By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn costs $60 - Is that a fair price?

I think Rol's threads clearly show some inconsistencies in what is deemed acceptable, user to user.

What an awful thread.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Safiir said:

Being a better game is subjective so it's impossible to not have bias. Unless everyone is of the opinion that it is a better game and that's not happening.

So all games are equal then?

Of course they're not. The exact opposite in fact. The point is that you cannot have an unbiased review. There  are objective criteria, of course, but again the amount of value you put in them will also be biased and dependent on your personal preference. So what constitutes a good game will vary greatly from individual to individual. 

BraLoD said:
AZWification said:

Hmm, I didn't think about that. You're a genius, BraLoD!

You'll get all the post-apocalyptic future redhead chicks with it, bro!

Wow, I was so wrong when I made that first post.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

KLXVER said:
vivster said:

You can also run Horizon on a much higher resolution and framerate. Oh wait, you can't because it's confined to a potato toaster.

Isnt the game like 1080p 60fps? I mean how high can you go until it just becomes overkill?

It's 1080p30. Which means it is very very far away from overkill.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
KLXVER said:

Isnt the game like 1080p 60fps? I mean how high can you go until it just becomes overkill?

Yea horizon  looks like crap and runs like crap,what a dissepointment,if you compare  it to the amazing  looking  new zelda horizon  world just looks bland.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
Porcupine_I said:
I love you Rol, you embody the spirit of Nintendo with your threads.

Right now that would be "Struggling to stay relevant"

Speaking of taking it too seriously....

Nintendo isn't even close to being irrelevant, even if that's something you might like to try and imagine or tell yourself. 

I agree, you shouldn't take things so seriously.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

xl-klaudkil said:
vivster said:

Yea horizon  looks like crap and runs like crap,what a dissepointment,if you compare  it to the amazing  looking  new zelda horizon  world just looks bland.

You're confusing Vivster with a biased Nintendo fan, when in reality he's part of the PC Master Race.

Barkley said:
xl-klaudkil said:

You're confusing Vivster with a biased Nintendo fan, when in reality he's part of the PC Master Race.

That's  even worse.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
vivster said:

It doesn't look like crap, it just runs like it which is the far more important aspect.

BOTW's only saving grace is that it's Zelda.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You convinced me. I'm gonna take my money and buy 1-2 Switch. I'll have $10 left to fuck bitches.