By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

VGPolyglot said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The Skyward Sword excuse is getting really ridiculous, so there is one divisive Zelda game that had good scores which means every Zelda with good scores from now on is just OK

Even if it gets a freaking 98 x'D 

The denial is real

Well, it works both ways. I doubt that you'd argue that THPS2 is the second best game of all time, would you?

THPS2 is a 2001 game on Ps1 with 19 reviews froim a complete opposite genre, it may have deserved those scores all things considered (I doubt it would keep that score with 60 reviews like Zelda though), but that is not my point, I'm talking about haw damn ridiculous is to try to dismiss the praise that thisi Zelda has just because one praised Zelda of the past was somehow divisive (many fans adore it, many fans hate it), is a desperate excuse to swallow better the fact that the best game of the gen is from Nintendo and only on Nintendo consoles

Around the Network

Never seen such glowing reviews for a game! Can't wait to get my hands on it! Damn you gaming industry for releasing two masterpieces a few days apart...

Signature goes here!

Good job Nintendo! I can't wait to play!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

FloatingWaffles said:

them. Also lmao @ bolded: "Let me not detract from this thread while I try to quickly downplay it somehow". Come on. 

So me talking about it also being on the wiiU is downplaying?  o....k...

got you.

Goodnightmoon said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, it works both ways. I doubt that you'd argue that THPS2 is the second best game of all time, would you?

THPS2 is a 2001 game with 19 reviews froim an opposite genre, it may have deserved that score then yes, but that is not my point, I'm talking about haw damn dridiculous is to try to dismiss the praise of thsi Zelda just because one praised Zelda of tha past was somehow divisive (many fans adore it, many fans hate it), is a desperate excuse to sswallow better the fact that the best console of the gen is from Nintendo and only on Nintendo.

Well, I'd say that it's way too early to say that the Switch is the best console of the generation, especially when we're only basing it on one game.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The Skyward Sword excuse is getting really ridiculous, so there is one divisive Zelda game that had good scores which means every Zelda with good scores from now on is just OK

Even if it gets a freaking 98 x'D 

The denial is real

This particularly triggers me because I think Skyward Sword is a brilliant game and undisputed best Zelda ever (well that's going to change very soon). It was divisive, that's why it didn't get 95+, but the reason it still got a 93 is because a lot of reviewers could see how great of a game it was.

I agree.  In fact, I consider Skyward Sword to be the best game I've ever played.  I actually expect BOTW to be inferior to it in certain ways, like the story, even though it will almost certainly be better in other ways.

VGPolyglot said:
Goodnightmoon said:

THPS2 is a 2001 game with 19 reviews froim an opposite genre, it may have deserved that score then yes, but that is not my point, I'm talking about haw damn dridiculous is to try to dismiss the praise of thsi Zelda just because one praised Zelda of tha past was somehow divisive (many fans adore it, many fans hate it), is a desperate excuse to sswallow better the fact that the best console of the gen is from Nintendo and only on Nintendo.

Well, I'd say that it's way too early to say that the Switch is the best console of the generation, especially when we're only basing it on one game.

I haven't sleep today sorry, I dont even know what I'm writting, I edited it XD

Miyamotoo said:

:D

Warned ~ CGI

LUL

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Intrinsic said:
FloatingWaffles said:

them. Also lmao @ bolded: "Let me not detract from this thread while I try to quickly downplay it somehow". Come on. 

So me talking about it also being on the wiiU is downplaying?  o....k...

got you.

That's not why I said you were downplaying or what I said, but you can think what you want.

Goodnightmoon said:
VGPolyglot said:

I haven't sleep today sorry, i dont even know what I'm writting, I edited. XD

That's OK. The thing is, I was expecting at least a few low scores, but I'm surprised that there haven't been any yet. I'm not sure if they're just going to come later or if there really aren't going to be any.