By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The British general election. (HUNG PARLIAMENT)

Tagged games:

Hung Parliament?

Hang Parliament! 4 33.33%

Handwaving Participant 1 8.33%

Heated Posterior 0 0%

Home Parlour 1 8.33%

Hetero Positioning 1 8.33%

Herbivore Pterodactyl 2 16.67%

Health Points 3 25.00%

Total:12
VGPolyglot said:
AsGryffynn said:

No, it most definitely was and this will cement it. I am not far right, I am anti establishment. Whichever wing you swing to, anyone who hates the guys in charge is my ally... 

Anti-establishment? But your post says America, and the Republican Party, along with the Democratic Party, is the establishment.

Not under Trumpo... 

Also, I wonder what would happen if Corby wins Corby... 

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
VGPolyglot said:

Anti-establishment? But your post says America, and the Republican Party, along with the Democratic Party, is the establishment.

Not under Trumpo... 

Also, I wonder what would happen if Corby wins Corby... 

The Clintons went to Trump's wedding. That doesn't happen if you're not part of the establishment.

I am for Catalonian independence even though I now live in Madrid. It happens...

So if Conservatives meet their projection of 318, will they form a coalition with DUP for a majority government? Either way, this is a big loss for May.

Just like that May's gamble backfires making it two Tory gambles in a row that have gone wrong following the EU vote, she might now become the shortest serving PM as a result. If it weren't for Scotland the Tories would have faced a possible exit out of Government via coalition, why the Scots voted Tory is anyone's guess as they're the party who least looks out for the Scots.

Around the Network

World politics has gone nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Wyrdness said:

Just like that May's gamble backfires making it two Tory gambles in a row that have gone wrong following the EU vote, she might now become the shortest serving PM as a result. If it weren't for Scotland the Tories would have faced a possible exit out of Government via coalition, why the Scots voted Tory is anyone's guess as they're the party who least looks out for the Scots.

Russian involvement? lol

It does not matter how many MPs: The Conservatives, Labour, etc are elected to Parliament. Democracy is going to be the winner at the end of the day regardless of the outcome or margin of victory. The people have spoken and the parliament will have to work for 5 years or until the next UK election.

https://www.facebook.com/TheresaMayOfficial/posts/1737355726281193

"If I lose just six seats I will lose this election, and Jeremy Corbyn will be sitting down to negotiate with the presidents, prime ministers and chancellors of Europe:

[...]

And make no mistake, it could happen. The cold hard fact is that if I lose just six seats I will lose this election, and Jeremy Corbyn will be sitting down to negotiate with the presidents, prime ministers and chancellors of Europe."

Haven't seen that Facebook post before, but I think it's funny.

Normally I'd be happy with this result as it doesn't give any party too much control but withe the brexit negotiations this is not the ideal scenario. May's campaign was rubbish and she was on the ropes quite a few times. At least I suppose with the dup she has her 5 year term to get through the full length of the brexit process. The other option where she goes to the country during the final stages of leaving Europe and fails to get a mandate to finish it is worse.

She seems to have mis-judged soo many things in election campaign and destroyed what was at the time I think a 20 point lead in the polls and most of this was due to own goals. Clearly Scotland does not want a second referendum and that has helped the conservatives.

I guess there are a lot of coalition governments in Europe and they will push for the best deal for Europe whatever May's majority in parliament so not much has changed really except for the egg on her face for such a poor campaign. As poorly judged and expensive as many of Corbyn's policies are he clearly was more comfortable in his campaign and it's clear students liked his policies of throwing money at them.

As ever the majority of politicians are talentless cretins with huge ego's and this applies to most of them worldwide.