By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2017 NPD Thread! Software charts up!

BotW - 1.385 mil (Fastest selling Nintendo launch game and Zelda title)
Switch - 925k (900k retail, 25k digital)
Wii U - 460k
HZD > 1 million ( >646k physical)
1-2 Switch - ~172k HZD did really great!

Around the Network

Crazy that a SP focus game has a 40% digital sales.

SpokenTruth said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Yes...and with digital?

Only thing  we know horizon  sold  2.6 in 2 weeks.

None of us know how much either game did digitally.  All we have are what we have. 

Yes we know, the fact that you refuse to aknowledge it is another part of the story.

OT : HZD <3!

Qwark said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

So over 1 million in 1 month is crap? How does that even make sense? An unproven new IP selling over 1million in its first month alone is now crap....what kind of sales were you expecting then for it not to be crap is my question now?

Well I would have expected US to be higher than 1 million at the end of the month. Considering the game sold 2.6 millions in 2 weeks and is probably very close or even a bit over 3 million at the first of April. So compared to European numbers which are probably over 1.5 milion including digital as April the first. Besides this gsme had a shit ton of marketing, so it was pretty much bound to do well.

That is odd though first week alone it our performed lots of big games Like RE7, TC: Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor on PS4 alone and almsot better than combined for both platforms. It did a little over 100k less than FFXV did on PS4 alone first week. For a brand new IP marketed or not that s pretty darn impressive. And no marketing does not mean that a game is bound to do well at all lol. So we just diagree here I guess. Over 1 million for the first month on a brand new IP is pretty darn good in my book.

SpokenTruth said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Yep and as far as retail goes BoTW is definitely ahead. But in my personal opinion with digital I can see HZD being ahead of BoTW even though in the end I feel BoTW will sell more. BUT as of now seeing as digital is MUCH(one would think anyway) bigger on PS4 than Switch or Wii U then that gives a slight edge to HZD for now....

Cannot disagree with this analysis.

That's because you are very logical and make good points lol!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

jason1637 said:

Well there were some early supply issues.  Also, installs are mandatory on PS4, robs physical copies of some of their utilitarian value.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
jason1637 said:

Well there were some early supply issues.  Also, installs are mandatory on PS4, robs physical copies of some of their utilitarian value.

Well many games have required installs since late last gen. I didn't know there were supply problems but that make sense. Still really good sales overall though. 

Nuvendil said:
jason1637 said:

Plus digital percentage is quickly rising. I wouldn't be surprised if the average digital game sale percentage is sitting at around 30% on PS4 Xbox. It's also the cause of many people to jump the gun and claim a game to failure when physical sales data is released. People just can't understand that they can't compare physical sales to previous years on a 1:1 comparison. 

That said I think Nintendo digital game sales are a lot lot lower than on Xbox One and Playstation. 

pitzy272 said:
Didn't the first day of horizons sales go into February's npd?

March NPD started on the last week of February and first week of March, and Horizon released on the 28th of February.

TheBlackNaruto said:
SpokenTruth said:

None of us know how much either game did digitally.  All we have are what we have. 

Yep and as far as retail goes BoTW is definitely ahead. But in my personal opinion with digital I can see HZD being ahead of BoTW even though in the end I feel BoTW will sell more. BUT as of now seeing as digital is MUCH(one would think anyway) bigger on PS4 than Switch or Wii U then that gives a slight edge to HZD for now....

Yeah, BotW sold really low on Switch digitally (like 3%, which is below average even for Nintendo). Probably because of the tiny storage the Switch has.

All things considered, it's pretty impressive how closely BotW and HZD are selling.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

TheBlackNaruto said:
SpokenTruth said:

what? so you think HZD sold nearly 800k digital copies on US alone? that's insane lol, cause to beat BotW it would need to be over 1.4 million units, if Horizon sold around 640k physically it needs 760k digital units to be in a draw with zelda and over 800k to surpass it.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

celador said:
So Horizon over a million including digital, very nice

some people on gaf seem to be ignoring the digital and focusing on the ~650k physical number, and some questioning whether Sony lied about the 2.6m in two weeks figure

this game is making people salty as fuck

Not salty we want answers lol.

At least this tells us digital is high. And europe > NoA