By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn costs $60 - Is that a fair price?

Horizon: Zero Dawn costs $60 - Is that a fair price?

Of course it's not. I would have to buy a PS4 for this and a TV if I don't already have one. Also, I need a room to place all the stuff. A couch would be also needed to get comfy. And what about the electric bills? Did anyone thought about that?
What about food? I need food to enjoy my game. So, I don't like cold food, so a stove is also needed. Ah crap, I need another room for that. And a fridge aswell for cold drinks.
And obviously this follows by a toilette to get the food out of my body.
I don't need a bed, though. Can sleep on the couch.

See? 60$ is just not a fair price! Case closed.

/thread

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
So games like Zelda which has subpar visuals and 12 Switch are with more than $50/$60?

With all due respect, you really should consider refraining youself from talking about Nintendo if that's all you have to contribute.

the game doesnt help you get laid. so no, it doesnt.

Hynad said:
daredevil.shark said:
So games like Zelda which has subpar visuals and 12 Switch are with more than $50/$60?

With all due respect, you really should consider refraining youself from talking about Nintendo if that's all you have to contribute.

With due respect I can comment wherever I can as long as it is in site rules. No need to lecture me or backseat moderate me. Thanks.

daredevil.shark said:
Hynad said:

With due respect I can comment wherever I can as long as it is in site rules. No need to lecture me or backseat moderate me. Thanks.

That's not backseat moderating. That's me being tired of your constant, unfair and unreasonable jabs at Nintendo.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
daredevil.shark said:

That's not backseat moderating. That's me being tired of your constant, unfair and unreasonable jabs at Nintendo.

I can say the same.

daredevil.shark said:
Hynad said:

I can say the same.

The same what? Constant, unfair and unreasonable jabs at Nintendo? How? When? Where?

RolStoppable said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is an open world game that retails for $60. One has to wonder if that is a fair price.

The most glaring omission in this game is an online multiplayer component. This shortcoming is not a consequence of a lack of development time, but a conscious decision by Guerilla Games that they didn't even want to implement one. That things can be very different has been demonstrated by Grand Theft Auto V, which also retailed for $60, but had robust online multiplayer modes in addition to all of its singleplayer content.

Horizon: Zero Dawn also lacks a character editor, like it can be found in Skyrim, or at least the option to play as the gender you want. Players aren't provided with a choice. Speaking only for myself here, I don't like female characters.

The game focuses on its singleplayer element, but unfortunately the scope of its world, story and lore is limited. Unlike Final Fantasy XV, there was apparently never a need to produce a movie to go along with the game.

Without a doubt, a lot of corners were cut during the development process of Horizon: Zero Dawn. So I pose the question: Charging $60 for all of this, is that really a fair price?

No, obviously not. And because of it's many shortcomings the sales of the game will severly hurt. To remedy the issue and increase the sales Guerrilla Games should port the game to platforms with bigger userbase: PC, Android and 3DS. This way at least some sales are generated.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It won't help me get laid, so nope.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BraLoD said:
AZWification said:

It won't help me get laid, so nope.

Who said it won't?
Women are all over robot dinossaurs! Just look at Aloy!

Hmm, I didn't think about that. You're a genius, BraLoD!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---