By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How can Microsoft win E3? Update: Almost, but dropped the ball!

Tagged games:

What Microsoft needs?

$299. 85 23.55%

Switch clone. 14 3.88%

Knack 2 exclusivity! 68 18.84%

Resign and go 3rd party. 134 37.12%

Nothing. 6 Tflops bitches! 60 16.62%

Total:361
shikamaru317 said:

For me?
-One or more of the following (Halo RPG, Fable Reboot, Perfect Dark reboot, Age of Empires 4, Conker sequel, Smash Bros. clone, MS Kart game)
-Showing some effort towards fans of Japanese games (even if it's just multiplat ports instead of exclusives I'll be happy)
-Showing a decent number of games that have improved graphics/framerate on Scorpio instead of just 4K
-At least one new AAA IP
-Halo 6 beta with Crackdown 3

For the majority?
-Let's be honest here, MS can't win in the eyes of the internet. Even if they announced Fable 4, Age of Empires 4, Banjo 3, Half Life 3 as a console exclusive, and Scorpio for $400 with a bundled game, the majority would still claim that Sony won, even if they mostly show trailer/demos for games they have announced in previous years. It's simply not possible for MS to win.

If they win the ms fans thats all that matters.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
shikamaru317 said:

For me?
-One or more of the following (Halo RPG, Fable Reboot, Perfect Dark reboot, Age of Empires 4, Conker sequel, Smash Bros. clone, MS Kart game)
-Showing some effort towards fans of Japanese games (even if it's just multiplat ports instead of exclusives I'll be happy)
-Showing a decent number of games that have improved graphics/framerate on Scorpio instead of just 4K
-At least one new AAA IP
-Halo 6 beta with Crackdown 3

For the majority?
-Let's be honest here, MS can't win in the eyes of the internet. Even if they announced Fable 4, Age of Empires 4, Banjo 3, Half Life 3 as a console exclusive, and Scorpio for $400 with a bundled game, the majority would still claim that Sony won, even if they mostly show trailer/demos for games they have announced in previous years. It's simply not possible for MS to win.

That. Everything, including the bold part :) 

I mean 66% of the "gamers" (console owner) will claim Sony won no matter what they do as we saw in the past years E3 :)

Regarding poll options, as a Microsoft enthusiast; I obviously believe they already have the winning hand but if they come up with 299$ (which is very unlikely) it would be nuclear.

Lol do you actually believe Microsoft had a better E3 during 2015 and 2016? It aint even debateable. 2014 however, it came down to what you enjoyed more, both had a bunch of CGI trailers.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

There's a reason MS has been quiet on the games front this year. Betting lots of game announcements to compliment the Scorpio. Hoping for a Rare game announcement and alot of 4k support.

Or they could announce a Steam App for XB1. Drops mic. (Wishful thinking console only gamers ;P)

LipeJJ said:

$199 Scorpio, $99 XB1.

Announce 100% exclusive titles, not available on PC:

-Halo 6
-Gears Spin off
-Forza Motorsport 7
-Sea of Thieves release date
-Scalebound revival + release date
-At least 3 new exclusive JRPGs from Japanese studios
-Crackdown 3 release date
-New Phantom Dust from the ground
-Sunset Overdrive

-Minecraft 2 

Why such unrealistic and unreasonable goals?

Sure, they could do all of those things... But they're a business that is out to make money. Not hand it to the consumer.

Ali_16x said:
Imaginedvl said:

That. Everything, including the bold part :) 

I mean 66% of the "gamers" (console owner) will claim Sony won no matter what they do as we saw in the past years E3 :)

Regarding poll options, as a Microsoft enthusiast; I obviously believe they already have the winning hand but if they come up with 299$ (which is very unlikely) it would be nuclear.

Lol do you actually believe Microsoft had a better E3 during 2015 and 2016? It aint even debateable. 2014 however, it came down to what you enjoyed more, both had a bunch of CGI trailers.

"lol". I do.

I mean I'm sorry but you are proving my point. I can tell you that Microsoft fans have a very different oppinion than Sony enthusiasts and I have hard time to comprehend how some people really believe they are "right" instead of understanding that at the end it is all relative and subjective. 

So yes, you can argue as much as you want :) Like the majority of the Sony enthusiasts or anti Microsoft, who are "not interrested" you defintely think Sony's E3 are close to heaven... While Microsoft enthusiasts have usually a very different oppinion. I personally found the majority of Sony's E3 extremly boring, and the reasons are simples, I do not care about their games and consoles... Guess what, same goes the other way :)

I can tell you that other than maybe 2015 where it has nothing to do with content at the end, the majority of Xbox fans will tell you Microsoft enthusiasts will tell you Microsoft E3s were the best. 

I mean this is dead end argument and you are just proving out our point here anyway. At the end all conference will be the best for the ones who are expecting something out of it for themselves and getting it... Sony fans do not care at all about Microsoft and vice-et-versa... Both side will find their conference (unless it is really really really bad which is never the case) to be the best and this is simple logic.

At the moment the Play Station Four vs Xbox One usebase is like what? 65%-35%, well I can garantee you the results wil be about the same in "who won the E3" polls... Again, simple logic and nothing objective at the end :)

Around the Network

I think that based on the last couple of E3s, Microsoft's been doing a steady job. Their problem is how Sony's been delivering their conferences recently. With the whole PlayStation Experience thing and having live orchestras and making things more like a 2-hour movie, you're basically getting two very different kinds of presentations.

Sony's conferences LOOK more epic, grand in scale, and majestic. Even if they haven't delivered all the games yet, they've been going for a more cinematic approach and cut down on the speeches. I'll readily admit that they can be full of fluff, but they're fun to watch.

Microsoft's conferences have been very classic in their presentation, so they could announce everything on everyone's wishlists, but if Sony brings out TWO orchestras this year playing Star Wars music with a hologram Lil' Sebastian, MS is shit outta luck.

fielding88 said:
With the whole PlayStation Experience thing and having live orchestras and making things more like a 2-hour movie.

Even if they haven't delivered all the games yet, they've been going for a more cinematic approach and cut down on the speeches.

Naughty Dog directing Sony e3 press conference confirmed?

Miguel_Zorro said:
LipeJJ said:

$199 Scorpio, $99 XB1.

-Halo 6
-Gears Spin off
-Forza Motorsport 7
-Sunset Overdrive

-Minecraft 2 

Damn LipeJJ!

ironmanDX said:
LipeJJ said:

$199 Scorpio, $99 XB1.

-Halo 6
-Gears Spin off
-Forza Motorsport 7
-Sunset Overdrive

-Minecraft 2 

Why such unrealistic and unreasonable goals?

Sure, they could do all of those things... But they're a business that is out to make money. Not hand it to the consumer.

Exactly... it would take this much for they to win, at least in my eyes of course. That's why I don't think it will happen (the prices were jokes tho, a $400 Scorpio would already be pretty good). 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Imaginedvl said:
Ali_16x said:

"lol". I do.

I mean I'm sorry but you are proving my point. I can tell you that Microsoft fans have a very different oppinion than Sony enthusiasts and I have hard time to comprehend how some people really believe they are "right" instead of understanding that at the end it is all relative and subjective. 

So yes, you can argue as much as you want :) Like the majority of the Sony enthusiasts or anti Microsoft, who are "not interrested" you defintely think Sony's E3 are close to heaven... While Microsoft enthusiasts have usually a very different oppinion. I personally found the majority of Sony's E3 extremly boring, and the reasons are simples, I do not care about their games and consoles... Guess what, same goes the other way :)

I can tell you that other than maybe 2015 where it has nothing to do with content at the end, the majority of Xbox fans will tell you Microsoft enthusiasts will tell you Microsoft E3s were the best. 

I mean this is dead end argument and you are just proving out our point here anyway. At the end all conference will be the best for the ones who are expecting something out of it for themselves and getting it... Sony fans do not care at all about Microsoft and vice-et-versa... Both side will find their conference (unless it is really really really bad which is never the case) to be the best and this is simple logic.

At the moment the Play Station Four vs Xbox One usebase is like what? 65%-35%, well I can garantee you the results wil be about the same in "who won the E3" polls... Again, simple logic and nothing objective at the end :)

So according to your logic sony won e3 2006? and nintendo won every e3 last gen?

They should totally announce that they are going to publish all their exclusives on Playstation too, just to show everyone exactly how superior the Scorpio really is.

That would win my heart.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’