By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How can Microsoft win E3? Update: Almost, but dropped the ball!

Tagged games:

What Microsoft needs?

$299. 85 23.55%

Switch clone. 14 3.88%

Knack 2 exclusivity! 68 18.84%

Resign and go 3rd party. 134 37.12%

Nothing. 6 Tflops bitches! 60 16.62%

Total:361
RJ_Sizzle said:
Make deals with all brick and mortal stores and online distributors to become exclusive Xbox merchants, forcing Sony to only sell their products through one official online channel. Get patent for the name "video game". Patent troll and sue direct rivals.

That would still leave the immortal stores for Sony and Nintendo, and we all know these last longer

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Ali_16x said:

Lol do you actually believe Microsoft had a better E3 during 2015 and 2016? It aint even debateable. 2014 however, it came down to what you enjoyed more, both had a bunch of CGI trailers.

"lol". I do.

I mean I'm sorry but you are proving my point. I can tell you that Microsoft fans have a very different oppinion than Sony enthusiasts and I have hard time to comprehend how some people really believe they are "right" instead of understanding that at the end it is all relative and subjective. 

So yes, you can argue as much as you want :) Like the majority of the Sony enthusiasts or anti Microsoft, who are "not interrested" you defintely think Sony's E3 are close to heaven... While Microsoft enthusiasts have usually a very different oppinion. I personally found the majority of Sony's E3 extremly boring, and the reasons are simples, I do not care about their games and consoles... Guess what, same goes the other way :)

I can tell you that other than maybe 2015 where it has nothing to do with content at the end, the majority of Xbox fans will tell you Microsoft enthusiasts will tell you Microsoft E3s were the best. 

I mean this is dead end argument and you are just proving out our point here anyway. At the end all conference will be the best for the ones who are expecting something out of it for themselves and getting it... Sony fans do not care at all about Microsoft and vice-et-versa... Both side will find their conference (unless it is really really really bad which is never the case) to be the best and this is simple logic.

At the moment the Play Station Four vs Xbox One usebase is like what? 65%-35%, well I can garantee you the results wil be about the same in "who won the E3" polls... Again, simple logic and nothing objective at the end :)

I don't even understand what you're trying to get at, it seems like you just said the same thing a bunch of times but all I read was you say "Sony enthusiasts/Anti Microsoft" a bunch of times acting like the only people that exist are anti microsoft if they say that Sony had a better conference. 

And really I don't even want to get at how bad Microsoft is doing this generation in terms of games but they have the worst rated mainline Halo and Gears, failed new IPs, bunch of cancelled games and barely any games in the horizon. So I'm not sure how you expect gamers in general to say that Microsoft is doing well, but of course you'll just say, "They're all a bunch of Sony fanboys/Microsoft haters".

EDIT: And actually, I have no problem saying when one company has a better conference, I actually think that Microsoft had a pretty amazing E3 2014 but now looking at it, pretty much it's all cancelled or STILL not out. While Sony had such a bad conference filled with 3rd party games.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

chakkra said:

Annouce a bunch of exclusives for the end of the year and the next one. And showcase some games for Scorpio that would simply not be possible on Sony's hardware.

So games that would be fully Scorpio exclusive. That would mean that the Xone userbase will be split, since the PS4 can run any title the Xone is able to run. Except perhaps for crackdown 3 with cloud computing. Besides Sony can easily counter that with PSVR. So they should just announce a lot if games and hope for that new killer IP.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Imaginedvl said:
shikamaru317 said:

For me?
-One or more of the following (Halo RPG, Fable Reboot, Perfect Dark reboot, Age of Empires 4, Conker sequel, Smash Bros. clone, MS Kart game)
-Showing some effort towards fans of Japanese games (even if it's just multiplat ports instead of exclusives I'll be happy)
-Showing a decent number of games that have improved graphics/framerate on Scorpio instead of just 4K
-At least one new AAA IP
-Halo 6 beta with Crackdown 3

For the majority?
-Let's be honest here, MS can't win in the eyes of the internet. Even if they announced Fable 4, Age of Empires 4, Banjo 3, Half Life 3 as a console exclusive, and Scorpio for $400 with a bundled game, the majority would still claim that Sony won, even if they mostly show trailer/demos for games they have announced in previous years. It's simply not possible for MS to win.

That. Everything, including the bold part :) 

I mean 66% of the "gamers" (console owner) will claim Sony won no matter what they do as we saw in the past years E3 :)

Regarding poll options, as a Microsoft enthusiast; I obviously believe they already have the winning hand but if they come up with 299$ (which is very unlikely) it would be nuclear.

Objectively speaking outside the titles with the potential to sell the most consoles are coming exclusively to sony.  Not only that but its a landslide victory with all of the marketing deals for the top third party games. Sony has Microsoft beaten with first, second and third party and now marketing deals too walking into E3. What Microsoft has to do to beat Sony would honestly be the best kept secret in gaming. Sony has so many exclusives coming from all partieis that announcing more new IP's at E3 or Playstation experience would be overkill. Its just overhwelming. So far its looking like Nintendo will ace Microsoft with exclusives as well. It has not been a good year at all for Mirosoft and even Xbox gamers on the net have admitted to this.

A new IP megaton would have to be announced to even have a great E3 for Microsoft because even a $499 console will not save them. This E3 is the proving grounds for Microsoft.

Qwark said:
chakkra said:

Annouce a bunch of exclusives for the end of the year and the next one. And showcase some games for Scorpio that would simply not be possible on Sony's hardware.

So games that would be fully Scorpio exclusive. That would mean that the Xone userbase will be split, since the PS4 can run any title the Xone is able to run. Except perhaps for crackdown 3 with cloud computing. Besides Sony can easily counter that with PSVR. So they should just announce a lot if games and hope for that new killer IP.

There will be no scorpio exclusives. Microsoft wouldnt be dumb enough to split up a fanbase that could barely profit off of single player games.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Qwark said:

There will be no scorpio exclusives. Microsoft wouldnt be dumb enough to split up a fanbase that could barely profit off of single player games.

Probably not although there is some rumour that Scorpio will phase out the Xone. And the Scorpio will be phased out with the next Scorpio and so forth. So in the end the Scorpio could have some exclusives buy it's way too early for that now.

They needn't win anything. Just because Sony is selling massive numbers of PS4, doesn't mean that Xbox isn't doing well. Sure, they might not be winning the gen, but they still have over 50 million active Live users.

For me, if they do an adequate E3 presentation, I'll be satisfied. Just don't push some gadgets to be different.

Qwark said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Probably not although there is some rumour that Scorpio will phase out the Xone. And the Scorpio will be phased out with the next Scorpio and so forth. So in the end the Scorpio could have some exclusives buy it's way too early for that now.

Seriously....lol....think about what you just said. Phase out the Xbox One...mid gen...when Mirosoft has sold over thirty million consoles. LOL Think about it dude....really LOL

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Qwark said:

Seriously....lol....think about what you just said. Phase out the Xbox One...mid gen...when Mirosoft has sold over thirty million consoles. LOL Think about it dude....really LOL

You think about this all wrong. For instance what's the biggest reason the 360 outsold the PS3 during the 7th gen. It had the lead and initiative. If Scorpio 2 which will also be the X2 arrives in 2019 it could have that initiative again. MS can still choose to make their exclusives compatible for 2 consoles like an extended launch period. Eventually the original Scorpio will be to weak to receive support but by that time it had a lifespan if over 4 years. MS can abandon the whole idea of gens and just phase out Xboxes once every four or five years and make a platform which I'd superior for third party support and received better looking first party titles than playstation.

Kaneman! said:
They needn't win anything. Just because Sony is selling massive numbers of PS4, doesn't mean that Xbox isn't doing well. Sure, they might not be winning the gen, but they still have over 50 million active Live users.

For me, if they do an adequate E3 presentation, I'll be satisfied. Just don't push some gadgets to be different.

Microsoft has gone all year without a console defining exclusive. Forget that....they havent even landed a generation defining IP. First gen they bought bungie and got Halo and second gen they funded Gears. They need to find a third party since thats where they get their genre defining exclusives from and quick. I heard E3 will show a new IP. Lets hope its true.