By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I will be playing Zelda BotW on Wii U

curl-6 said:
jigokutamago said:
Well it's not like there is zero coverage, just no coverage from official sources. ;P

http://kotaku.com/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gets-pirated-days-b-1792802398

Yeah but that doesn't give us much helpful info on how it runs on Wii U and such. :P

Lower resolution, less sound effects and heavy frame drops. There. The rest is the same.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Aerys said:
I dont think thé résolution makes à Big différence but thé framerate and aliasing do

I was able to cope with aliasing just fine in other 720p Wii U games, I don't see why it would bother me now.

Hynad said:
Aerys said:

Sorry but " graves saccades/ralentissements "and " framerate death " report  is something you can call catastrophic.

And lol, first it was " nowhere they talk about that " and now " they are hyperbolic anyway " , which they are not known for when it Comes to technical issues

No, at first it's: There's nothing to that essence on their site. Which is still the case.
Yet the preview report that is on their site is hyperbolic, even if not to the degree their recent tweets are.

And I don't know where you've been the last few years if you don't yet know their reputiation as "bashers".

I know them, talk to their reviewers sometimes and their réputation of bashers some people give to them is undeserved ( and theyre éven too generous sometimes ( Deus ex MD, BF1 ), they have their opinion but their critics are most of thé Time well written and relevant, always à good reading éven when you disagree, theyre only thé most serious  and interesting french site compared to thé jvc or Gameblog )

Well lets wait for more reviews anyway 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

curl-6 said:
Aerys said:
I dont think thé résolution makes à Big différence but thé framerate and aliasing do

I was able to cope with aliasing just fine in other 720p Wii U games, I don't see why it would bother me now.

I Guess its à question of adaptation, getting used to new games its hard to go back in games with Old gen tech at first

Thats also why ill do Zelda before Horizon 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
curl-6 said:

I Guess its à question of adaptation, getting used to new games its hard to go back in games with Old gen tech at first

I don't own any platform more powerful than Wii U, so that won't be an issue for me. ;)

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Same here. I won't be able to get a switch for several months.

Very smart.

Avoiding the hype is a good idea. I remember being interested in the 3ds but decided to pay no attention to it for quite some time after release. Luckily, waiting paid off- I managed to get a 3DS and 3D land for $200 thanks to the price cut and a special promotion from gamestop

curl-6 said:
Aerys said:

I don't own any platform more powerful than Wii U, so that won't be an issue of me. ;)

I'm used to playing games on the PS4. And when I play Wii U games with my son right after a PS4 session, I don't have any problem with the image quality. 

Yes, I can see the aliasing, but shortly after I start playing, I don't notice them anymore. I expect the same to happen when I'll play Zelda right after playing Horizon Zero Dawn for 3 straight days.

There's no point denying that the Switch version will run better. It will obviously run better. But I very much doubt that Nintendo will release a game with a catastrophic framerate. And I don't think this is fanboysm talking, but as long as I remember that never happened before, so with a main entry of the Zelda franchise, I really can't see that happenning tbh XD. Still, nowadays people are really... "nitpicker" about framerate issues. I remember some comments about the not-stable and awful (literally) framerate on MK8, and in that game is... far from awful XD. The Last Guardian is another example of a game which was "unplayable" for some people, and even if that game was far from ideal, with a lot of framerate issues, it's totally playable and enjoyable imho.

I have seen a guy playing TLOZ: BOTW early on a hacked Wii U, and the game is not, by any means, catastrophic. Obviously, the Switch Version has better output, shading, etc, and is a little more stable than the Wii U, but not by much, from time to time the FPS drop but only on stressful parts for the system and for a little amount of time, but it never felt like a slideshow or anything. And I'm glad honestly, I was worried before because it's the version I'm getting for now, but not anymore. March 3rd feels so close and yet too far right now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se-NEt1rxBc
WiiU vs Switch comparison. For me it looks and plays the same.