By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I will be playing Zelda BotW on Wii U

I would be in the same camp if it wasn't for Snipperclips,
and specially since MediaMarkt has broken street date here... I could be playing it right now!

But I have to wait for it till next weekend :/

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Same. Didn't pre-order though and now Amazon isn't accepting anymore orders.... hopefully they will. Or hope they at least have more in stock within a week or so, so that I can get the Prime discount.

Breath of the Wild was promised to me since 2014 as a Wii U game, and that's how I'll be playing it.

Besides, I'm not sold on the Switch yet, so there's no reason for me to get a new system to play that version when I can just play it on the console I already own.

Hynad said:

I hope the Wii U version isn't riddled with performance issues. From what we've seen so far, it seems like it will be fine. But I wish some previews would be more specific about that version. All we hear about is the Switch version, which is understandable since it's for a hot new console and all that. But for those who couldn't secure one for launch and had to pick the Wii U version, we deserve to know these details as much as those who will play the Switch version.

Yeah the lack of coverage on the Wii U version is very annoying. I want to know what I'm getting in terms of performance. Even the usually reliable Digital Foundry hasn't got a comparison up yet.

Your not alone bro.
Waiting until atleast new mario comes out for it, maybe longer.
I wanna see if theres any hardware issues, how software support it ect first.

Same here.

Can't justify a Switch. I'll buy the Switch version if I ever get the console though. Hell, I'll get the Switch version at some point even if I never get a Switch at all just for collection purposes!

Around the Network

Same here, already pre-ordered it!

Smart people in here. They recognize alternatives. EIther way you cannot lose with this game.

Couldn't preoder a Switch either, but I sold my Wii U, so I'm going all in, even if I gotta wait an extra few weeks.. I'm not a Zelda fanatic or anything and frankly I don't care that much about spoilers either. I don't think I'd want to play the game on Wii U though even if I still could. If only for the slightly better graphics and the fact that I can play it portable around the house without having to be like 15 feet away from my console. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Good ! some more last Wii U support!!!

Switch!!!

I may get it on Wii U also! Argh!

Might also need the disc for PC emulation.