By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is going to bring the house DOWN at e3, Best e3 ever conference incoming? Topping last 2 years? Shinnobi tweets!

Doubt it. They have LOTS of already announced games with little to no info. We will mostly see trailers about those. By names, it will be pretty good, but announcements/surprises won't be that many.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

I think this E3 Sony has to make sure they do well considering they have to top MS and Scorpio and Nintendo with Switch.

I think they will start off with a big new game, go onto giving release dates for games they have already announced, show another big game, show Indies, big remake, VR, close off with another big game.

What if they open with The Getaway?!

E3 is obsolete with everyone online and able to get the news themselves. I am surprised it hasn't died yet, considering companies have bigger marketing opportunities available to them for significantly less time/money cost and effort.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

They got a lot of hyped projects: KH3, GoW, FFVIIR, Uncharted Lost Legacy, The Last of Us, Death Stranding, days gone, shenmue 3. detroit, spiderman and GT sport. I can't imagine every single one of those will have some gameplay ready to go but updates on it would be great. They gotta announce some killer titles (GT Sport, GoW and spiderman, 2 out of these 3 would be great)

Toss in some surprises, maybe the next sucker punch game or something of the sort, and they can certainly win it all

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

OK after 2 amazing E3 press conferences one after the other i doubt they will be able to live up to them with a 3rd one on the same level...

But then again i expected E3 2015 to not deliver much because E3 2014 was relatively underwhelming and boy was i incredibly wrong, and then i expected for them to never live up to E3 2015 because it was just TOO GOOD and well... they did... they didnt announce any Megatons on E3 2016 but the incredible presentation, and constant announcement of big exclusive after big exclusive, including new IPs and Old IPs competely made up for the lack of Megaton announcements.

Also worth to be noted the GoW E3 2016 trailer got more views than the trailer for the biggest Megaton ever FF7R which is even a year older, GoW may not be a series that is dear to me but it clearly gathers a LOT of attention.

Around the Network

Nothing about last years did anything for me and outside of Shenmue III I don't remember anything from 2015. I have yet to see anyone top SEGA 1999. Last E3 I found memorable was Nintendo 2014. I don't expect much from Sony outside of the typical AAA multiplats and gritty games. I love my PS4 but almost none of the games I have for it were on their stage.

Things i want to see and are reasonable:

Spiderman trailer with the announcement of the actual name of the game

FFVII Remake trailer without a release date (sadly)

TLOU Part 2 trailer with some gameplay (or maybe a full demo)

GOW Trailer with a more detailed look at the game

Knack 2 (why the fuck we made another one) trailer

And thats about it... everything else i could list is stuff that would go under my wish list...

Basically I think they'll show a ton of new stuff on existing games, announce a few new things big and small and show off some third party/indie stuff.

I don't get hyped for these things anymore in advance because it just makes the wait longer but I'll probably be blown away yet again when I see it. I just hope I can watch it live.

GribbleGrunger said:

Is this real?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

SegataSanshiro said:
Nothing about last years did anything for me and outside of Shenmue III I don't remember anything from 2015. I have yet to see anyone top SEGA 1999. Last E3 I found memorable was Nintendo 2014. I don't expect much from Sony outside of the typical AAA multiplats and gritty games. I love my PS4 but almost none of the games I have for it were on their stage.

Thats the beuty of the system for me, the variety of games is just pretty huge... i also have a lot of games i love that didnt appear and will never appear in a Sony E3 Conference, just this year 4 out of my 5 most wanted games didnt appear on any of Sonys E3s

Nier Automata

Nioh

Tales of Berseria

Persona 5

And then there is a lot of other ones this year as well that im buying too that didnt appear on E3 either like Yakuza 0. Yakuza Kiwami, Tokyo Xanadu, Fate Extella, Gravity Rush 2, Gundam Versus, Digimon World Next Order etc.