By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 Not Delayed

curl-6 said:
160rmf said:

It is necessary. So people that follow Nintendo can keep their expectations in check.

Since when has Nintendo cared about fan expectations?

Yeah, I know. Bc attending for fans expectations is a very viable decision to make.

But no, I am mentioning the gaming media, that could paint their presentation in some negative way without taking common sense in consideration. Something in the lines " Switch's future uncertain ".

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Nintendo better have something other than SMO for the holidays. If Switch is going to stay relevant it needs a new game every 2-3 months. So far BotW, Puyo Puyo, Disgaea 5, and MK8D have kept it going. Arms was a bit of a wash, but Splatoon 2 will fix that. They need SMO for August/October and something else for the end of the year. Maybe Monster Hunter XX will come to the states in time. Right?

I love Nintendo but if the Switch ever gets a six month drought I will be severely disappointed. What really scares me here is that with a possible XC2 delay, and nothing announced for 2018 Switch could have a drought from Feb 2018 to August 2018.

You didn't like the testpunch? 

I for one loved it! This and Splatoon will keep me going well and above next year

I didn't even try the test punch. I was never really a fan of the art style, and the game only got average review scores. My back catalog is huge enough as it is. I might pick it up in five months to a year after all the updates roll out. 

I'm not all that worried about getting bored due to a lack of Nintendo games. My current PS4 collection alone could keep me busy for at least a year and a half. What worries me, is that Nintendo will fall back into their usual habits of not releasing enough games for their systems. Remember back in 2011 when Xenoblade Chronicles and Skyward Sword were the ONLY two games for the Wii? Well, it's slow release schedules like that, that made people skip the Wii U. IMO Switch needs to get a new game (not counting indies) scoring 80+ on Opencritic every three to four months. That's what it takes to keep the public's attention, and make people satisfied with their console purchase. And if you disagree with review scores in general, then Switch needs a new million seller (again, not counting indies) every three to four months in order to keep the public interested.

The delay of XC2 makes me worried. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how 2018 goes though. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Jranation said:

You didn't like the testpunch? 

I for one loved it! This and Splatoon will keep me going well and above next year

I didn't even try the test punch. I was never really a fan of the art style, and the game only got average review scores. My back catalog is huge enough as it is. I might pick it up in five months to a year after all the updates roll out. 

I'm not all that worried about getting bored due to a lack of Nintendo games. My current PS4 collection alone could keep me busy for at least a year and a half. What worries me, is that Nintendo will fall back into their usual habits of not releasing enough games for their systems. Remember back in 2011 when Xenoblade Chronicles and Skyward Sword were the ONLY two games for the Wii? Well, it's slow release schedules like that, that made people skip the Wii U. IMO Switch needs to get a new game (not counting indies) scoring 80+ on Opencritic every three to four months. That's what it takes to keep the public's attention, and make people satisfied with their console purchase. And if you disagree with review scores in general, then Switch needs a new million seller (again, not counting indies) every three to four months in order to keep the public interested.

The delay of XC2 makes me worried. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how 2018 goes though. 

The chance of that happening is very high since the 3DS and Wii U will be (or close to be) out of mind. Nintendo can now focus on 1 system. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I mean I was gobsmacked when they announced a 2017 release date, so this isn't really surprising if it is true. Not a massive deal.

NobleTeam360 said:
I didn't expect it to release this year tbh.

Agreed, the game looked like it was still in Alpha development. It looked further behind than XCX looked in the trailer about 3 years before launch.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

I confess, I'm also a bit worried that the droughts might start again next year.

However, I think you overstate the importance of critical scores; a lot of games below 80 on Metacritic have been hugely successful. And if million-selling new games is the benchmark, for the rest of this year there's ARMS, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Mario Odyssey.

No! I always believed it would come out this year! It wasn't just trying to generate hype. We all expected that to happen... right after puppies rained from the sky. :p

GoNintendo posted the original rumor, and now they've posted an alternative rumor, lol.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/282342-rumor-multiple-sources-say-xenoblade-chronicles-2-still-on-for

I want to BELIEVE!!!

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

I KNEW it! Holiday 2017! Heck yes! Looks great! Could even be the November game, since Mario is coming in October!

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Nem said:
No! I always believed it would come out this year! It wasn't just trying to generate hype. We all expected that to happen... right after puppies rained from the sky. :p

Whoops

We reap what we sow