a port with more similarities to 360 and PS3 rather than high end PC of the time which is likely where the PS4 and Xbone will be. 

As we get more ports of games that existed previously on ps3 and 360 we will have a better understanding of where the Switch sits but we should always base such comparisons on retail code and hardware.

Seems good enough

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Seems good enough

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
Miyamotoo said:

6-8x more RAM, much more capible GPU even in portable mode not to mentine docked mode, much more newer and much more efficient CPU thats more capable for modern games, and huge generational tech/architecture difference (we talking about 10 years newer tech/aricture difrence for GPU/CPU), make power difrence around 3-4x compared to PS3/Xbox360.

About resolution of games and FPS, you have lotsa games that are 720p (not to mention 30FPS) even on XB1 that's noticeable stronger than Switch.

You spout some nonsense on this thread but 3-4x compared to PS3/Xbox 360 is pure crap. Switch has actually less memory bandwidth than 360 and PS3 and yet  somehow 3-4x more powerful. 6-8x memory yes, cpu likely a bit weaker than 360, definitely weaker than PS3, GPU docked at 50% to 80% over ps3/360 in performance plus an enhanced feature set.  Still I'm happy to be wrong but realistically does anyone honestly think this is true considering it's current performance level. We are seeing hugely downgraded ports of PS4 and Xbone games not dissimilar I'm sure to what would have been achieved on 360 and PS3 if the same games were ported to them. Yes I'm sure the Switch is going to be a bit better in docked performance mostly due to additional memory. 

As always people need to look at the reality of what the Switch is achieving and not accept ridiculous statements like the above. Wait for the release code of games and see how they compare to last gen versions both portable and docked. Portable may struggle to match them in some ways and docked will perform above but 3-4x more powerful is a huge difference that is not supported by the known specification especially with limited storage and having to offer good battery runtime.  Lets see what graphic assets the Switch will be using for LA Noire we may see a port with more similarities to 360 and PS3 rather than high end PC of the time which is likely where the PS4 and Xbone will be. 

As we get more ports of games that existed previously on ps3 and 360 we will have a better understanding of where the Switch sits but we should always base such comparisons on retail code and hardware.

No its not pure crap, less memory bandwith doesnt change nothing. Again, 6-8x more RAM memory on side (because difference with amount of memory does not change with newer tech/architecture ), your hole comparison is wrong because you comparing only numbers on paper of tech/architecture (CPU/GPU) thats apart for hole 10 years (do you realise about how many generations were relased betwin), so you comparison is clear nonsense. Offcourse that 10 years newer tech/architecture is newer, better and far more efficient than tech/architecture from 10 years ago in any case.

Switch is just launched and we still yet to see in coming years for whats Switch is really capable (we still talk only about 1st year Switch games), of course that devs and games still dont use most of Switch hardware, but only fact that Switch is running at 1080p and at more stable FPS games that were 720p on PS3/Xbox360 tells us that Switch is much more capable right from start. La Noire is just another example, and we talk about last gen port not new gen game that could use modern features and effects of Switch hardware compared to PS3/Xbox360, if you think that's just because more RAM memory your lying yourself. Storage and battery life doesn't have anything with Switch strength and capabilities of hardware, La Noire is 1080p despite those things.

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

Switch's RAM advantage isn't just evident on paper though, but also in practice. Vita was a different story; it had only a slim RAM advantage that was nullified by losing more of its memory to the OS, and a much weaker GPU than PS3/360. Switch by contrast has several times more memory and the additional GPU power to leverage it.

Much like Vita, its hard to tell what the console can really do unless we have techicnally demanding games to look at. The Vita had a bunch of 7th gen console games and that was a good benchmark to see what it can do side by side.

Outside of Nintendo content, this is where Switch has been lacking and its good to see the hardware being well utilized this early.

Apples to apples are generally the most helpful, yes, assuming the game in question is a good conversion on all of the systems being compared. (Bayonetta for instance isn't a good example of PS3's capabilities relative to 360)

Still I would say some conclusions can be drawn even from apples to oranges; for example, Switch launch title Fast RMX runs at 900p-1080p/60fps while using PS4/Xbone tier rendering techniques, even if it's not a game shared with PS3/360 it demonstrates a level of technical prowess those systems can't match.