By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 10th - 16th April 2017

RolStoppable said:
Louie said:

"The first week the Switch drops below 20k" would've been the right answer :p

That's not how I understood the question. For me it was about when it would be acceptable to call good Switch sales legit instead of having them written off as "Wii U/3DS had a good launch too".

Yeah and I was implying that date would get pushed further and further back as long as Switch sales stay high. Was just kidding, though. 

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Shadow1980 said:

Don't sales usually go up on Golden Week?

Well Golden week sales data are in two weeks so the sales we get next week could be affected by Golden week (or is what I expect). if so we can expect 25K switch 15k PS4 (with PRo) and people calling doom while the week after we have normally great sales.

You're erong. This week (the one of the thread) is the bottom week, because there were no new releases (<5k don't count). Next week we have Fire Emblem, Dark Souls III, Famista... in other words, new releases. Sales will go up, it's simple logic. 

I don't know about the Switch because it depends on shipments.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Shadow1980 said:

Switch compared to 3DS, Wii U, & PS4's first 13 weeks:

That trajectory on the Switch though. I'd like to see the wii added to this since it was also severly supply contrained. Right now the Switch is definitively still selling out as soon as shipments come in. I hope we get an actual big Shipment for MK8D though.

Soundwave said:

Japan = Switch country.

Look it's already spanking the PS4 there like nobody's business.

Square-Enix is making a mistake by not having DQXI for Switch with the other two versions, especially this summer with Splatoon 2 coming. 

Was there any doubt that the 3DS successor would outsell the PS4? The question is - will it outsell the 3DS or, truly, the 3DS + WiiU.

Lawlight said:
Soundwave said:

Japan = Switch country.

Look it's already spanking the PS4 there like nobody's business.

Square-Enix is making a mistake by not having DQXI for Switch with the other two versions, especially this summer with Splatoon 2 coming. 

Was there any doubt that the 3DS successor would outsell the PS4? The question is - will it outsell the 3DS or, truly, the 3DS + WiiU.

This logic is wrong on many levels. First off its the wiiu successor before anything (even if you count it as a HH).

2nd it doesnt need to outsell wiiu/3ds together. People need to get this out of their heads seriously. There is more to it than this

Edit: god damn i just fell into a bottomless pit xD

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

This logic is wrong on many levels. First off its the wiiu successor before anything (even if you count it as a HH).

2nd it doesnt need to outsell wiiu/3ds together. People need to get this out of their heads seriously. There is more to it than this

Wrong, it is the 3DS successor - Nintendo won't be releasing another handheld.

It's combining Nintendo's handheld and console - why would it not need to sell as much as the 3DS + WiiU?

Because many Wii U owners also have a 3DS.

p0isonparadise said:

Worst case scenario should be at least equal to the 3DS but that would mean that Nintendo's market has decreased even more.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Wrong, it is the 3DS successor - Nintendo won't be releasing another handheld.

It's combining Nintendo's handheld and console - why would it not need to sell as much as the 3DS + WiiU?

Your reasoning for it being a 3ds successor is because wont be releasing another HH? That reasoning contradicts itself you know right because in that case you can say the same for home console. WiiU support is done, 3ds is still going. Its priced more as a HC, games are more of that of a HC. I mean so many things poiny to it more.

And mainly it doesnt have to sell both combine to be successful. And it doesnt need to sell combine because its HC/HH. Thats not how it works. Its obvious your making the hardest goalpost, youve done it multiple times in the past

Lawlight said:
p0isonparadise said:

Worst case scenario should be at least equal to the 3DS but that would mean that Nintendo's market has decreased even more.

Since you want to go that route itll have 100% of marketshare right?

And it doesnt need to match 3ds numbers. Especially when 3ds has multiple skus (5)