By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 Not Delayed

LipeJJ said:
curl-6 said:

They could push Mario Odyssey back to November and have that as their holiday game; let's be honest, that's much more of a Christmas tentpole than a niche JPRG anyway.

And yeah, we could owe this game's existence to Operation Rainfall in a way, which is pretty crazy.

They definitely won't delay Mario (they gave a clear date) and probably won't delay XC2 either. 

Yoshi and Kirby were demoed on Treehouse and looked very crisp and polished, these games certainly won't take another year to release. At least one of them will certainly release during the first semester. Btw, Nintendo Will definitely announce more games for the first semester between now and January. When will you learn and stop being pessimistic? 

Giving a clear date doesn't necessarily mean they'll stick to that date; if they need to fill in gaps or spread out their games more evenly, they'll simply reschedule.

Yoshi's Wooly World looked very crisp and polished at E3 2014, still didn't come out until mid 2015 in JP/PAL and late 2015 in NA. So did Mario Kart 8 at E3 2013, and it came out 11 months later. 

I wouldn't say it's pessimistic to expect delays from a company with an extensive history of delaying games.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
sc94597 said:

Yeah, I don't see them delaying the game because they are unsatisfied with the shadows or draw distance. Nintendo wouldn't tolerate that. They have about three-four months to find the most optimized graphical state, and probably have a few people working on that. If the game is designed well none of this would affect game events (there won't be bugs to fix.) Since xeno games aren't the most interactive I don't see that being an issue. 

I think the second scenario is more likely, but Nintendo would have a holiday gap maybe since Super Mario Odyssey is releasing in late October. They might what a big November or December game to get those holiday sales. 

I was just reminiscing about how crazy it is that this game is getting a simulatenous release in all regions, considering what it took to get the original Xenoblade over. Imagine if that never happened? We might have not gotten XBCX or this at all, since Japanese sales for these titles aren't the best. 

They could push Mario Odyssey back to November and have that as their holiday game; let's be honest, that's much more of a Christmas tentpole than a niche JPRG anyway.

And yeah, we could owe this game's existence to Operation Rainfall in a way, which is pretty crazy.

If any game from this year were to move to next year, it would be Fire Emblem Warriors imo.  Not only is it niche, its also relatively unremarkable from an objective stance.

An epic RPG taking place in massive open spaces set on the backs of enormous creatures that endlessly roam a sea of clouds?  THAT is marketable in an agressive market.  And with s bit more polish, the visuals will look very nice and for this to run on a 6" tablet will be regarded as very impressive.

Fire Emblem Warriors is...a Warriors game.  With Fire Emblem characters.  It will do well enough, but that's not going to draw the eye of any non-FE fans.  Yeah, Hyrule Warriors did rather well for a Warriors game but let's not kid ourselves, Zelda is much more mainstream than FE, on top of being closer in gameplay to Warriors than FE is, making the difference more palatable even if it's still a vastly different game.

So yeah, I could see them move FE Warriors to fill a hole, but not XC2.  Now, they still have to do right by XC2.  I have said many times the franchise has far greater sales potential than has been exploited and I still think that holds true here but they've gotta market it.  With XCX they did a lot of build up and then fumbled at the 1 yard line, hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Not surprising at all if it's true. At least one Nintendo game gets delayed a year, and a game that requires extensive translation could be one of those games. As soon as Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was announced, I figured it was not likely to arrive in 2017.
Super Mario Odyssey might get delayed to November (maybe even December) instead of October 27.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Soundwave said:

There would be something kinda sad if Mario Odyessy and ARMS are the only real "made for Switch" games Nintendo can deliver this year (1,2 Switch is tech demo). 

Smash Bros. can slot into December I guess, but man that's a lot of Wii U ports for under 12 months (Zelda BotW, Mario Kart 8, Pokken Fighters, and Smash 4).

Zelda BOTW is not a port, it is intergenerational like MGSV, Persona 5, COD BO3, etc

Wman1996 said:
Not surprising at all if it's true. At least one Nintendo game gets delayed a year, and a game that requires extensive translation could be one of those games.

If the Treehouse is to go by, the translation is almost done (will be complete in a few weeks they said.) 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

If any game from this year were to move to next year, it would be Fire Emblem Warriors imo.  Not only is it niche, its also relatively unremarkable from an objective stance.

An epic RPG taking place in massive open spaces set on the backs of enormous creatures that endlessly roam a sea of clouds?  THAT is marketable in an agressive market.  And with s bit more polish, the visuals will look very nice and for this to run on a 6" tablet will be regarded as very impressive.

Fire Emblem Warriors is...a Warriors game.  With Fire Emblem characters.  It will do well enough, but that's not going to draw the eye of any non-FE fans.  Yeah, Hyrule Warriors did rather well for a Warriors game but let's not kid ourselves, Zelda is much more mainstream than FE, on top of being closer in gameplay to Warriors than FE is, making the difference more palatable even if it's still a vastly different game.

So yeah, I could see them move FE Warriors to fill a hole, but not XC2.  Now, they still have to do right by XC2.  I have said many times the franchise has far greater sales potential than has been exploited and I still think that holds true here but they've gotta market it.  With XCX they did a lot of build up and then fumbled at the 1 yard line, hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Most epic RPGs that sell gangbusters these days are Western though. JRPGs not called "Final Fantasy" don't tend to do so hot anymore, and outside of Nintendo enthusiasts, Xenoblade isn't a name with a lot of brand recognition.

I'm not saying it's a lost cause, just that it's not really a Christmas tentpole kind of game. For that you want a game that's going to sell 4+ million and make hordes of people run out to buy the system it's on. Odyssey is that kind of game, Xenoblade isn't.

Soundwave said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388657

Not confirmed, apparently the source is Game Spot so it may well be wrong. If true seems like a short delay. Perhaps Dragon Quest XI or Super Smash Deluxe would be moved into December (though that's a lot of fighting games in one year for Nintendo). 

most probably tweakingthe graphics since the art-style is a mess. Cell shaded character in real life like environment.

For those saying that Nintendo will move SMO for holidays.
When did Nintendo delayed a game after giving a precise date for its release? Lemme guess... Never?

We reap what we sow

Bandorr said:
I didn't expect xenoblade 2 in 2017 actually.
I'm all for a FEB 2018 release date.

Same here... In all honesty I wasnt expecting a next entry before Q4 2018.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

160rmf said:
For those saying that Nintendo will move SMO for holidays.
When did Nintendo delayed a game after giving a precise date for its release? Lemme guess... Never?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Fox_Zero

November 20, 2015.