By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you trust Sony enough to buy a PSP 3?

Would you trust Sony enough to buy a PSP 3?

Yes, I would buy a PSP3 with confidence! 157 29.79%

Maybe, I would wait a yea... 124 23.53%

No, how they treated the ... 246 46.68%

Total:527

Oh, Sony has made it pretty clear they have no desire to make a new or even support a portable gaming console.

Unless they can make a PS4 the size of Switch, dont expect any portable Sony console.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Green098 said:

I have a question just out of curiosity;

If Sony did make a PSP 3, and it failed do you trust them to still support it?

Because if the answer is 'no', then can you fully trust Sony at making another handheld?

Sure we could trust Sony to support it if does become a success, we could trust Sony that they could make a successful portable this time around. But with the chance of it performing no better than the PS Vita, do you trust Sony to support it any better than did with the Vita.

I don't think it is a matter of trust when it comes to companies supporting failed products. It seems unrealistic to me to expect a company to continue to support a money loosing venture that has no alternitive gains. I think the fact that Sony supported the Vita as well as it did for the past 6 years, with the way it performed is admirable. There are much more popular and expensive products that see even less and shorter support. 

The thing with any future PlayStation product, is I would expect it to be tied to the PlayStation ecosystem. It would run on a scaled chipset shared with all other PlayStation devices. It would have a shared OS with all other PlayStation devices. It would run the same apps, and services as any other PlayStation hardware. 

I trust that if Sony made another handheld they would learn from their mistakes, and they would learn from the mistakes of the rest of the industry. I trust that if done right, a PSP3 would be a device that would be making money from day one, and would be something Sony would stick with for the long haul even if sales were only on par with what Vita did before. I trust that with Kaz at the helm, and the PlayStation division marching towards being over half of Sony's market value, yearly revenue and profits, that Sony will continue to take any PlayStation device very seriously. 

Why do I have all this trust?

Because Sony has no other option at this point. They can not afford for PlayStation to stagnate. They can not afford for consoles to fade away into the past. Their future rides on the success of PlayStation.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Trust Sony?

Trust the handheld market to be revived?

Just quit the nonsense talk about the comeback of expensive traditional handheld consoles.

Hunting Season is done...

KBG29 said:
Green098 said:

I have a question just out of curiosity;

If Sony did make a PSP 3, and it failed do you trust them to still support it?

Because if the answer is 'no', then can you fully trust Sony at making another handheld?

Sure we could trust Sony to support it if does become a success, we could trust Sony that they could make a successful portable this time around. But with the chance of it performing no better than the PS Vita, do you trust Sony to support it any better than did with the Vita.

I don't think it is a matter of trust when it comes to companies supporting failed products. It seems unrealistic to me to expect a company to continue to support a money loosing venture that has no alternitive gains. I think the fact that Sony supported the Vita as well as it did for the past 6 years, with the way it performed is admirable. There are much more popular and expensive products that see even less and shorter support. 

The thing with any future PlayStation product, is I would expect it to be tied to the PlayStation ecosystem. It would run on a scaled chipset shared with all other PlayStation devices. It would have a shared OS with all other PlayStation devices. It would run the same apps, and services as any other PlayStation hardware. 

I trust that if Sony made another handheld they would learn from their mistakes, and they would learn from the mistakes of the rest of the industry. I trust that if done right, a PSP3 would be a device that would be making money from day one, and would be something Sony would stick with for the long haul even if sales were only on par with what Vita did before. I trust that with Kaz at the helm, and the PlayStation division marching towards being over half of Sony's market value, yearly revenue and profits, that Sony will continue to take any PlayStation device very seriously. 

Why do I have all this trust?

Because Sony has no other option at this point. They can not afford for PlayStation to stagnate. They can not afford for consoles to fade away into the past. Their future rides on the success of PlayStation.

When you buy a piece of hardware like the Vita for example you expect worthwhile games to reach the system especiallly from a huge band like Sony/Playstation, a company can't just say well too bad this didn't become successful too bad. It will give it a bad rep, and people won't to buy a successor because they can't trust Sony to support it in 4 years.

Sure it can be considered unrealistic to continue to support for a product that didn't do great, but with 15 million people owning a Vita that's still a big audience to make profit off with games. Look at the Wii U for example sure it lost Nintendo money at the start, but they got to a point were they could make it a profitable platform and not lose money off it, so is a little support too much to ask? It could even help the platform perform better.

I trust that Sony could make a better handheld than the Vita. I just don't have enough trust that it would be a success, and therefore not get any support quickly down the line.

Anyways it's not like Sony is in need of another platform like a new handheld, making one is a risky move that could hurt them more than help. They've already got VR, they can't make games for PS4, PSVR and a handheld. PlayStation is in no need of saving, the PS4 could not sell a single more unit as of I'm typing this and still continue to be a successful. Considering the amount of PlayStation hardware sales means to stagnate it wouldn't matter if they went slighty below as it is still a huge amount. Consoles are far from dead, and more interesting features tied them also continue to keep the market flowing. Sony's making more than enough money off the PlayStation 4 making a bunch of other products that can likely not perform well would just end up costing time, money and resources that are better invested elsewhere.

Boy I don't know. Vita was great for indies and A and AA Japanese games but that software will be on Switch moving forward. Plus Switch will have Nintendo's first-party content. So I'd essentially be swapping out Nintendo first parties with Sony first parties, which would be a major step down.

And that's assuming Sony actually supported the thing. Two of the best games on Vita, Wipeout 2048 and Killzone Mercenary, are from studios now closed. With Sony moving increasingly toward cinematic action games and VR, why would it embrace tiny screens and less horsepower?

Around the Network

Lol nope xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I trusted Nintendo enough to buy the Wii U, so sure why not lol

All joking aside, I'll wait to see what kind of support Sony will do with the PSP3 first before jumping in, just like how I'm waiting with the Switch.

It's not really about trust for me, since both the PSP and PS Vita have been really good as far as hardware itself is concerned. The bigger issue would be how well 3rd party developers would support it. Then again, I don't really care that much for portable gaming, so it doesn't matter which company releases a handheld system. I probably wouldn't get one regardless of who was behind it.

Of course, I was never disappointed by any Sony product in my whole life!!! And PSP and PS Vita were amazing handhelds!

BraLoD said:
Darashiva said:
It's not really about trust for me, since both the PSP and PS Vita have been really good as far as hardware itself is concerned. The bigger issue would be how well 3rd party developers would support it. Then again, I don't really care that much for portable gaming, so it doesn't matter which company releases a handheld system. I probably wouldn't get one regardless of who was behind it.

What if:

BraLoD said:
If they announce they are making a new LoD for it I would buy it in a heartbeat.

?

Well, that might be the one thing to get me to buy a handheld.