By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Zekkyou said:
Dark_Feanor said:
It seems reviewers have the mission to save the Switch and Nintendo with artificialy inflated scores... nothing new, or unexpected.

I don´t think it will translate to big sales or main stream access. Zelda is not what it used to be.

Yeah, it's open world now! :D

Wait, is it really more open world now? To be honest, I hated that MGSV went open world, so hopefully this won't be as troublesome. I am very burnt out on open world games.

Around the Network

HAHAHA look at the salt in the comments!!! Deal with it, this will be an outstanding game

Warned ~ CGI

Scoreing higher than I thought it would.... reviewers being generious this time.

Dark_Feanor said:
It seems reviewers have the mission to save the Switch and Nintendo with artificialy inflated scores... nothing new, or unexpected.

I don´t think it will translate to big sales or main stream access. Zelda is not what it used to be.

Or perhaps, the reviewers think the game is amazingly good?

VGPolyglot said:
Zekkyou said:

Wait, is it really more open world now? To be honest, I hated that MGSV went open world, so hopefully this won't be as troublesome. I am very burnt out on open world games.

Yep, it's a proper open-world game. I don't play AAA open world games often (i think FF15 was the first i'd played in almost 2 years), but there have been an awful lot of them this generation so i can understand why'd you be burnt out. That said, the reviews I've read claim BotW has does an excellent job on the world front. I wouldn't worry about it.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Zekkyou said:

Yeah.  All the dungeons are optional, and there are 120 optional mini dungeons and an abundance of optional sidequests spread across a world that makes Skyrim and Witcher 3 look tiny by comparison.  There is total freedom to go anywhere, even to climb to the top of every mountain in the game.

Gamexplain say some of the main bosses are kind of underwhelming which is a shame. But otherwise another glowing review

celador said:
Gamexplain say some of the main bosses are kind of underwhelming which is a shame. But otherwise another glowing review

The old GT reviewer said exactly the opposite in his review for easy allies.  Where Gamexplain said that they were underwhelming and the arenas were not suited for battle,  Easy Allies said that they were great and the fights made good use of the arenas.

Miyamotoo said:

:D

Warned ~ CGI

Oh GOD!!!!! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

lonerism said:
Congrats Nintendo

I'm really looking forward to play this game, It's a shame I can't afford a Switch right now :(

the system will hopefully still be there later :) i think there is no rush

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)