By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

irstupid said:
KLXVER said:

Maybe after he unlocked all towers? I dont know...

Yea I don't get this comment. Second half of waht. It getting boring?

The game is as long or short or as exciting or as boring as you make it.

If I was getting bored doing things, I could just turn whatever direction I needed to and head towards Ganon. Beat him, and then I'm done. I beat the game and can go on with my life.

Well you cant really do that if youre writing a review.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
97 is still a fantastic score and higher than any Zelda game released since Ocarina of Time, during a time where reviewers are generally putting a stop to handing 9's and 10's out to any old average title.

One or two reviewers didn't like it as much as the others? Big deal. No game is perfect for everyone, and Breath of the Wild certainly has problems, even if they may not be major problems to the majority of people who spend time with the title.

The problem is not the score. Scores are useless. The problem is that some these reviews are based on false information or hyperbolic statements. Like the shrine statement (in case of being real) where he couldn't even track. Or the weapon degradation system: If a reviewer like certain system is the best game ever, but if other don't like it, it gets mocked for that.

On top of that, we get jewels like "the game is Preconstructed" when I can think of different ways to finish the game:

1. Go for the story. Only 24 shrines required.

2. Ignore everything. Just go after TGP to the main boss. Already done in around 1 and a half hour. Just farm powerful weapons. Skip both dungeons and shrines.

4. Skip shrines and only do dungeos.

5. Do some shrines (wherever amount) and skip dungeons.

And finally, confirmed by Aonuma:

You can leave the Great Plateau without the paraglider.

The game let's you finish the moment you want to. I have only 2 dungeons and can go now to the final boss without problem.

This is basically like GS Skyward Sword review when they said that controls didn't work. Misinformation is a big problem, on both sides.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

KLXVER said:
irstupid said:

If I was getting bored doing things, I could just turn whatever direction I needed to and head towards Ganon. Beat him, and then I'm done. I beat the game and can go on with my life.

Why not? Many reveiwers don't beat games. Heck a Horizon review flat out said they didn't.

I feel a reviewer should complete a game, but that dont' seem to be the case. But in any case, a reviewer shoudl at least ATTEMPT to be the game. In most all RPG's that would force them to trudge through countless more hours/quests to complete a game if they got bored. In Zelda they just turn towards castle and give it their best shot. If they suck at gaming, they probably end up dying and not beating it. But at least they can try and have nothing preventing them from doing so.

TBF, I doubt the game contains a moment that makes the whole world new again like the first time you get a skell in XCX. And while I consider BOTW to be the first open world game where exploring doesn't get boring after a couple of hours, but not everyone is going to feel that way.

KLXVER said:
irstupid said:

You can finish the story pretty fast. No need to put tons of hours.

My guess is something I have stuck on my head: the Great Plateau. The first area is exciting. Isolated. New mechanics. Like the traditional Zelda. But once you left, there are no more new runes, or great discoveries. No traditional Zelda feel.

On top of that, the game start to become predictable as you progress.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
KLXVER said:

Maybe after he unlocked all towers? I dont know...

I honestly don't know considering there are no halfs in the game. Maybe after certain amount of hours?

It wasnt exactly written as "half", he said after 10-20 hours he got bored with it, but before that it was a good game.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

irstupid said:
KLXVER said:

Why not? Many reveiwers don't beat games. Heck a Horizon review flat out said they didn't.

I feel a reviewer should complete a game, but that dont' seem to be the case. But in any case, a reviewer shoudl at least ATTEMPT to be the game. In most all RPG's that would force them to trudge through countless more hours/quests to complete a game if they got bored. In Zelda they just turn towards castle and give it their best shot. If they suck at gaming, they probably end up dying and not beating it. But at least they can try and have nothing preventing them from doing so.

He played it for about 50 hours, so Im sure he beat it. Maybe he says it in the review, but I dont want to read the whole thing. Its just to much work.lol

Tmfwang said:
Pavolink said:

I honestly don't know considering there are no halfs in the game. Maybe after certain amount of hours?

It wasnt exactly written as "half", he said after 10-20 hours he got bored with it, but before that it was a good game.

I see. And I can get behind that sentiment. The new becomes old and there are no more big news. (So far to me after 2 dungeons).

Pavolink said:
KLXVER said:

You can finish the story pretty fast. No need to put tons of hours.

My guess is something I have stuck on my head: the Great Plateau. The first area is exciting. Isolated. New mechanics. Like the traditional Zelda. But once you left, there are no more new runes, or great discoveries. No traditional Zelda feel.

On top of that, the game start to become predictable as you progress.

Personally I love the no traditional feel. Nothing will ever come close to Wind Waker to me, so Im glad they tried something different. BOTW is my second favborite Zelda game though. If the next one combines BOTW with WW, then my dream game would be a reality

KLXVER said:
irstupid said:

He played it for about 50 hours, so Im sure he beat it. Maybe he says it in the review, but I dont want to read the whole thing. Its just to much work.lol

He does say that he finished it :)

In the first sentence of the review even XD

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1