By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How can Microsoft win E3? Update: Almost, but dropped the ball!

Tagged games:

What Microsoft needs?

$299. 85 23.55%

Switch clone. 14 3.88%

Knack 2 exclusivity! 68 18.84%

Resign and go 3rd party. 134 37.12%

Nothing. 6 Tflops bitches! 60 16.62%

Total:361
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kaneman! said:
They needn't win anything. Just because Sony is selling massive numbers of PS4, doesn't mean that Xbox isn't doing well. Sure, they might not be winning the gen, but they still have over 50 million active Live users.

For me, if they do an adequate E3 presentation, I'll be satisfied. Just don't push some gadgets to be different.

Microsoft has gone all year without a console defining exclusive. Forget that....they havent even landed a generation defining IP. First gen they bought bungie and got Halo and second gen they funded Gears. They need to find a third party since thats where they get their genre defining exclusives from and quick. I heard E3 will show a new IP. Lets hope its true.

Again only way to win E3 is to show exclusives based on this comment and past ones.
Well then yah, Microsoft may definitely not win it to you :)

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Sprash said:

So according to your logic sony won e3 2006? and nintendo won every e3 last gen?

Accordic to what logic? Maybe you want to re-read what I said and get off your horse :)

Accordic to my "logic", everybody won their E3 to their fan base... Or I assume for you, having the most fan voting a poll = win? Well then by your logic, I guess so.

that's a pretty bad logic to use :/ everybody can win e3 it isn't about userbase... and who is "our"?

Sprash said:
Imaginedvl said:

Accordic to what logic? Maybe you want to re-read what I said and get off your horse :)

Accordic to my "logic", everybody won their E3 to their fan base... Or I assume for you, having the most fan voting a poll = win? Well then by your logic, I guess so.

that's a pretty bad logic to use :/ everybody can win e3 it isn't about userbase... and who is "our"?

It is 100% about the fan base... of course it is. They are the one coming out with "omg Sony eon the E3 so badly" while Microsoft fans are saying the opposite lol. Who else... I mean you can even see it everytime something comes up about Sony or Microsoft, and if there is a poll, no matter what, as the majority of people here are Sony enthusiast or Microsoft haters more specifically, the votes means nothing and are always one sided for any topic. Even if you ask "is 6TF mathematically higher than 4.5TF" I guarantee you people will, in majority, vote no lol

and the same goes for E3, who wins is defined mainly by the internet votes after all and is very subjective. 

and right now, I believe they are more Sony fans or people hoping from things for their console obviously based just on the user base of the Play Station Four... So no matter how much games both are showing, Sony will win more votes.

I won't be bothered... I'f I wanted to play a Xbox game I might aswell buy it on PC instead since 95% of them will come to PC anyway.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Microsoft shrunk their booth down to the size of third party booths, that's an obvious sign that they don't have much to show, just like how last year Nintendo didn't even have a presentation due to having barely any games. Thus, like I said about Nintendo last year, Microsoft lost before it even began and they know it.

Around the Network

Not a damn thing, being brutally honest. That's a bit exaggerated but i genuinely can't think of something they can do to turn heads. They are facing Sony with dedicated games for many types of players and genres and grabbing big third party deals, and Nintendo with a new console that is selling above expectations and also putting out killer first party titles.

What does MS bring at this point? not much. They got scorpio but that will be a premium item and the streaming service but that's not enough, specially with with so many Xbox exclusives being available for Windows 10.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Make some games for once

Imaginedvl said:
Ali_16x said:

Lol do you actually believe Microsoft had a better E3 during 2015 and 2016? It aint even debateable. 2014 however, it came down to what you enjoyed more, both had a bunch of CGI trailers.

"lol". I do.

I mean I'm sorry but you are proving my point. I can tell you that Microsoft fans have a very different oppinion than Sony enthusiasts and I have hard time to comprehend how some people really believe they are "right" instead of understanding that at the end it is all relative and subjective. 

So yes, you can argue as much as you want :) Like the majority of the Sony enthusiasts or anti Microsoft, who are "not interrested" you defintely think Sony's E3 are close to heaven... While Microsoft enthusiasts have usually a very different oppinion. I personally found the majority of Sony's E3 extremly boring, and the reasons are simples, I do not care about their games and consoles... Guess what, same goes the other way :)

I can tell you that other than maybe 2015 where it has nothing to do with content at the end, the majority of Xbox fans will tell you Microsoft enthusiasts will tell you Microsoft E3s were the best. 

I mean this is dead end argument and you are just proving out our point here anyway. At the end all conference will be the best for the ones who are expecting something out of it for themselves and getting it... Sony fans do not care at all about Microsoft and vice-et-versa... Both side will find their conference (unless it is really really really bad which is never the case) to be the best and this is simple logic.

At the moment the Play Station Four vs Xbox One usebase is like what? 65%-35%, well I can garantee you the results wil be about the same in "who won the E3" polls... Again, simple logic and nothing objective at the end :)

I get your point, who "wins" E3 is very much subjective and will undoubtely be coloured by your preference.However the fact that it can't be discussed objectively doesn't mean that it can't be discussed.

It also doesn't mean that the entire community is divided into camps that will exclusively award the "best show" to their own brand each and every time.

See, the divide may very well be 65-35, but Sony didn't achieve that number by parashooting PS4s into people's houses. Throughout this generation they seem to have been better at selling their hardware and software than Microsoft.
I know people that own multiple consoles, or were even pretty big fan of Microsoft, and actively wished they "won" this gen, but by and large they seem not to care about the direction the company is going with. 

I myself bought an XBox One as a direct consequence of their E3 2015 showing, and let me tell you: their 2016 conference was utter rubbish.
It was rubbish on its own terms, no comparison to other shows required; they spent way to much time on demo presentations of Scalebound and FFXV, Sea of Thieves' made its own game look shallow and obnoxious. The announcement of the S made my own purchase utterly worthless (I would be lucky to sell it for 150) and was immediately undercut by the Scorpio, which feels like the most tired idea they could come up with to liven things up.

Now, you may very well disagree with me there, and that's fine, to each its own. I'm sure you could argue that, as an XBox fan, it connected to you more.
However saying that Sony's next conference will be liked by more people because they sold more units, and that consequently there's no use discussing E3, seems like a preemptive way of saying that people won't like it.
Yet, you claim, XBox enthusiasts will like it, which isn't so great. You're implicitly admitting that, unless you're already on board with Microsoft and the direction the brand is taking, you won't like it. That this has been going on for a few years should make you pause.

It will ony convince people that require no further convincing. That might be bad. 

Banjo Threeie and Conker 2, of course.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Jpcc86 said:
darkenergy said:
Please don't confuse Microsoft bleeding JRPG's as a sign of them bleeding third party support. Less JRPG's doesn't mean less COD, FIFA, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Sure, but  COD, FIFA, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, etc. are a given in the competition, usually JRPGs signify more variety. 

Not sure why people keep throwing out JRPG as if they decide the fate of any of these consoles.  The western audience that MS cater to look at the list provided by Jpcc86.  Those are the main sellers and having the console that plays them first is the first step.  Basically you have to start somewhere and MS is thinking this.  First we get the hardware back, next we are the best place for 3rd and our 1st party games, next you build on that product line and when the next gen starts you make sure you have the best console at a cheap price which will be the Scorpio and whatever they bring next.  Its not about winning now, its about competing now and in the future.  Once you get a decent install base you get the other titles to your platform.