By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Jim Ryan on old Gran Turismo Games: "Why would anybody play this?"

Oh man, talk about tone-deaf. Although...a lack of respect for the game design decisions during the 5th and 6th gens would help explain Sony's current design philosophy.

Around the Network

Fuck that shit, the PS1 and PS2 are my favourite consoles of all time, I play them more than I play on my PS3 and PS4.

It sure didn't stop Sony from making PS3 BC with all of their previous consoles. Shame he has such a hostile attitude, I would sure love to play some PS1 Classics on my PS4.

Isn't that quote old as hell?

Edit: Technically no apparently, but it is largely just a reiteration of what they said back in 2015.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

he is right about some genres back on PS1 and PS2 though, they are awful compared to modern standards. Your title is a bit misleading

overall, i think the truth is somewhere in the middle of what Sony and MS say

Sony say it's not that important because they want to get more money from PS Now and can't be bothered, MS overstate its importance because they can't make good new shit to save their lives

Around the Network

Sure some games from the older generations dont hold up well, but for nostalgia some of us play them anyway. Then there are also the older gen games that do hold up well.

BC may not used as much as it is asked for, but that doesn't mean it should be dismissed out of hand because of some guys opinion that old games shouldn't be played.

What a silly thing to say when you offer a service that plays last gen games and you sell PS2 games on the PS Store.

Who wants to play old bc games? Now pay 20 euro for Star Ocean III it has trophies. Didn't COD black ops II made it recently in the top ten NPD sales because it became BC on Xbox one?

Nice to know Sony executives think their own back-catalogue is garbage.

Lol, as if they even considered BC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.