By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Hot damn, I need the game right now!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
I bring ye stats:

It's currently at a pure average of 97.34 based on 56 scores, so it's currently being kept at 98 by metacritic's weighting system. I'd say there's a good chance it'll drop to 97, but in the absence of outliers i'd be surprised to see it go any lower than that. With its positive weighting Zelda has quite a bit of wiggle room for 9/10 votes.

So, that is an example of the weighting system changing the Metascore of the game.

BOTW having all these amazing reviews......I NEED THIS GAME!

:D

Warned ~ CGI

FloatingWaffles said:
A fucking 98 metacritic game on DAY ONE of a new console launch. That is fantastic.

does it count that the game is also on the WiiU, announced for the WiiU in 2013 and scheduled to release for the wiiU in  2015 and delayed until 2017?

Guess we can say the same thing about The last of Us and GTA5 also being "launch" titles......

Anywyas, let me not detract from this thread. I have to find a way to play this game.

Around the Network

Wow this is phenomenal

Miyamotoo said:

LOL

DakonBlackblade said:

O what a asurprise a Zelda game is getting stelar reviews, its almost like we knew no matter what it was was gona end on the 95-100 meta range. I mean Skyward Sword that is a OK game at best has a 93, if Breath of the Wild were kinda good it was bound to be this high.

People's predictions says otherwise

Pocky Lover Boy! 

mZuzek said:
Barozi said:

All I'm saying is that, even if it gets a perfect 100, I'm not going to buy a Switch for it because I've played enough Zelda games to know how the gameplay is like.

You do know this game is nothing like any Zelda game before it, right? The gameplay has been completely overhauled, the linear structure has been dumped in favor of a completely open-world experience, the controls have been changed, etc. etc.

If you just don't want to play the game, I can't judge you, even if it makes me feel a bit sorry for you. But saying you know what Zelda gameplay is like, considering this game is completely different from every Zelda game before it in every way, is just dumb.

Don't act like this is the first Zelda that changes some things, it's not. At its core 3D Zelda is still 3D Zelda and that won't change unless they start calling one of their other franchises Zelda just for fun. Also I've seen trailers and noticed enough similarities. I'm also not saying that I wouldn't like it more than other 3D Zeldas. That could very well be, but I don't see myself enjoying it that much that I would consider it as a must play game.
Also don't be sorry, I've got hundreds of games at home left to play. It's not like I could play every single game in the world, even if I wanted.

Miyamotoo said:

Warned ~ CGI

This is actually real childish troll. 

To think ive Been banned for much less just for saying Zelda WiiU has Big framerate issues.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m