By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 10th - 16th April 2017

Crazy Nintendo has like 73% market share in japan. I don't we saw such domination since like 2007. This really crazy. Oh and the switch went up and the others went down? That's even crazier.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
KLXVER said:
Why is the 3DS still going strong?

It just had a meaningful Monster Hunter game release on it.

Fair enough.

RolStoppable said:
Louie said:

"The first week the Switch drops below 20k" would've been the right answer :p

That's not how I understood the question. For me it was about when it would be acceptable to call good Switch sales legit instead of having them written off as "Wii U/3DS had a good launch too".

That is the question I was asking, yes.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

switch is selling really great

Switch & Zelda 😎

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Nier: Automata 300k and Horizon: Zero Dawn 200k!!! Great achievements!!!

I hoped that PS4 wouldn't drop <20k for the whole year. It looks very hard but I still can see this happening!

Wonder if next week Legend of Zelda physical copies will pass 500,000 or will be the week after.

Soundwave said:
palou said:

HD development of large games is expensive, might be not worth it.

Taking a 3DS game and ramping it up in resolution I doubt is all that expensive. The Wii U had a HD MH up-port for its launch. 

In general I think the Japanese dev community fucked up by not taking the Switch seriously. They're going to miss a big window now where they could have cashed in with a lack of games to compete against. They're all probably scrambling now to get more content for the system, but it's probably going to take them 6-12 months to get their shit together. 

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was a quickly remastered Wii game, not an upscaled 3DS game.  That's a massive difference in starting quality.  Bringing Monster Hunter XX over with the same level of detail would have been far more work and take more time.  Also, would not be surprised if the Switch's Monster Hunter is currently planned to be Monster Hunter 5.  XX is an inbetween game, not the full blown next big entry.  It could be it was planned from the start as a game to capitalize on the 3DS's twilight year while saving the bigger release for the Switch.

Zelda Wii U will be the last Wii U game on the chart, wonder how long it can last for

Switch is doing well, and nice to see the 3DS doing good as well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Acevil said:
Wonder if next week Legend of Zelda physical copies will pass 500,000 or will be the week after.

Itll do it at the very least on mk8d release week. A better question reguarding zelda is can we see it do a jump come that week? (Like over 30/40k? Or possibly more)