By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

TheBlackNaruto said:
I just want to point out that saying Zelda: BoTW doesn't do anything new is not bad at all. Everything done in BoTW from what I have read has been done before.....and guess what THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Things may have not been done LIKE in BoTW but they have been done before. BoTW seemingly has molded them together dang near perfectly and is just one of the many reasons it is getting such praise as an amazing game. So my good people don't take when someone says it doesn't do anything new as a hit or a knock. Because heck that's pretty much the same for almost ANY game out there now a day. Doesn't make the game any less great and that 97 is still a freaking AMAZING score!

Indeed. It is more like they took elements from different games and applied to the Zelda formula.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Tmfwang said:
The thread title should be updated, it is now #14 on MC

How about giving the OP some time to change the title instead of asking for it?

The Nier metacritic thread still lists the game as 90%, I don't see you asking for a title change there. 

What's wrong with him asking for it here though? Is it wrong that he said it? Quite a few people have said that Nier is at an 89 now so I am sure it will be changed.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
I just want to point out that saying Zelda: BoTW doesn't do anything new is not bad at all. Everything done in BoTW from what I have read has been done before.....and guess what THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Things may have not been done LIKE in BoTW but they have been done before. BoTW seemingly has molded them together dang near perfectly and is just one of the many reasons it is getting such praise as an amazing game. So my good people don't take when someone says it doesn't do anything new as a hit or a knock. Because heck that's pretty much the same for almost ANY game out there now a day. Doesn't make the game any less great and that 97 is still a freaking AMAZING score!

I don't expect it to keep the 97, but you're absolutely right. Anywhere in the 90s is an amazing score.

Pavolink said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Indeed. It is more like they took elements from different games and applied to the Zelda formula.

Which is awesome in my opinion. I felt the same way with TLOU(another personal favorite of mine) when people said it did nothign new I was like okay and? Is that bad or something lol. But yes they took elelments from otehr games and applied them to Zelda and did an amazing job. I again can not wait to get my Switch!

Carl2291 said:
97 is still a fantastic score and higher than any Zelda game released since Ocarina of Time, during a time where reviewers are generally putting a stop to handing 9's and 10's out to any old average title.

One or two reviewers didn't like it as much as the others? Big deal. No game is perfect for everyone, and Breath of the Wild certainly has problems, even if they may not be major problems to the majority of people who spend time with the title.

I haven't yet found any problem with the game. Not annoyed by anything either, and I've clocked over 120 hours in the game. 

So no, it doesn't "certainly" have problems. What is a problem to you may not be one for someone else.

Unless you're referring to its performance issues. But the current discussion is about the three rather negative reviews, and how they question the game design, not its performance.

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
Pavolink said:

Which is awesome in my opinion. I felt the same way with TLOU(another personal favorite of mine) when people said it did nothign new I was like okay and? Is that bad or something lol. But yes they took elelments from otehr games and applied them to Zelda and did an amazing job. I again can not wait to get my Switch!

I haven't played every open world game, but I've never seen a game quite like Breath of the Wild before. It's so open ended you can even go straight to the boss if you think you're good enough. 

Also the puzzles, especially the Divine Beasts, are really unique. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Hynad said:
Carl2291 said:
97 is still a fantastic score and higher than any Zelda game released since Ocarina of Time, during a time where reviewers are generally putting a stop to handing 9's and 10's out to any old average title.

One or two reviewers didn't like it as much as the others? Big deal. No game is perfect for everyone, and Breath of the Wild certainly has problems, even if they may not be major problems to the majority of people who spend time with the title.

I haven't yet found any problem with the game. Not annoyed by anything either, and I've clocked over 120 hours in the game. 

So no, it doesn't "certainly" have problems. What is a problem to you may not be one for someone else.

Unless you're referring to its performance issues. But the current discussion is about the two rather negative reviews, and how they question the game design, not its performance.

The game stutters every time you kill a moblin, it's pretty annoying and has even killed me once. That's about it for big problems though. Not being able to climb mountains when it rains also annoys me a lot because it rains so much in this game. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I haven't played every open world game, but I've never seen a game quite like Breath of the Wild before. It's so open ended you can even go straight to the boss if you think you're good enough. 

Also the puzzles, especially the Divine Beasts, are really unique. 

Oh yes from what I have seen of the game again it seems to do SO many different things dang near perfectly. Again nothing "new" but just done in a different way and a way that fits Zelda and makes this game flow so beautifully. And that's what makes it a masterpiece. Doing something new is irrelevant IMO as long as what it does do.....it does so freaking well. Well deserved score for a very well made game. But seeing as I just bought Nier, Nioh AND Horizon on PS4 AND paid off my copy of Tekken 7 I didn't have money for a Switch and BoTW lol. So I will just wait until the Holidays and hopefully get it at a lower price with a game or two bundled in and also get BoTW then as well.

Alkibiádēs said:
Tmfwang said:

How about giving the OP some time to change the title instead of asking for it?

The Nier metacritic thread still lists the game as 90%, I don't see you asking for a title change there. 

I don't actually follow Nier...?

Its been updated to show MC score 97 instead of 98, so why not just update it to #15 instead of #4 as well?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:

Actually a 90/100 dropped it down to #15

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1