By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hardly buy games at full retail price. Do you?

I do when it's a game I really want to play.

Around the Network

Games on my must play list are day 1 purchases, and some are even with the overpriced LE bundles. Only a few of those left though (Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Bioshock, anything with scantily clad anime girls with huge boobs). Otherwise I tend to binge buy when there is a buy 2 get 1 sale and throw games on the backlog there. Though lately I have been doing a lot more PC gaming and I forget what full price even feels like with Steam.

arcaneguyver said:
I like to support my hobby and the people who make it possible, so I generally pay full price.

But is it a better support of your hobby and the people who make these games if you spend $60 for 1 good game and ignore 2 other good games than spending 3 x $20 (or even 3 x $30) for 3 good games?

Very rarely. FFXV was probably the only fill price game I bought last year. There isn't a single game in my entire steam library that I've paid over 10 euros for. A large part of this is that I'm almost never in a hurry to play new games at launch. At any given point I'm usually about a year behind in getting new games I'm interested in thanks to my backlog and a habit of going back to older games from time to time.

99% of my games are day 1 buys. The joys of having one platform to game on.

I do sell most of the game I complete though. I'm not exactly a collector plus if you trade in a game within 2 weeks of release you get a descent amount back for it.

This year however I don't see myself buying too many games. From Resident Evil to Mass effect, they all looks disappointing to me. 

Around the Network

I don't pay full retail price for games unless they are must-haves, like the new Zelda! That one I even preordered it and I don't usually do preorders either.

I try not, is pretty expensive so I only get games I really want for full price

Am willing to wait for a good sale, but Nintendo games rarely go on a pricecut aside from Nintendo Selects so the game might still be at full price a couple years later (or even more with inflation/bad exchange rate) :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It depends, I tend to buy games at full price at retail most of the times while I buy mostly discounted games digitally, but then again most of the games I buy digitally are stuff that I missed in the past few years so it only makes sense for it to be discounted...

Yeah, I've pretty much stopped caring about getting games at launch and just waiting for them. Most games tend to be on sale for half the price relatively quickly. Unless it's a game that I absolutely want, I'll hold off a little while.

Used to a lot but not as much anymore. I'll be getting horizon and Nier at launch though.