By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BasilZero said:

Hoping for Zelda WW/TP HD ports or ports of Zelda OoT3D/MM3D.

This'd be a dream come true, still two of the best in the series imo. WW/TP HD ports have a way higher chance of happening though.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
CaptainExplosion said:

The fact that #1 is the REMAKE of The Lion King is sickening. Thankfully Disney remakes are a dying disease.

Also I finally took out the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime Remastered. Had it not been for Power Bombs I wouldn't have been able to.

Wouldn't get my hopes up. Releases like this generally aren't going to get 300 million dollars. I didn't really like the Lion King remake either, but I am not particularly concerned that it holds some record. Besides which, when you adjust for inflation neither is #1. 

When Avatar was rereleased in 2023 it earned an additional $76M. So yes $282M is a stretch.

What BIG movies are coming out in April, May, June, July?

• If?, Garfield, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Inside Out 2, Quiet Place: Day One, Deadpool & Wolverine, Despicable Me 4

Oof yeah those are amazing summer movies. Mario would be lucky to even earn an additional $50M.

Also Box Office does not account for inflation.

Lion King 2019 was awful when compared to the Disney classic. But that isn't related to Nintendo, I just wanted to say it lol

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Mar1217 said:

If we ever get the DKC movie, I already know one thing, they'll never get someone as good to voice act King K Rool than the one who was voicing him on the cartoon show.

That man was the perfect vertuose for da King !

He would need a voice close enough to Benedict Campbell (assuming he's not brought back for the movie) but also be much meaner like he was in the games. Cartoon K. Rool was a bumbling villain who mostly overworked and insulted his henchmen, while in the games K. Rool wasn't above having his minions killed or torturing Donkey Kong with his blunderbuss.

Princess Peach: Showtime! is fun, though the sword level was the better of the two levels.
I'm glad I played the demo, but it reaffirmed that even if the rest of the levels are better, it's a game I would only pay $40 or under for. Knowing Nintendo games, that probably means I have to wait until at least next year.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Mar1217 said:

If we ever get the DKC movie, I already know one thing, they'll never get someone as good to voice act King K Rool than the one who was voicing him on the cartoon show.

Facts! His name is Benedict Campbell and he actually voiced K. Rool in a fan project that released last year. He’s still got it!

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:
Mar1217 said:

Facts! His name is Benedict Campbell and he actually voiced K. Rool in a fan project that released last year. He’s still got it!

He even comes off as more intimidating than in the cartoon here. This is how they need to do K. Rool in a Donkey Kong Country movie.

But what about Diddy Kong? Should we just go with his voice actor from the Mario movie? Or maybe use a younger actor to drive home that he's still a kid compared to Donkey Kong?

G2ThaUNiT said:
Mar1217 said:

Surprisingly enough, the guy was 65 yo when he did that last year. Still got the voice intact and an excellent lyrical flow haha ! 

Hope he gets the chance to audition for the official role 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

What y'all been playing?

As for me

Planning to finish Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Borderlands GOTY Enhanced this month.

Playing MK8D on my OG Switch - I dont know if I'll play through 200cc on MK8D - I tried one time and didnt like so I'll likely just finish up Mirror mode and do some online runs to see how it is.

As for Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (PC), I finished the main campaign about a little over a week ago and finished up one of the DLCs (Zombie Island of Dr Ned) last weekend. Gonna do as much and hopefully finish by end of month.

Gonna focus on Smash Ultimate on my OG Switch and hopefully finish up World of Light in April.

Aside from that - playing Driveclub (PS4) on my PS5 casually and almost at the end of the base game, 70+ hours in.

Also been playing Final Fantasy VII (NS) on my Switch OLED whenever I am on break at work. Finished Part 1 and on Part 2 of the game now.

I'm gonna be downsizing the number of games I'll be playing so I can better focus on what I am playing rather than having 7-8 games at a time. So at max 1-2 at home with the third being whatever I play at work/break.

As for what I plan to play next few games in my list.....

Gears of War 2 (X360) on my Xbox Series X.

Dragon Quest I (NS) on my OG Switch

Tekken 2 (PS4) on my PS5

River City Girls (Steam) on my gaming PC

Kirby's Dream Course (NSO) on my OG Switch

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)

Bravely Default II (NS) on my Switch OLED

Been playing Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection on Switch. Might skip Battle Network 4 because it's plot was stupid and turned one of the best Classic Mega Man characters into a self-righteous Galactus wannabe.

CaptainExplosion said:

Been playing Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection on Switch. Might skip Battle Network 4 because it's plot was stupid and turned one of the best Classic Mega Man characters into a self-righteous Galactus wannabe.

What a crazy valued game collection.

I've only played the first two games on GBA so excited to try out the remasters.