By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The British general election. (HUNG PARLIAMENT)

Tagged games:

Hung Parliament?

Hang Parliament! 4 33.33%

Handwaving Participant 1 8.33%

Heated Posterior 0 0%

Home Parlour 1 8.33%

Hetero Positioning 1 8.33%

Herbivore Pterodactyl 2 16.67%

Health Points 3 25.00%

Total:12
VGPolyglot said:
Teeqoz said:

I still assume that your candidate of choice was Bernie.

I had no candidate of choice, because Bernie Sanders was running for the party of then-current president, there was no way he was going to change much.

I don't believe that you were completely indifferent as to who won the election, and that if you had been forced to make a choice, you would have voted for Bernie (or possibly a third party).

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Ljink96 said:

Oh come on, we all know Hillary wouldn't have done half the garbage Trump has done...but what did I expect. You are a polar bear, you guys can't know much

Actually, she probably would have done most of the garbage Trump has done, just with different rhetoric.

Not..really. She wouldn't pull out of the Paris Accord, she wouldn't have gotten 24 million people off of health insurance and cut taxes on the wealthy, need I go on. I think your're gravely ill informed when it comes to the clintons. Sure, Hillary did some things that were questionable, what politician doesn't? But It was BIll and Hillary that got out country a surplus of money and from what my parents told me, then....everybody had money. It wasn't until bush got into office that things went to shit. 

We simply can't act like Trump is better than Hillary. We can't. I'm sorry.

Mnementh said:
sc94597 said:

Yeah, but the other half she'd be much more competant at achieving. She knows how to manuevuer and get her crappy policies through, while Trump just knows how to market himself. Most of his crappy policies have failed to come to fruition. 

This is exactly the reason I hoped Trump would win. He is less competent and even more important the political scene is against him and tries to stop him. And it works more or less so far. He tries to do bad shit but is failing often enough. Hope it stays that way. Even more win, if in the fight of intelligence services against Trump also the intelligence services (that spy on me as a european) will lose funding.

You're being insanely selfish though. There are people who will suffer from Trump's ideals and bills. He proposes a reverse robin hood agenda that literally steals from the poor and gives to the greedy. How can you be content with that? That's just too selfish. I'm healthy, I can pay for my health insurance if need be but for 24 million people, that's not the case. You don't get a country out of debt by cutting taxes on the richest corporate companies and business owners. That's the exact opposite way to do it. And then to have the nerve to cut funding from programs that imrpove people's lives.

The same people who voted for Trump are the same people that will hurt the most from his actions. That's the saddest part. Meals on Wheels, Medicaid premiums, are about to stop and go up respectively. We're talking premiums that go up to 13k if you were paying 1k a year earlier. And most of the middle age to elderly people who voted for Trump are on fixed incomes and can't pay a damn 13k premium. Obama, he couldn't get much done due to the republican stranglehold but we can't deny the progress he's made over his 8 years. Imagine if the house and senate were democratic, we could probably be in much better condition. Everybody thinks they have "the answer" to fixing America or "Making it Great Again" and everybody who's name is Donald Trump thinks they can do it "alone" and it's simply not true. His presidencey is a joke and an embarassment to the republican party and I'd be ashamed if I voted for him or supported his backwared, corrupt, narcissistic ideals.

Wyrdness said:
Random_Matt said:
Underestimated young voters, what youngster doesn't want free tuition fee's

A bit more than Young voters they underestimated old people, people who have health issues, disabled, NHS workers, people who have an ethnic background and now EU Nationals.

It's exactly like this: The young and the South have voted Labour and The older and North have voted Conservative.

Rather polorised country. Likely some revenge from the remain voters to.

Random_Matt said:
Underestimated young voters, what youngster doesn't want free tuition fee's

The ones who don't go to university but have to pay for those who do???

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
VGPolyglot said:

I had no candidate of choice, because Bernie Sanders was running for the party of then-current president, there was no way he was going to change much.

I don't believe that you were completely indifferent as to who won the election, and that if you had been forced to make a choice, you would have voted for Bernie (or possibly a third party).

If I was forced to vote, I'd put in a joke vote like Satan or something like that.

Ljink96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Actually, she probably would have done most of the garbage Trump has done, just with different rhetoric.

Not..really. She wouldn't pull out of the Paris Accord, she wouldn't have gotten 24 million people off of health insurance and cut taxes on the wealthy, need I go on. I think your're gravely ill informed when it comes to the clintons. Sure, Hillary did some things that were questionable, what politician doesn't? But It was BIll and Hillary that got out country a surplus of money and from what my parents told me, then....everybody had money. It wasn't until bush got into office that things went to shit. 

We simply can't act like Trump is better than Hillary. We can't. I'm sorry.

That's my point. It's not an individual candidate that's the problem it's the whole system itself that is.

Labour wins?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Ljink96 said:
Mnementh said:

This is exactly the reason I hoped Trump would win. He is less competent and even more important the political scene is against him and tries to stop him. And it works more or less so far. He tries to do bad shit but is failing often enough. Hope it stays that way. Even more win, if in the fight of intelligence services against Trump also the intelligence services (that spy on me as a european) will lose funding.

You're being insanely selfish though. There are people who will suffer from Trump's ideals and bills. He proposes a reverse robin hood agenda that literally steals from the poor and gives to the greedy. How can you be content with that? That's just too selfish. I'm healthy, I can pay for my health insurance if need be but for 24 million people, that's not the case. You don't get a country out of debt by cutting taxes on the richest corporate companies and business owners. That's the exact opposite way to do it. And then to have the nerve to cut funding from programs that imrpove people's lives.

The same people who voted for Trump are the same people that will hurt the most from his actions. That's the saddest part. Meals on Wheels, Medicaid premiums, are about to stop and go up respectively. We're talking premiums that go up to 13k if you were paying 1k a year earlier. And most of the middle age to elderly people who voted for Trump are on fixed incomes and can't pay a damn 13k premium. Obama, he couldn't get much done due to the republican stranglehold but we can't deny the progress he's made over his 8 years. Imagine if the house and senate were democratic, we could probably be in much better condition. Everybody thinks they have "the answer" to fixing America or "Making it Great Again" and everybody who's name is Donald Trump thinks they can do it "alone" and it's simply not true. His presidencey is a joke and an embarassment to the republican party and I'd be ashamed if I voted for him or supported his backwared, corrupt, narcissistic ideals.

Well, I hoped for decades now the Americans would come to their senses. I put a lot of hope in Obama. Now I think that it is sad that americans suffer, but at least the rest of the world gets a breather if America is fighting itself. The overblown intelligence sector needs to be cut down, it is hurting the whole world with it's spying, hacking and sabotaging. The thing I hope most for is that the US is too much doing it's own stuff, that it stops getting military involved all over the world. People are actually dying from the politics of the US, the war on terror has already tens of thousands of victims and terrorists are a minority of them. Countries are failed because of that, what actually does help terrorism. Yes, it is sad people in the US are losing healthcare. but people all around the world are dying at that could reduce if the US stops meddling in the stuff of others. Therefore I hope all the Trump-Russia investigation turns into a big pile of shit for everyone in the political circles. That actually could save lifes - outside the US.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

deskpro2k3 said:
Labour wins?

no but their gap will decrease quite a bit given them a stronger position in discussions.

May would probably be ousted by the conservatives because of her blunder and running a bad campaign.

The good thing is both sides were supporting Brexit which made it a non issue in the campaign. Economic indicators are already on the rise and people who fell for the end of the would stay campaign now realize the world is not ending if they leave EU.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

It looks like the collective suicide of the Scots has saved Theresa May.