By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you trust Sony enough to buy a PSP 3?

Would you trust Sony enough to buy a PSP 3?

Yes, I would buy a PSP3 with confidence! 157 29.79%

Maybe, I would wait a yea... 124 23.53%

No, how they treated the ... 246 46.68%

Total:527
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Sony is one of the most trusted companies in the world and always delivers quality products. The PSP 3 will be a huge success!

tell that to their plethora of electronics divisions as well as their movie division (which has had laughably bad box office flops in the last few years). Hate to say it but Sony is definitely not trusted outside of Playstation. Their gaming division is respected multiple more times more than anything else they currently do.

Ask yourself this- if Sony is so 'trusted' then why is it that their mega corporation with like 100,000 employees has a stock value (and company rough buyout value) only marginally above Nintendo's? the answer is obvious. Sony is bloated and has a bunch of divisions that haven't done well in quite a while.

if Sony were just a video game company things would be different, but even now they're spread thin. Bear in mind at one point in time Sony was a leading competitor in the electronics departments of stores- TV's, phones, CD players- in everything except gaming they are a shadow of their former selves. Not to mention as far as investors are concerned- Sony is a big question mark. Bear in mind that almost the entire first decade of the 2000s (from the PS2 through the PS3) Sony LOST money in a lot of the years.

I think they honestly may have screwed themselves as far as the handheld market is concerned by abandoning the Vita. It doesn't provide consumer trust. It certainly doesn't help that the Switch ended up being quite sleek and powerful (for a handheld) and that a lot of Vita owners seem to dig it. 

Sony would need to invest big to kill it with a PSP2. They'd need some awesome exclusives at launch and no bullshit (like 70 dollar memory cards). 

Around the Network
SuperBott said:
Bandorr said:

50? I'd love to see that list. Are you counting JP only games like DQ Heroes 1-2,  Xenoverse 2 etc?

Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Has Been Heroes

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+

Blaster Master Zero

1-2-Switch

Just Dance 2017

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

Snipperclips - Cut it out, together!

Super Bomberman R

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors

Thumper

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical

NBA Playgrounds

Blazing Star

TumbleSeed

Over Top

KAMIKO

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Fatal Fury

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Samurai Shodawn IV

Mr. Shifty

The Jackbox Party Pack 3

LEGO® CITY Undercover

Metal Slug

Metal Slug 3

Snake Pass

Turf Masters

ALPHA MISSION II

Graceful Explosion Machine

Vroom in the Night Sky

New Frontier Days ~Founding Pioneers~

Othello

Human Resource Machine

Little Inferno

World of Goo

NAM-1975

Shock Troopers

The King of Fighters '94

The King of Fighters '98

WAKU WAKU 7

World Heroes Perfect

VOEZ

Fast RMX

I am Setsuna

SKYLANDERS® IMAGINATORS

Did you separate the NEO GEO collection games to make that list?

In a heartbeat. No proprietary memory cards, L2R2 and support of current ps4 game library.

It's up to AMD to deliver the technology capable of doing it, which I still don't believe it's possible.

I really like my PS Vita, but if Sony want me to invest in a new handheld they'll need to make some changes and additions.

1. Cheaper memory cards
2. Android OS. Or Google Play
3. full PS1, PSP, PS Vita compatibility

Yes, you can get some of those features on a phone, but you can't play Freedom Wars on one.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

If they could make a portable 720p PS4 i'd be interested in the tech behind it (in large part because i don't know how they'd even do that lol), but my desire to buy one would be minimal. The PSP was great in its time, and the Vita has a lot to offer to fans of Japanese games, but my desire to play on handhelds has gradually dropped over the last 5 years. In the exceptionally rare instance i want to play games on the go, i'm fine just playing Hearthstone or an FF remaster on a device i'll already have with me anyway.

As with the Switch i'd buy one eventually if it built up enough exclusive content i want, but it'd be a begrudging purchase.

Around the Network

Of course not. Sony, just like Nintendo now support only one platform. Its better - for both company and gamers- to support one succesfull platform than to deal with 2 bad platforms.

When we talk about consoles, there is nothing with trust, Wii didnt sold great after failed GC because trust, Wii U didnt failed because trust after big sales of Wii, now Switch is not selling great because trust and failed Wii U its selling beacuse its appealing console.
Its point about how much apeling new console is, not how much succfule last console was.

Saying that, I dont Sony will release PSP2 or Vita 2 because one of reasons why Sony abandoned Vita on 1st place is to be completely focused on PS4. But maybe we could see in few years something like Switch, maybe portable PS4.

Bandorr said:
Absolutely, the vita is still getting a lot of games. Uncharted was a disaster on the vita. I rather get third party games than first party ones.

I bought another 3 games this week on it. 2 were brand new. How do you feel Uncharted was a disaster? I freakin' loved it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I certainly wouldn't trust any Sony who actually makes a new handheld.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I mean people still trust nintendo after the Wii U, so why not....Vita was bigger than the wii u at least....and still has games coming out all year for it 😶 not like the vita is completely stranded. Not sure why people don't treat Nintendo the same way. 

Preston Scott