By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2 Not Delayed

Here's hoping they push it back till next holiday so I can get a Switch after a price cut.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

This smells just like the DKCTF delay. Hopefully this time they're doing it because the Switch is so successful they can afford to spread their releases more, and not because there's a huge drought they're trying to make a lil smaller.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Nintendo better have something other than SMO for the holidays. If Switch is going to stay relevant it needs a new game every 2-3 months. So far BotW, Puyo Puyo, Disgaea 5, and MK8D have kept it going. Arms was a bit of a wash, but Splatoon 2 will fix that. They need SMO for August/October and something else for the end of the year. Maybe Monster Hunter XX will come to the states in time. Right?

I love Nintendo but if the Switch ever gets a six month drought I will be severely disappointed. What really scares me here is that with a possible XC2 delay, and nothing announced for 2018 Switch could have a drought from Feb 2018 to August 2018.

ARMS isn't out yet and it'll most certainly be a bigger seller than Puyo Puyo n Disgaea 5. SMO has been set for Holidays since it's reveal, whereas August/September/October will probably have Mario Rabbids/Pokken(already confirmed)/Fire Emblem Warriors. In just a few days we'll probably see some 2018 announcements so atleast wait until after E3 before doomin and gloomin.

I don't care about big sellers as much as a care about good games. Puyo Puyo and Disgaea 5 are much better games than Arms. At least that's what reviewers have indicated. I think Rabbids, Pokken, and Fire Emblem Warriors are all C list titles. But yeah, I'll wait until after E3. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

This smells just like the DKCTF delay. Hopefully this time they're doing it because the Switch is so successful they can afford to spread their releases more, and not because there's a huge drought they're trying to make a lil smaller.

ARMS isn't out yet and it'll most certainly be a bigger seller than Puyo Puyo n Disgaea 5. SMO has been set for Holidays since it's reveal, whereas August/September/October will probably have Mario Rabbids/Pokken(already confirmed)/Fire Emblem Warriors. In just a few days we'll probably see some 2018 announcements so atleast wait until after E3 before doomin and gloomin.

I don't care about big sellers as much as a care about good games. Puyo Puyo and Disgaea 5 are much better games than Arms. At least that's what reviewers have indicated. I think Rabbids, Pokken, and Fire Emblem Warriors are all C list titles. But yeah, I'll wait until after E3. 

So now 3 points of difference in metacritic means "much better game" 

Just wow

They SHOULD push it to 2018 because it will be overshadowed Mario Odyssey, just like Xenoblade X

Goodnightmoon said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Just wow

Well Puyo Puyo is 4 points higher than Arms for Switch. PS4 version is 8 points higher than Arms. A lot of reviewers think the Switch version of Puyo Puyo is overpriced at $40. I think the Switch version of Puyo Puyo is better than the PS4 version because of portability. 

Disgaea 5 complete is  5 points higher. 

If you go by Opencritic both titles are five points higher than Arms. And I prefer Opencritic. 

Around the Network

Bad news if true.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Just wow

Well Puyo Puyo is 4 points higher than Arms for Switch. PS4 version is 8 points higher than Arms. A lot of reviewers think the Switch version of Puyo Puyo is overpriced at $40. I think the Switch version of Puyo Puyo is better than the PS4 version because of portability. 

If you go by Opencritic both titles are five points higher than Arms. And I prefer Opencritic. 

And 5 points is a massive difference?

3 points of difference "much better game"

One thing is to use this sites as a guide and other to believe every single point counts, it happened many times that the difference between versions of the same exact game had 3 and even 5 points of difference each other, which makes clear how nonsense is to consider a game "much better" because of a few points. 

Goodnightmoon said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

One thing is to use this sites as a guide and other to believe every single point counts, it happened many times that the difference between versions of the same exact game had 3 and even 5 points of difference each other, which makes clear how nonsense is to consider a game "much better" because of a few points. 

But the Switch version is portable, and has all the DLC included. How does that not justify a better score by 2 points on metacritic? I wouldn't call that nonsense. 

Edit: This is getting really off topic. I'll PM you any further responses for the sake of not derailing the thread. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But the Switch version is portable, and has all the DLC included. How does that not justify a better score by 2 points on metacritic? I wouldn't call that nonsense. 

The Ps4 version of Prey has a 79 while the XBO version has a 86

7 points of difference

Same freaking game

I guess the XBO is a masterpiece and the ps4 version is garbage because that's how things work right?

I don't really care if there's even a six month delay. I'm just happy that a Xenoblade game (not counting ports) finally gets to be released on a console that's not already on its death bed.