Right 20 12.90%

Lol 135 87.10%

Total:155

Brazil
Switch $700
Zelda $90

Around the Network

Rip-off

Moderated for this, plus http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8283879 and this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8284454

- Miguel

JRPGfan said:
Mike321 said:

I was expecting it to be expensive but I didn't expect it to be THAT expensive, this certainly kills any hopes I had of getting it day 1.

They have a trade tariff right? which is why.

I expect the same thing to happend if Trump puts a trade tariff on console manufactured outsides of the USA.

Get ready for that 20-30% raise in price for games & consoles, in the US.

Eh, the US is such a big market that if that happens, you'll probably see (automated) manufacturing pop up in the US.

If its too expensive wait until its cheaper you might not actually have to wait too long and most of the decent games are much later in the year anyway. Generally electronic devices are improved in quality as feedback from consumers creates small production changes at the factory so you might end up with a better version too. Sometimes its just not worth being the first to get a product.

Shikamo said:
Trump calculation: $ 300 to the console and $ 175 to the wall

Now they will cross the border to buy Switch's.

Around the Network

It will be even more expensive in some countries.

Teeqoz said:
JRPGfan said:

They have a trade tariff right? which is why.

I expect the same thing to happend if Trump puts a trade tariff on console manufactured outsides of the USA.

Get ready for that 20-30% raise in price for games & consoles, in the US.

Eh, the US is such a big market that if that happens, you'll probably see (automated) manufacturing pop up in the US.

If machines were cheaper and clean, why wouldn't China invest on that?  

kindark said:
Brazil
Switch $700
Zelda $90

Price topics are the better ones to find brazilians here. You can pre order for 600 U$D in MercadoLivre.

BraLoD said:
Still likely way better than the price will be here in Brazil.
Nintendo doesn't even sell consoles officially here anymore.

There are rumors that Nintendo are planning to come back to Brazil.

For those of you who aren't for Brazil, some prices for comparison:

PS4 Official Launch: 1.280 U$D (Sony has a factory here, no game included)
PS4 500GB Now: 450 U$D (lowest price in official stores, but you can find cheaper ones)
XOne Official Launch: 736 U$D (Microsoft also produces here, no game included)
XOne 500GB Now: 385 U$D (lowest price in official stores, but you can find cheaper ones)
Wii U Official Launch: 610 U$D (Nintendo had a partnership with a brazilian company, it was a late launch and was bundled with New Super Mario Bros and Luigi U)
Wii U Now: 492 U$D (lowest price in big stores)
PSVR Launch/Now: 950 U$D (for most stores)

OP: So sad for Mexico. I don't know how taxes works for you guys, they probably are the main reason for this price.

Straight up insanity.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

BraLoD said:
MarkkyStorm said:

Price topics are the better ones to find brazilians here. You can pre order for 600 U$D in MercadoLivre.

There are rumors that Nintendo are planning to come back to Brazil.

For those of you who aren't for Brazil, some prices for comparison:

PS4 Official Launch: 1.280 U$D (Sony has a factory here, no game included)
PS4 500GB Now: 450 U$D (lowest price in official stores, but you can find cheaper ones)
XOne Official Launch: 736 U$D (Microsoft also produces here, no game included)
XOne 500GB Now: 385 U$D (lowest price in official stores, but you can find cheaper ones)
Wii U Official Launch: 610 U$D (Nintendo had a partnership with a brazilian company, it was a late launch and was bundled with New Super Mario Bros and Luigi U)
Wii U Now: 492 U$D (lowest price in big stores)
PSVR Launch/Now: 950 U$D (for most stores)

OP: So sad for Mexico. I don't know how taxes works for you guys, they probably are the main reason for this price.

PS4 launched as an import here, though, just like the PSVR, that is still not assembled here, btw.
Prices go down once Sony actually start assembling the hardware here, but even so Brazil still got one of the worse prices in the entire world, both for imports or nationally assembled system.

Didn't know that (about PS4 being import at first), but the price still was unbelievable.