By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn costs $60 - Is that a fair price?

This is Trolling under the guise of being serious at the highest degree if I've ever seen it.

Look at how short and small Resident Evil VII is. It's more than worth it's price tag for the quality content we received with that game, plus the story isn't over with the free "No Hero" DLC coming out. It's replayability is fantastic with the new items and you're very encouraged to go for the platinum trophy because of this.

Games don't need to be justified on it's price for just the quantity of content, but rather the quality of content. That extra polish requires high cost to get things right at that fine degree. I can go make a really long game with a shit ton of content myself, that doesn't mean it's going to be a GOOD game with good quality content. That being said I'm sure you'd find a way to justify it's cost if I offer 500 hours of bullshit for you to occupy your time with. Maybe a fishing game where you're forced to be played as a troll and the goal is to use the right bait for the right catch. There's a new pitch! Sounds pretty fucking shitty but hey oh!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Yeah people spend more time on multiplayer games 

Some people do, but other people spend more time on singleplayer games...

Gothic 3 is a 150h singleplayer game with massive replay value. It's $10.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This a joke thread?

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Its also 10 years old though.

No, but I would pay that for Bomberman.

Around the Network

It's a AAA game my friend. MP or not, $60 is usually the price of these games. It's up to you to decide if it's worth paying that price.

+plus is not like these games stay $60 forever, just wait month and you will already see a $10 price drop or more.

I'm sure you're sad to not have 20 daily Switch's rumors threads anymore. But is that a sufficient reason to create useless clickbait threads daily instead?

"But.... But... But you're mean to the console I like and I can't find a real answer, so I'll pretend I don't understand anything about your arguments and I'll create a ridiculous thread making fun of it instead! :( "

KLXVER said:
vivster said:

And yet is running at higher resolution and framerate. Makes you wonder which game is 10 years old.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
KLXVER said:

And yet is running at higher resolution and framerate. Makes you wonder which game is 10 years old.

I would say the one released in 2006...

Ka-pi96 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Yeah people spend more time on multiplayer games 

People spend hundred of hours on most multiplayer games. Cant say the same for single player games.