By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 Not Delayed

bigtakilla said:
Here's hoping they push it back till next holiday so I can get a Switch after a price cut.

Don't make everyone else wait, because you can't afford it right now.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

I don't care about big sellers as much as a care about good games. Puyo Puyo and Disgaea 5 are much better games than Arms. At least that's what reviewers have indicated. I think Rabbids, Pokken, and Fire Emblem Warriors are all C list titles. But yeah, I'll wait until after E3. 

If we're talking about relevance which is what you said then sales are the only thing that matters, and reviewers still indicate ARMS is a good game even before the free updates. You can think these game aren't good and/or are C-list titles, but the fact is they are notable retail releases from Nintendo filling out the schedule, they certainly do not need SMO to launch on top of these games.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I don't care about big sellers as much as a care about good games. Puyo Puyo and Disgaea 5 are much better games than Arms. At least that's what reviewers have indicated. I think Rabbids, Pokken, and Fire Emblem Warriors are all C list titles. But yeah, I'll wait until after E3. 

If we're talking about relevance which is what you said then sales are the only thing that matters, and reviewers still indicate ARMS is a good game even before the free updates. You can think these game aren't good and/or are C-list titles, but the fact is they are notable retail releases from Nintendo filling out the schedule, they certainly do not need SMO to launch on top of these games.

Alright fine. Hyrule Warriors, and Pokken both sold over a million copies on Wii U. Since this is about sales and not review scores I'll go ahead and count them. I really don't think Rabbids X Mario will sell very well though. Sales of the Rabbid's games have been on a slow decline for years now. 

Edit: I'm actually kind of hyped for Pokken DX now. I read some reviews on it and it seems like Wii U version didn't have enough fighters, and forced you to play on the gamepad. Destructoid pretty much sums it up here...

Pokkén Tournament is more than meets the eye, and it would be foolish to judge it just based on the Pokémon name alone. Bandai Namco has crafted a deep brawler that deserves to be up there with a lot of the competition, but some logistical issues specific to the Wii U hold the game back a bit more than I'd like.

If Xenoblade 2 got delayed, but Pokken Deluxe winds up being really good, I'll be satisfied. 

Cerebralbore101 said:

Alright fine. Hyrule Warriors, and Pokken both sold over a million copies on Wii U. Since this is about sales and not review scores I'll go ahead and count them. I really don't think Rabbids X Mario will sell very well though. Sales of the Rabbid's games have been on a slow decline for years now. 

So Mario Rabbids doesn't count as a significant game because you don't think it will sell? Well I'll have to bring up 1-2 Switch, a game we all bashed as shovelware who's flop was inevitable, but is currently proving that it is infact a game of significance. We haven't seen Mario Rabbids yet, but just having Mario in the title alone is gonna get people's attention. Of course having Mario is no guarantee for success if the game has little effort put into it, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's a notable game until they show otherwise.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

So Mario Rabbids doesn't count as a significant game because you don't think it will sell? Well I'll have to bring up 1-2 Switch, a game we all bashed as shovelware who's flop was inevitable, but is currently proving that it is infact a game of significance. We haven't seen Mario Rabbids yet, but just having Mario in the title alone is gonna get people's attention. Of course having Mario is no guarantee for success if the game has little effort put into it, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's a notable game until they show otherwise.

I guess we'll have to wait and see then. 

Around the Network

This will most probably end-up being true.

Pretendstobeshocked.gif

So we may not see XB2 at E3 then, since say they're only covering 2017 titles.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Nintendo better have something other than SMO for the holidays. If Switch is going to stay relevant it needs a new game every 2-3 months. So far BotW, Puyo Puyo, Disgaea 5, and MK8D have kept it going. Arms was a bit of a wash, but Splatoon 2 will fix that. They need SMO for August/October and something else for the end of the year. Maybe Monster Hunter XX will come to the states in time. Right?

I love Nintendo but if the Switch ever gets a six month drought I will be severely disappointed. What really scares me here is that with a possible XC2 delay, and nothing announced for 2018 Switch could have a drought from Feb 2018 to August 2018.

You didn't like the testpunch? 

I for one loved it! This and Splatoon will keep me going well and above next year

Pocky Lover Boy! 

curl-6 said:
So we may not see XB2 at E3 then, since say they're only covering 2017 titles.

They are *focusing in 2017 titles...

We reap what we sow

Peh said:
bigtakilla said:
Here's hoping they push it back till next holiday so I can get a Switch after a price cut.

Don't make everyone else wait, because you can't afford it right now.

Lol, I can't afford it.