By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:

Mario movie story artist Jeff Diffenderfer has shared some concept art for the first movie.

Turns out we almost had Daisy, Toadsworth and Birdo in the movie, maybe they'll be in the next movie, and there's also what looks to be a flashback to Peach humiliating a young Bowser in highschool during prom week, which I imagine was cut from the movie because it'd make Peach come off as less likable.

Or you know, the concept of Peach/Bowser on a prom week sounds just stupid teenage flick worthy.

That's where Nintendo prolly comes in and guide Illumination to not degrade their IP with concepts like these.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Btb, don't take too much credence on that YouTube survey. They wouldn't know about the Switch 2 name in the least.

Otherwise, Switch Attach would truly be the name of all time for a Nintendo console ... Just like a certain WiiU peripheral haha

Mar1217 said:

Btb, don't take too much credence on that YouTube survey. They wouldn't know about the Switch 2 name in the least.

Otherwise, Switch Attach would truly be the name of all time for a Nintendo console ... Just like a certain WiiU peripheral haha

I agree which is why I said take it with a nanospcoic grain of salt. But I thought it was super interesting that Youtube would have the gall to even speculate and let the internet know what they think in terms of the successor.

I think it helps bring in some conversation about what could be the name.

I think Nintendo Attach could be an amazing name, I can also see Nintendo Flip (if it has a "DS" like mechanic).

If Nintendo even adds Switch + name (like Nintendo Switch Attach) to the successor they have already lost the marketing battle. If they have Switch + number (like Nintendo Switch 2), then there is hope but Nintendo isn't one for a numbering system.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Mario movie story artist Jeff Diffenderfer has shared some concept art for the first movie.

Turns out we almost had Daisy, Toadsworth and Birdo in the movie, maybe they'll be in the next movie, and there's also what looks to be a flashback to Peach humiliating a young Bowser in highschool during prom week, which I imagine was cut from the movie because it'd make Peach come off as less likable.

Can’t wait to see all the Mario Crew.

Also I thought it was weird they didn’t explicitly say it was The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2. They just said that it’ll be a “return to the world of Super Mario Bros.”

Maybe it's a Luigi's Mansion movie.

Shtinamin_ said:
Mar1217 said:

I agree which is why I said take it with a nanospcoic grain of salt. But I thought it was super interesting that Youtube would have the gall to even speculate and let the internet know what they think in terms of the successor.

I think Nintendo Attach could be an amazing name, I can also see Nintendo Flip (if it has a "DS" like mechanic).

If Nintendo even adds Switch + name (like Nintendo Switch Attach) to the successor they have already lost the marketing battle. If they have Switch + number (like Nintendo Switch 2), then there is hope but Nintendo isn't one for a numbering system.

^This. The numbering system works better for PlayStation.

CaptainExplosion said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Can’t wait to see all the Mario Crew.

Also I thought it was weird they didn’t explicitly say it was The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2. They just said that it’ll be a “return to the world of Super Mario Bros.”

Shtinamin_ said:

A Luigi's Mansion movie would be rather exciting to watch. It can be exactly how Luigi's Mansion is.

I can see them doing a DK movie as well, following the story of how the Kong Family is attacked by King K. Rool and his pirates. But since they want to showcase to the Mushroom kingdom that they won't need their help DK will enlist Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Trixie Kong to fight against the Pirates. While the rest of the Kongs fortify their home as a fail safe in case DK's efforts fail.
The opening of Donkey Kong Country in Universal Studios Japan is this 2024, and they'll make more DKC in Hollywood, and Epic Universal. Seems like a logical movie especially if releasing in 2026 (by then the other parks have DKC).

They could even do something with Daisy in Sarasaland, or Wario & Waluigi?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network
Shtinamin_ said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Shtinamin_ said:

A Luigi's Mansion movie would be rather exciting to watch. It can be exactly how Luigi's Mansion is.

I can see them doing a DK movie as well, following the story of how the Kong Family is attacked by King K. Rool and his pirates. But since they want to showcase to the Mushroom kingdom that they won't need their help DK will enlist Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Trixie Kong to fight against the Pirates. While the rest of the Kongs fortify their home as a fail safe in case DK's efforts fail.
The opening of Donkey Kong Country in Universal Studios Japan is this 2024, and they'll make more DKC in Hollywood, and Epic Universal. Seems like a logical movie especially if releasing in 2026 (by then the other parks have DKC).

They could even do something with Daisy in Sarasaland, or Wario & Waluigi?

Whoever plays King K Rool will need to be anyone who can convincingly pull off a posh but sinister English accent. Maybe Rowan Atkinson or Tom Hiddleston. Probably the latter because of his history playing such a character.

CaptainExplosion said:
Shtinamin_ said:

AMC Theatres has announced the Nintendo and Illumination animation will be returning
June 28, 2024.

This is an opportunity for The Super Mario Bros. Movie to become the #1 animation movie of all time in the box office.

#1 The Lion King (2019): $1,646,106,779

#2 Frozen 2: $1,451,653,316

#3 The Super Mario Bros. Movie: $1,363,400,036

Nintendo & Illumination need to earn $282,706,743 more to surpass and become #1. Let’s-A Go!

The fact that #1 is the REMAKE of The Lion King is sickening. Thankfully Disney remakes are a dying disease.

Also I finally took out the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime Remastered. Had it not been for Power Bombs I wouldn't have been able to.

Wouldn't get my hopes up. Releases like this generally aren't going to get 300 million dollars. I didn't really like the Lion King remake either, but I am not particularly concerned that it holds some record. Besides which, when you adjust for inflation neither is #1. 

JWeinCom said:
CaptainExplosion said:

The fact that #1 is the REMAKE of The Lion King is sickening. Thankfully Disney remakes are a dying disease.

Also I finally took out the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime Remastered. Had it not been for Power Bombs I wouldn't have been able to.

Wouldn't get my hopes up. Releases like this generally aren't going to get 300 million dollars. I didn't really like the Lion King remake either, but I am not particularly concerned that it holds some record. Besides which, when you adjust for inflation neither is #1. 

Don't sell it short, The Lion King remake was way worse than you give it credit for. XD

Also, finally tried the Princess Peach Showtime demo, lot of fun so far, hopefully it's longer than just the one floor of the theater you start out in.

If we ever get the DKC movie, I already know one thing, they'll never get someone as good to voice act King K Rool than the one who was voicing him on the cartoon show.

That man was the perfect vertuose for da King !

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

Don't sell it short, The Lion King remake was way worse than you give it credit for. XD

Also, finally tried the Princess Peach Showtime demo, lot of fun so far, hopefully it's longer than just the one floor of the theater you start out in.

I dunno. I found it boring and pointless but it didn't like... jump out of the screen and kick me in the balls or anything. And, it's not like the Mario Bros. Movie was anything special. So, if it makes you feel better, just remember that adjusted for inflation, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves beats both by a pretty wide margin.