By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch selling life time? (poll)

PAOerfulone said:
I originally predicted 80-100 million, but if this keeps up, I may have to raise the floor and ceiling of that prediction.

Welp, here I go:

110-130 million.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
SpokenTruth said:

I don't think we'll need to wait that long to prove that projection will be invalid.

Well, beginning of 2018 Nintendo will hit by Ransomware which deletes all code, also most workers are hit by a strong version of the flu. Nintendo does not recover and has to close gates three months later. In that scenario he still could end up right.

So, the Ransonware didn't happened, neither Nintendo closing doors, but about that flu...

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Barkley said:

Too early to predict. 30-70 Million.

Your 100 million prediction is very unlikely, the Switch isn't going to be on the same level as the PS4.

This is why one doesn't predict, unless you're a man, like T-bone. 

Also, where is the poll? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Barkley said:

Too early to predict. 30-70 Million.

Your 100 million prediction is very unlikely, the Switch isn't going to be on the same level as the PS4.

This is why one doesn't predict, unless you're a man, like T-bone. 

Also, where is the poll? 

LOL!  He gave himself a huge range where the max is more than twice the min.  In spite of that he was still nowhere close. This is a great find.  At least he was right about Switch and PS4 not being on the same level.

I don't have time to look through this thread now, but I bet there are some great posts in here.

F.Scofield said:

if nintendo play the right cards it can easily surpass ps4.

He knew!

Around the Network

it's a funny tread.

Random_Matt said:

40-50m

These 100m predictions!! Lay of the shrooms

Sprash said:

people predicting 100 million and some even suggesting it can surpass the ps4? well going to be a fun thread in a few years

curl-6 said:
Random_Matt said:

40-50m

These 100m predictions!! Lay of the shrooms

Sprash said:

people predicting 100 million and some even suggesting it can surpass the ps4? well going to be a fun thread in a few years

Well, the second one was spot-on. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

On the other thread I first said 60mil....... Nintendo really proved sooooooo many people wrong thats for sure.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Are Nintendo fans really this insecure about the success of the Switch? I mean I get for the first couple of years it's great to go back and look at how wrong people were about the system. Sony guys did the same with the PS4, as many predicted it wouldn't hit 100M and would be a failure since the Wii's successor failed so miserably. But, it gets old quick, even when you're on the winning team. We're 4 years in and it feels like every couple of months we're still necroing threads.