By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn costs $60 - Is that a fair price?

d21lewis said:
You convinced me. I'm gonna take my money and buy 1-2 Switch. I'll have $10 left to fuck bitches.

You stupid? With 1-2 Switch bitches will be flocking to you for free! Spend those $10 on booze!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Without a doubt, a lot of corners were cut during the development process of Horizon: Zero Dawn. So I pose the question: Charging $60 for all of this, is that really a fair price?

It looks state of the art. Its a single player game, and supposedly has like 70hours? of gameplay in it.

Yes its fair its 60$.

When I saw the title of this thread I was sure it was made as a parody thread.

RolStoppable said:
Bandorr said:
So is this your new gimmick now? Highly unimpressed.

This isn't new. I highlight fallacies in people's thinking, including yours.

So it was a parody thread... and your compairing the 60$ price tag of 1,2,Switch to  Horizon Zero dawn.

Lmao is all I can say.

vivster said:
d21lewis said:
You convinced me. I'm gonna take my money and buy 1-2 Switch. I'll have $10 left to fuck bitches.

You stupid? With 1-2 Switch bitches will be flocking to you for free! Spend those $10 on booze!

Lol literally at the phrase "1-2 Switch bitches"! 😄

Porcupine_I said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Speaking of taking it too seriously....

Nintendo isn't even close to being irrelevant, even if that's something you might like to try and imagine or tell yourself. 

I agree, you shouldn't take things so seriously.

You're the one trying to say somebody else is 'trying to stay relevant' on a video game forum and also trying to take a jab at Nintendo just because Rol criticized a Sony game. 

But I imagine you're just gonna keep trying to go back and forth with this so i'm just gonna end it here and say k think what you want. 

edit: Lmao btw, you can try to lie and say that I 'started an argument' all you want if that makes you feel better, but everyone that reads this thread and sees your posts already knows the truth. You're the one that came into this thread throwing insults at the one who made this thread and taking jabs at Nintendo just because someone criticized a Sony game. 

d21lewis said:
vivster said:

Lol literally at the phrase "1-2 Switch bitches"! 😄

You mean "1-2-Bitch", as in the amount of bitches you'll be getting and switching between. 

Around the Network

This was certainly an interesting read. I'm mildly entertained this morning. :)

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

RolStoppable said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is an open world game that retails for $60. One has to wonder if that is a fair price.

The most glaring omission in this game is an online multiplayer component. This shortcoming is not a consequence of a lack of development time, but a conscious decision by Guerilla Games that they didn't even want to implement one. That things can be very different has been demonstrated by Grand Theft Auto V, which also retailed for $60, but had robust online multiplayer modes in addition to all of its singleplayer content.

Horizon: Zero Dawn also lacks a character editor, like it can be found in Skyrim, or at least the option to play as the gender you want. Players aren't provided with a choice. Speaking only for myself here, I don't like female characters.

The game focuses on its singleplayer element, but unfortunately the scope of its world, story and lore is limited. Unlike Final Fantasy XV, there was apparently never a need to produce a movie to go along with the game.

Without a doubt, a lot of corners were cut during the development process of Horizon: Zero Dawn. So I pose the question: Charging $60 for all of this, is that really a fair price?

Quality over Quanity. If the game is good than $60 is just fine. It's a little to early to say if corners were cut in Hozizon since it's not out yet, but from what I've seen and heard seems like it's got a great crafting system and large map, and deverse foes to tackle, along with a good story naritive, and gameplay.

Some examples as of late below:

++ Overwatch: Solid Deep MP, no SP (worth $60)

- Evolve: No SP, Shallow MP (not worth $60)

- Street figter No SP, Shallow MP, No Arcade Mode (not worth $60)

-- The Order 1886: Bad Bad AI, example of to short,  (NOT worth $60 just about a rent)

++Inside: Perfect game play, animation, story, level design, not a long game but does'nt matter cuz it's almost perfect. (worth $60 even though it was $20)

It's all relative.

As far as playing a female protagonist, ya that's just you most don't give a shit, unless your under 10 years old then you really should'nt be playing this game anyway.

$60 is fine for Horizon, that's the standard price, and thank god, otherwise we would be spending $100 dollars for open world games like the Witcher

Just curious..would you happen to be a millennial?

I've pre ordered it so speaking only for myself I think it's worth it.

BTW GTA V isn't worth $60. It's worth at least $200. Play it regularly almost 3 years later.

So is less than $60.00 the price we should pay for a game that doesn't include an online multiplayer component? Inversely, should we be charged more than $60 for games that are online only? I mean, The Witcher III doesn't have online multiplayer but I managed 378 hours of play time before finishing it. I think this line of thinking is silly. Should games be priced by length and content? Honestly, with add-ons and DLC this is sort of already happening. But happens with a game like (again) The Witcher III can take months to finish. How should such a game be priced?

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Angelus said:
RolStoppable said:

Speaking only for myself here, I don't like female characters.

Ya....had a feeling that might be the case

From reading the OP's posts in the past he didn't even need to put that in for anyone to know this to be true.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!