By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Pavolink said:
KLXVER said:

Having a boat and explore a big ocean. With the freedom of BOTW and having huge and smaller islands to explore would be amazing.

Oh god no! Leave the ocean in WW.

I know many hated that, but I love it. Just the mystery of whats underneath you is awesome. Always had a facination/fear of deep water stuff like sunken ships and weird creatures.

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
Mar1217 said:

If he did finish it. I guess he probably skipped through a lot xD

How is that possible if you spend 50 hours with a game though?

I have that amount of hours. Around half of the game.

Of course, I overexplored and feel burned by now.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Tmfwang said:
Mar1217 said:

If he did finish it. I guess he probably skipped through a lot xD

I can already tell you that you can spend hundreds of hours into this game, 50 is nothing lol. Somebody from Game Informer finished the game at like 50-60 hours with a 15% completion. It's fucking insane.

dahuman said:
Tmfwang said:

He did these comparisons:

- If he wants to experience a deep and unique world he would rather play The Elder Scrolls

- If he wanted to play a game with really good characters he'd rather play The Witcher

- If he wanted to play a game with a good amount of difficulty he'd rather play Dark Souls

I don't think Google Translate would translate that bit of text correct from Norwegian to English, which might give it another meaning that it actually had.

If a person is forced to combine different highly rated games to justify giving a low score on an actual good game then I think BotW did it's job just fine then lol.

Yea, that is a stupid argument. Let's take it and compare each idividual aspect of the game to a game I think did it perfect.

But let's take those other games. Elder Scrolls. Okay, deep and unique world. I'll give you deep, but that is attributed to having like 6 full huge games, which include an MMO. Also that deep part includes one reading countelss upon countless books in the game. Many do not do that. As for unique? Ha, toss it into the many LotR clones. It's your standard elves, humans dwarves and fantasy world. D&D, LotR whatever. It's not unique

Witcher, yes great charactrs. I'm sure you can find a person really quick that will tell you how bad the combat is though, and is combat not a huge part of a game? I will give Witcher a more unique setting than his above elder scrolls though. It's not set in teh whole D&D LoTR clone.

What is teh point of brining up dark souls difficultly? IS he saying he died a lot in Zelda? Is that complaint or a praise? Does he want it harder or not?

But Jim is a douche. He is all about clicks and creating a stir. Just think back on his "everyone pirate Nintendo and how it's morally right to do so" You'll have your douches online defend him by saying "he dosn't get ad revenue on his jimquisition vids, or his website, or ect" Wake up. This is like a Kim Kardashian sex tape. Any news is good news for these no skills celebrities. They make their money by having their name being public. Whether he makes a dime on this review or that video or not. His name is blasted over the internet or news for those things. It's free press for him. That free press will get people to visit his actual PAID stuff.

So call it what you will. A click bait article or a sex tape. They are one and the same. They are the Kardashians of the world.

dahuman said:
Tmfwang said:

I can already tell you that you can spend hundreds of hours into this game, 50 is nothing lol. Somebody from Game Informer finished the game at like 50-60 hours with a 15% completion. It's fucking insane.

I doubt his 50 hr comment though. From what people are saying it sounds like he didn't put much time/effort into this game and procrastinated so to speak. If you follow his updates, or blog or twitter or something. That's what I've heard. Just as I won't pick up a tabloid up with Kardashian on it, I won't look at anything this clicker does. He has long since been on my ignore list way before this. I frequently see his name pop up in topics or news and it's always something outrageous, meaning to get clicks.

But don't think too deeply on the 15% stat. Majority of the completion % is due to the Korok seeds, being 900 and all. I woudl guess like 50% is due to seeds alone.

But don't feel bogged down by the seeds. There is still 120 shrines, like 80 side quests that I've found many to be quite rewarding (not just fetch), places to see and explore. Weapons/armor ot find, ect. Heck even those korok seeds are fun little puzzles as you explore. I don't go out o fmy way, but I enjoy finding a random say block out of place I need to put in place.

Around the Network

another mixed review huh

certainly no chance of it getting back to 98 now

celador said:
another mixed review huh

certainly no chance of it getting back to 98 now

Reviews that are this late are always clickbait sadly. That's the only way they get attention. Metacritic should just provide the aggregate score instead of giving a link to all the reviews. That's the only way to fix this broken system. 

Not that anything is wrong with giving a game a lower score, but I've read the Slant review and it was poorly written and lacking in arguments.

As for Jim, he has an axe to grind with Nintendo and he loves to cause a commotion and it's well known he lacks integrity. He gave Hyrule Warriors a 9.5 and that game is objectively terrible (poor story, poor graphics, shallow and repetitive combat, retarded enemy and allies AI, etc.). But because he's a Musou fanboy he overlooks any flaws. You simply can't take someone like that seriously. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

The thread title should be updated, it is now #14 on MC

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
The thread title should be updated, it is now #14 on MC

How about giving the OP some time to change the title instead of asking for it?

The Nier metacritic thread still lists the game as 90%, I don't see you asking for a title change there. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I just want to point out that saying Zelda: BoTW doesn't do anything new is not bad at all. Everything done in BoTW from what I have read has been done before.....and guess what THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Things may have not been done LIKE in BoTW but they have been done before. BoTW seemingly has molded them together dang near perfectly and is just one of the many reasons it is getting such praise as an amazing game. So my good people don't take when someone says it doesn't do anything new as a hit or a knock. Because heck that's pretty much the same for almost ANY game out there now a day. Doesn't make the game any less great and that 97 is still a freaking AMAZING score!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23