By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hardly buy games at full retail price. Do you?

Very rarely getting games at full retail price. Just waiting a few weeks mostly works wonders.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Around the Network

By the time I get to play anything, it's already dropped in price so ...no.

I mainly buy retro games, so $5 is my usual.

If I wanna play it right away, I buy it right away. If I can wait, I buy when it's cheaper (or has a complete edition). Some gamers really seem to undervalue the work of a developer or merits of a genre, though.

LivingMetal said:
malistix1985 said:
Well on PC I do use cd-key websites a lot so games at launch are around $35-40 but for consoles I do spent full price on occation, I would say 2 times a year.

Last year I bought Uncharted 4 and Final Fantasy XV at full price, this year I am planning to buy Persona 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 at full price. I used to buy more games on XBox360 and PS3 but there are way fewer exclusives so I end up buying most things discounted on pc :)

Going somewhat off topic, I've heard of this CD-key, but my lack of PC gaming experience hinders me.  Please elaborate.

I meen sites like this:

http://www.cdkeys.com/
https://www.kinguin.net/

They sell (100% legal) games for cheaper, usually the cd keys are from either boxed versions, like xbox codes that come with a console or codes from boxed retailers sold under price, like halo wars ultimate edition trough this website is cheaper for pc/xbox then buying the game alone on xbox.com so you would be foolish, or rich to buy pc games from steam or windows store

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
Conina said:
arcaneguyver said:
I like to support my hobby and the people who make it possible, so I generally pay full price.

But is it a better support of your hobby and the people who make these games if you spend $60 for 1 good game and ignore 2 other good games than spending 3 x $20 (or even 3 x $30) for 3 good games?

I think so. If I want a game, I get it. If my funds are limiting me to not all games I want, I prioritize my purchases so the 'right' games get day one buys.

The only game ever that I've purchased for 60 Euro or more is Zelda: Skyward Sword LE with the golden WiiMote Plus. Apart from that I only buy games at release price for Vita, when I know they'll be a hell to find later on. I haven't purchased a single PS3 game for the launch price.

Basically - I see no sense in buying games at release for the launch price.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

not anymore. Last game I paid full price (pre-ordered) was Killzone 2. Hated it. Lesson learned.

m_csquare said:
When metro developer released redux version just a few days after i purchase the trilogy,i said nope, i will never buy at full price anymore (except for a few collector editions)

There are only two Metro games.
Also at the time Redux came out the other two surely weren't full price anymore, so I don't know why that experience made you not paying full price for other games any more.

malistix1985 said:
LivingMetal said:

Going somewhat off topic, I've heard of this CD-key, but my lack of PC gaming experience hinders me.  Please elaborate.

I meen sites like this:

http://www.cdkeys.com/
https://www.kinguin.net/

They sell (100% legal) games for cheaper, usually the cd keys are from either boxed versions, like xbox codes that come with a console or codes from boxed retailers sold under price, like halo wars ultimate edition trough this website is cheaper for pc/xbox then buying the game alone on xbox.com so you would be foolish, or rich to buy pc games from steam or windows store

Interesting.  I feel a little smarter today.