By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2017 NPD Thread! Software charts up!

OsafuneKatana said:
Horizon Zero Dawn sold over 1 MILLION in March NPD ( physical + digital).
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234377257

Damn right!  Over 40% digital!

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
OsafuneKatana said:
Horizon Zero Dawn sold over 1 MILLION in March NPD ( physical + digital).
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234377257

That's not good news at all for GameStop!

Fantastic numbers for Sitch,zelda, horizon and .. nier :D

xl-klaudkil said:
Qwark said:
Horizon really sold like crap in USA, a bit like Uncharted 4 which also had a major lead in Europe until holiday bundles. Let's hope this one follows the same course.

Sold like crap wtf? Keep.being delusional. 

Zelda sold like  crap for  such a big classic  franchise. 

Also ww horizon  destroyed  zelda.

Are you sure? (although I agree that Horizon didn't sold like crap at all, it's doing great numbers)

Zelda has sold better in the US and Japan, and we don't have hard numbers for Europe, although we know that it has sold better in some countries (Spain and Germany, at least) and worse in others (UK)... Anyway, even if WW sales are better, Zelda seems to show better legs and its sales will grow with Switch, so "destroying" seems very hyperbolic.

VGPolyglot said:
Blood_Tears said:

AFAIR Horizon was sold out as well. I remember reading on the Amazon thread that Horizon has supply issues and was not available for some days.  

It's possible that Sony hugely underestimated the demand and yeah I agree Digital is starting to grow. It's convenient. Although I still prefer the Physical release with my favorite games for collection purposes. 

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
VGPolyglot said:

AFAIR Horizon was sold out as well. I remember reading on the Amazon thread that Horizon has supply issues and was not available for some days.  

It's possible that Sony hugely underestimated the demand and yeah I agree Digital is starting to grow. It's convenient. Although I still prefer the Physical release with my favorite games for collection purposes. 

I don't buy digitally myself, but that's the trend and there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just going to have to get used to playing older games once we go digital-only. 

Sony had a good month, two games in the top five, one a sports game. Horizon over a million and MLB with digital probably close to it.

Green098 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Sold like crap wtf? Keep.being delusional. 

Zelda sold like  crap for  such a big classic  franchise. 

Also ww horizon  destroyed  zelda.

It literally sold more than the hardware to play it on ...How much more can it do?

Btw I'm not agreeing that Horizon sold badly because (obviously) thats not the case, but when you fight fire with fire you end up looking just as delusional.

Hmm you got  a point  there...i take it back then.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

twilight princess HD number 2 on WIi U?

Switch!!!

Damn nice numbers for Zelda, Horizon (insider at Neogaf pegged HZD's sales as 1m + including digital), pleasantly surprised by Andromeda's good numbers. Not surprised by Wildlands, but it's such a mediocre shooter that it's a bit disappointing to see it at the top.