By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How can Microsoft win E3? Update: Almost, but dropped the ball!

Tagged games:

What Microsoft needs?

$299. 85 23.55%

Switch clone. 14 3.88%

Knack 2 exclusivity! 68 18.84%

Resign and go 3rd party. 134 37.12%

Nothing. 6 Tflops bitches! 60 16.62%

Total:361
thismeintiel said:
darkenergy said:
Please don't confuse Microsoft bleeding JRPG's as a sign of them bleeding third party support. Less JRPG's doesn't mean less COD, FIFA, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Also since when did Scalebound considered to be "highly anticipated"?

Ah, the same old X exclusive was canceled, or didn't perform well, on Xbox, so we'll pretend their was little hype or anticipation for it when the exact opposite is true.

Alan Wake all over, again.

"Or didn't performed well, on Xbox,"

"Alan Wake all over again"

Yeah I don't think you can compare a game that was still in development with a game that ACTUALLY did get a full release.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
darkenergy said:
thismeintiel said:

Ah, the same old X exclusive was canceled, or didn't perform well, on Xbox, so we'll pretend their was little hype or anticipation for it when the exact opposite is true.

Alan Wake all over, again.

"Or didn't performed well, on Xbox,"

"Alan Wake all over again"

Yeah I don't think you can compare a game that was still in development with a game that ACTUALLY did get a full release.

I can. And I just did.  The attitudes are the same in both situations.

Xbox is already doing some good things, but it's all backward facing: GWG, backward compatibility, Game Pass, etc.

It also needs to look forward, past securing the same AAA third parties games available on PC and PS4. That means exclusives, exclusives, exclusives, from within and without. Gears and Forza seem fine, so stay the course. Halo needs a complete shakeup. 343 is chasing its own tail with this dumb-as-a-sack-of-doorknobs Forerunner story and pushing online multiplayer at the expense of a substantial single-player campaign. Bring back Fable or create some other homegrown RPG series. Stop indulging Rare. Stop slapping microstransactions on everything. Recruit more indie game makers and forge long-lasting relationships with Japanese publishers.

The problem is that this is all a dream. Microsoft doesn't NEED to do any of that. It seems to be making money from Xbox LIVE and other fees and royalties. It doesn't care if it's second or third place in the video game industry when it's number one is a space far more important and profitable.

So I think those of us who yearn for a return to the 360 days should get used to disappointment, and I think those who want Microsoft to fail should stop twisting the knife. Moving forward Xbox will be decentralized across PCs and living room units like Scorpio. There will be fewer high-profile, homegrown releases, and those that remain will probably be part of a subscription service, or sold episodically, and/or saddled with microtransactions and DLC.

Nothing, 6 teraflops bitches.

I think people are finally starting to realize that Microsoft is primarily and almost solely a computer company. The engagement and interactivity is at an all time low. They would need a redefinition of their direction, hopefully taking hints from Nintendo and using their R&D projects such as hologram, AR, and touch interface technologies to come up with something entirely new. I think they need some quiet alone time in a secluded room to think about the state of everything.

Around the Network

All MS can do is just buyout developers and hope for the best..which has seldom ever been good for the developer being bought out (or required to make exclusive games) or even MS.

Lube Me Up

Make deals with all brick and mortal stores and online distributors to become exclusive Xbox merchants, forcing Sony to only sell their products through one official online channel. Get patent for the name "video game". Patent troll and sue direct rivals.

steam and all its games on scorpio.

RDR2 only on Xbox one. Instawin.

Judging by the poll & posts so far, I guess Knack 2 isn't that big of a deal. Half-Life 3 has hardly been mentioned too...

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)