By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2017 NPD Thread! Software charts up!

Jranation said:
Zelda beat Horizon?

Horizon is appearently over tracked in US and undertracked in Europe since it sold 2.6 million units in two weeks according to Sony, which I consider the most reliable source for Sony games. But yes Horizon really sold like crap in US even below wildlands on the single format charts.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Jranation said:
Zelda beat Horizon?

Horizon is appearently over tracked in US and undertracked in Europe since it sold 2.6 million units in two weeks according to Sony, which I consider the most reliable source for Sony games. But yes Horizon really sold like crap in US even below wildlands on the single format charts.

I wouldn't say they undertracked/overtracked Horizon. According to VGC, it sold 2.2m in the first 2 weeks (and Sony 2.6). So if we include digital, which is at least 15~20% for a title like this, we'll have something around 2.6m after all. I think they're are almost spot on.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Qwark said:

I wouldn't say they undertracked/overtracked Horizon. According to VGC, it sold 2.2m in the first 2 weeks (and Sony 2.6). So if we include digital, which is at least 15~20% for a title like this, we'll have something around 2.6m after all. I think they're are almost spot on.

I don't think he questioned the overall global tracking but the regional split. We don't get many official numbers from europe after all

Qwark said:
Horizon really sold like crap in USA, a bit like Uncharted 4 which also had a major lead in Europe until holiday bundles. Let's hope this one follows the same course.

Sold like crap wtf? Keep.being delusional. 

Zelda sold like  crap for  such a big classic  franchise. 

Also ww horizon  destroyed  zelda.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Qwark said:
Horizon really sold like crap in USA, a bit like Uncharted 4 which also had a major lead in Europe until holiday bundles. Let's hope this one follows the same course.

Your statements are equally delusional buddy.  First off, this is among the fastest selling Zeldas ever, so no it did not sell like crap.  Second, Horizon beat it in terms of like the first few weeks  launch aligned, but it didn't destroy it.  Third, the sales of Zelda by all indications have remained higher than Horizon as time has passed meaning Zelda is looking to pass it over time.  It's almost as if the version promoted in every ad and declared the definitive version by every critic is tied to a launch console whose sales limit the possible first month sales of the game while Horizon launched on a system with over 50mil users.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
zorg1000 said:

how? do they just take the average of all the predictions?

How it works is that GAF opens an NPD prediction thread and people guess how many units each platform sold that month. A few weeks later, the OP will release the rankings based on how close people's predictions are to the real thing. This was how we got a general idea of how much the PS4 and XB1 sold in February NPD.

Did they do that yet for this month?

Nuvendil said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Your statements are equally delusional buddy.  First off, this is among the fastest selling Zeldas ever, so no it did not sell like crap.  Second, Horizon beat it in terms of like the first few weeks  launch aligned, but it didn't destroy it.  Third, the sales of Zelda by all indications have remained higher than Horizon as time has passed meaning Zelda is looking to pass it over time.  It's almost as if the version promoted in every ad and declared the definitive version by every critic is tied to a launch console whose sales limit the possible first month sales of the game while Horizon launched on a system with over 50mil users.

Wiiu 13 mill did each and every owner bought zelda? Nope...

As times flies more ps4 owners will be picking  the game up and because  of that 55+ mill  lead there is a much bigger  chance horizon  will come on top.

Second vgc software  tracking is garbage  at best.

2.6+mill in 2 weeks is nothing  short of absolutely  amazing  for a new unproven ip by a developer  who made " okej ish" shooters.

The third and the most logical one...

Switch has1 good game.

Ps4 had a tsunami of them,and  many of them sold 1mill+ 

If you have 55+ mill user and   what 12-16 games coming  for that system  in a short amount  of time  noo shit sherlock people  will choice games over another. 

With switch there  is only one good choice. 

Lets all pray that will change  soon.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Horizon Zero Dawn sold over 1 MILLION in March NPD ( physical + digital).
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234377257

Btw, for those saying Horizon sold like crap. Harker on gaf confirmed that it's over 1 million including digital. That's over a 40% digital share.

xl-klaudkil said:
Qwark said:

It literally sold more than the hardware to play it on ...How much more can it do?

Btw I'm not agreeing that Horizon sold badly because (obviously) thats not the case, but when you fight fire with fire you end up looking just as delusional.