By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I will be playing Zelda BotW on Wii U

I will be too, don't have that type of money for a Switch right now

Around the Network

I can't afford a Switch right now, so I am getting Zelda for Wii U.

Not sure if it'll be the last time I use my Wii U, I still have the vast majority of Tokyo Mirage Sessions to get through.

DroidKnight said:

I was not able to secure a preorder for the Switch and I sure as heck don't want spoilers to ruin it for me.  I have no choice but to experience this title on the Wii U.  I will most likely double dip, as I do with some titles as soon as the opportunity arises.  Congrats to ya'll Switch preadopters (lucky ducks), and please don't rub it in.

Don't be ashamed. Fiscal responsibility is a great thing to have.

Besides, when you get the swtich (hopefully this holiday) then you can just get Breath of the Wild again as you said you probably will along with the Expansion and on your second play, play on hard mode.

On boat too, i have pre-order WiiU version.

I still don't like Switch, so I'll buy it for Wii U as soon as it is available again on Amazon.

Around the Network
slab_of_bacon said:
I'm getting it on the Wii U too. I look forward to the gamepad capabilities also. I think the Switch will sell very well and most people will get it for that system.

It won't have any originally planned gamepad features, due do them porting the game to the Switch. They wanted to keep the experience same, so all it'll do is stream it to the gamepad.

SmileyAja said:
slab_of_bacon said:
I'm getting it on the Wii U too. I look forward to the gamepad capabilities also. I think the Switch will sell very well and most people will get it for that system.

It won't have any originally planned gamepad features, due do them porting the game to the Switch. They wanted to keep the experience same, so all it'll do is stream it to the gamepad.

Nah, it wasn't totally due to poting to Switch.

They said it was also distracting using the features they had implimented.

I'm guessing it was mainly inventory management. I have heard that the Switch inventory is not the greatest. Like you know playing a game on PC that was built for consoles. Always need a mod to made inventory better. Guessing the inventory was better manageable on Gamepad as you don't need to scroll through items and could quickly touch screen tap on Wii U gamepad.

But as some previewers have said, you will spend a lot of time in the inventory. Seeing as the gamepad, while amazing inventoy use in other Zelda games, will be used a ton you will spend a lot of time looking DOWN and not at the TV. That can get disorienting and annoyign to do repeatedly.

I'm getting the Switch version but I really am going to miss the Gamepad functionality. After WW, LBW, and TP did everything so well, I figured I'd never go back to single screen. Oh well. Enjoy!

SmileyAja said:
slab_of_bacon said:

Seriously? Well then. I'm not jealous anymore! Sucks, though. I was considering double dipping but now I guess I won't have to.

Me, too! I can't afford to get a Switch anytime soon.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---