By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Haven't finished it yet, but loving it so far. I can see why people wouldn't like it though... defininitely not the best zelda game.

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:
I'd just like to say that while this thread is holding on for dear life, it would be nice if we could get it to 1000 replies 0w0

You could turn it into a DoS alliance thread to attack anyone that didn't give the game a 100, I'm sure that'll give the thread some newfound life.

Wright said:
HylianYoshi said:
I'd just like to say that while this thread is holding on for dear life, it would be nice if we could get it to 1000 replies 0w0

Okay, the easier way to accomplish this is by being controversial, so I'll try to help.

*cough*

Overrated game. It has too many flaws, so it is a wonder how the heck it scored that high. Doesn't deserve more than 84 meta.

Nah man, bring the banned material ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Did you get BotW by the way? I dont remember if you had a Wii U or not...

Edit: oh god, what is wrong with that lenny face

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:

What would constitute as "the banned material"? I could, but not sure if I want to warrant a ban so close to the 1000!

And no, I didn't. I've only played Breath of the Wild for a total of 5 minutes, when a classmate lend me his Switch during a break. Enough time to realize how atrocious the weapon degradation is and how a game centered around that doesn't deserve more than a 71 meta.

Wright said:
Slarvax said:

What would constitute as "the banned material"? I could, but not sure if I want to warrant a ban so close to the 1000!

And no, I didn't. I've only played Breath of the Wild for a total of 5 minutes, when a classmate lend me his Switch during a break. Enough time to realize how atrocious the weapon degradation is and how a game centered around that doesn't deserve more than a 71 meta.

Hmm, 5 minutes? You probably broke like 4 weapons in that time! Honestly, my only problem with the weapons is that you can't customize them at all. You just randomly get them with some buffs. Annoying and doesn't really add anything to the game. Besides that, I didn't have a problem with them breaking (I don't get attached to weapons), specially since they do double damage and it looks pretty good.

Though I agree with your score (the other one). I'd give it an 8 or 8.5

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

How so?

Wright said:
Slarvax said:

How so?

World is unnecesarily huge, framerate issues, sidequests are 90% fetch quests, enemy variety (this one isn't a big deal, but still noticeable), very dissapointing final boss. The first 2 are the the biggest problems to me.

It's really good, and I'd recommend it to everyone, but there are quite a few things to criticize.