By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I will be playing Zelda BotW on Wii U

curl-6 said:
Meh, I have waited over 5 years for this fucking game, I'm not buying a $470 new system for it just because the U version has performance dips.

I'm usually a big proponent of framerate stability, and indeed it is very important in games that require lightning fast responses and a high degree of precision; I certainly wouldn't want to play F-Zero GX or Splatoon at 30fps for example.

On the flipside though, I have been able to enjoy many games with less than ideal framerates; Banjo Kazooie, Starfox SNES, Goldeneye Wii, Bioshock Infinite, Sonic Racing Transformed...

If a bit of slowdown means I get to play the game on the console I already own, that's a trade-off I can accept.

Don't worry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yFON2UON3k

Around the Network

im not getting  a switch for years and years so im playing it on wii U.

THE SAD THING THE WII U LAGS during some fights on BotW.  I can't believe its so weak.

Yesterday my daughter was playing it whole evening on a WiiU. I think that this version is great, don't see any serious technical flaws.
Also cudos to Nintendo for translating Zelda to Russian! We was waiting for it the eternity! ))

I am already playing it on WII U, Till the price returns to normal and I can pick up my switch, I will buy it again on switch though, I think this is one of the best games ever

Same for me. Arriving on Monday. Anyway, can we use the WiiU pro controller on BOTW? Can someone confirm?

Around the Network
gabzjmm23 said:
Same for me. Arriving on Monday. Anyway, can we use the WiiU pro controller on BOTW? Can someone confirm?

On the box it says yes. 

gabzjmm23 said:

I'm playing mostly with the Pro Controller and controls are great.

There are puzzles that require motion sensors, so you have to use the Gamepad for those. Other than that, everything's playable with just the Pro Controller. 

Sharu said:
gabzjmm23 said:

On the box it says yes. 

Hynad said:
gabzjmm23 said:

I'm playing mostly with the Pro Controller and controls are great.

There are puzzles that require motion sensors, so you have to use the Gamepad for those. Other than that, everything's playable with just the Pro Controller. 

thanks.  sad to know about that motion sensors but still i'll be playing most of the time with the Wii U pro controller.  can't wait for my copy of BOTW, Amazon said they have issues on the shipment of my 'console' lol.  hope they'll mix it up and send me a Switch console with BOTW switch.