By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2017 NPD Thread! Software charts up!

barneystinson69 said:
Shadow1980 said:
I miss getting PS4 & XBO hardware numbers.

RIP Aqua

and Cream

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

I mean we kinda get an idea when GAF's prediction rankings are put up... kinda...

Aura7541 said:
Shadow1980 said:

I mean we kinda get an idea when GAF's prediction rankings are put up... kinda...

how? do they just take the average of all the predictions?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Brilliant MS PR once again. even they seem to be almost getting into the globally in the USA meme with the 1.1 billion hours.

Very nice start for Switch.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

zorg1000 said:
barneystinson69 said:

RIP Aqua

and Cream

What happened to cream? :( 

Same thing as aqua? 

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
zorg1000 said:

and Cream

What happened to cream? :( 

Same thing as aqua? 

nobody knows

zorg1000 said:
Aura7541 said:

The closest prediction to the actual numbers.

zorg1000 said:
Aura7541 said:

How it works is that GAF opens an NPD prediction thread and people guess how many units each platform sold that month. A few weeks later, the OP will release the rankings based on how close people's predictions are to the real thing. This was how we got a general idea of how much the PS4 and XB1 sold in February NPD.

Aura7541 said:
zorg1000 said:

How it works is that GAF opens an NPD prediction thread and people guess how many units each platform sold that month. A few weeks later, the OP will release the rankings based on how close people's predictions are to the real thing. This was how we got a general idea of how much the PS4 and XB1 sold in February NPD.

jason1637 said:
zorg1000 said:

The closest prediction to the actual numbers.

but how do they know who wins when we dont get actual numbers?

Horizon really sold like crap in USA, a bit like Uncharted 4 which also had a major lead in Europe until holiday bundles. Let's hope this one follows the same course.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar