By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Hynad said:

The part where you say they may not be major problems for everyone? You're still saying they're problems, just that it may not bother everyone. Like you're saying "If someone doesn't have any issues with these things, they're still problems. Those people are just ok with them." Instead of saying you have a problem with certain aspects of the game and its design. 

Outside of the performance issues, I find no problem with the game. Are you going to say that those problems are still there even if I find none?

So no, I didn't ignore anything. And that last sentence of yours was petty and uncalled for. Looks like you're trying to bait me into something. Quite the example for a mod.

The whole point of a review is that it's someones personal opinion of whatever they're reviewing, they don't have to write that review to Hynad's personal needs or general Nintendo fanatic 101's general needs. The absolute fact that it has numerous reviews at 9/10 or under is proof enough that it isn't a perfect game for everyone and has specific problems. Be it performance issues or peoples general gripes with story, music and voice acting to other problems with general gameplay elements, mediocre and monotonous quests, enemies and the divisive weapon durability.

Like I said earlier, get over it. Several people will have a different opinion to you on a videogame.

Around the Network

I think it may even drop one more point, a 6/10 arrived after Jims review but it didn't affect the score.

think-man said:
I think it may even drop one more point, a 6/10 arrived after Jims review but it didn't affect the score.

Both 6/10 scores are considered in the Metacritic. Is there a third one you are talking about?

sc94597 said:
think-man said:

Both 6/10 scores are considered in the Metacritic. Is there a third one you are talking about?

No not a third but what i meant was the 6/10 came after Jims review but most people are only focusing on his review. 

think-man said:
sc94597 said:

No not a third but what i meant was the 6/10 came after Jims review but most people are only focusing on his review. 

Jesus I'm gasping everytime I see a new review added xD I'd really like it to stay in the top 4 games on Gamerankings at least

Around the Network
think-man said:
sc94597 said:

Because unlike the other review, his has some credibility and following behind it, despite some misinformation and many people are using it as justification "see, reviewers were just scared to give the game a proper score."

Carl2291 said:
Hynad said:

The part where you say they may not be major problems for everyone? You're still saying they're problems, just that it may not bother everyone. Like you're saying "If someone doesn't have any issues with these things, they're still problems. Those people are just ok with them." Instead of saying you have a problem with certain aspects of the game and its design. 

Outside of the performance issues, I find no problem with the game. Are you going to say that those problems are still there even if I find none?

So no, I didn't ignore anything. And that last sentence of yours was petty and uncalled for. Looks like you're trying to bait me into something. Quite the example for a mod.

The whole point of a review is that it's someones personal opinion of whatever they're reviewing, they don't have to write that review to Hynad's personal needs or general Nintendo fanatic 101's general needs. The absolute fact that it has numerous reviews at 9/10 or under is proof enough that it isn't a perfect game for everyone and has specific problems. Be it performance issues or peoples general gripes with story, music and voice acting to other problems with general gameplay elements, mediocre and monotonous quests, enemies and the divisive weapon durability.

Like I said earlier, get over it. Several people will have a different opinion to you on a videogame.

I may just have a problem with the way you word things, but I don't think it's a certainty that the game has problems [from a game design perspective]. And I'm not disputing others will have different opinions. But that's the point: It's a matter of perspective and preference, not of certainty or some absolute fact inherent to the game itself.

By saying it's a certainty that it has specific problems, despite pointing out that others will have different opinions, is kinda shoving it down others throat and telling them they're wrong if they think the game has no specific design problems. Since you brought up the absolute fact that it has numerous reviews in the 9/10 range and under... against the 2/3 of reviewers who gave it a perfect score. Why aren't the vast majority of reviews at 10/10 not proof enough that it doesn't have specific problems? Why does it only count on one side but not on the one that includes the majority?

Do I get a prize?

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Reviews and scores are not measures of flaws. A game can have 0 flaws and still only score an 8 out of 10 because it is less fun than a game with glaring flaws which scored a 9. The scores are a measure of enjoyment, which is why something like Bayonetta can score 9.5s and 10s even though it's short and linear compared to something like Witcher 3. Giving a game a 10 does not mean denying the flaws. It means that the reviewer enjoyed the game so much that the flaws did not get in the way of the experience for them. We can play CinemaSins on Godfather, Citizen Kane, and Casablanca, but it doesn't make the films any less great.

There are a staggering number of people in this thread that have never played BotW but are rooting for it to slide further down the list.

The only positive thing I can see in here (from a comedic standpoint) are that the people defending Jim Sterling's right to review the game how ever he sees fit are also the same people that helped get this going last year: https://goo.gl/aYujL7

These console wars are too much!!!