By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2017 NPD Thread! Software charts up!

Horizon sold really good. Over 1m I'd great.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Sold like crap wtf? Keep.being delusional. 

Zelda sold like  crap for  such a big classic  franchise. 

Also ww horizon  destroyed  zelda.

Combined, BotW now leads retail sales.

BotW (NS + Wii U) - 2,384,744
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 2,355,897

Yes...and with digital?

Only thing  we know horizon  sold  2.6 in 2 weeks.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Qwark said:
Horizon really sold like crap in USA, a bit like Uncharted 4 which also had a major lead in Europe until holiday bundles. Let's hope this one follows the same course.

Such a hard thing reading isn't it. I said in the USA hell I even wrote it in caps. But yes if a game sells 2.6 million units in two weeks and only 600k come from USA. To me it sold like crap I'm USA. Luckily it sold great in Europe but USA is kind a meh.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Didn't the first day of horizons sales go into February's npd?

Qwark said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Such a hard thing reading isn't it. I said in the USA hell I even wrote it in caps. But yes if a game sells 2.6 million units in two weeks and only 600k come from USA. To me it sold like crap I'm USA. Luckily it sold great in Europe but USA is kind a meh.

So over 1 million in 1 month is crap? How does that even make sense? An unproven new IP selling over 1million in its first month alone is now crap....what kind of sales were you expecting then for it not to be crap is my question now?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
SpokenTruth said:

Combined, BotW now leads retail sales.

BotW (NS + Wii U) - 2,384,744
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 2,355,897

Yes...and with digital?

i dont think destroy means what you think it means

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

So Horizon over a million including digital, very nice

some people on gaf seem to be ignoring the digital and focusing on the ~650k physical number, and some questioning whether Sony lied about the 2.6m in two weeks figure

this game is making people salty as fuck

Horizon!wow!

SpokenTruth said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Yes...and with digital?

None of us know how much either game did digitally.  All we have are what we have. 

Yep and as far as retail goes BoTW is definitely ahead. But in my personal opinion with digital I can see HZD being ahead of BoTW even though in the end I feel BoTW will sell more. BUT as of now seeing as digital is MUCH(one would think anyway) bigger on PS4 than Switch or Wii U then that gives a slight edge to HZD for now....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Qwark said:

So over 1 million in 1 month is crap? How does that even make sense? An unproven new IP selling over 1million in its first month alone is now crap....what kind of sales were you expecting then for it not to be crap is my question now?

Well I would have expected US to be higher than 1 million at the end of the month. Considering the game sold 2.6 millions in 2 weeks and is probably very close or even a bit over 3 million at the first of April. So compared to European numbers which are probably over 1.5 milion including digital as April the first. Besides this gsme had a shit ton of marketing, so it was pretty much bound to do well.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar