By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Switch costs $475 usd in Mexico

The price is...

Right 20 12.90%

Lol 135 87.10%

Total:155
Pavolink said:

Official price was announced today:

9,999.00 pesos or 475.00 usd. What. The. Hell.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/aw/d/B01LTI2086/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486095547&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=nintendo+switch

I don't have other links but it is oficial. 🙁

I'm thinking in cancelling my preorder and just play Zelda on Wii U.

Btw, Zelda costs like $70usd.

Well... that´s expensive, but at least it will have an official launch in Mexico....

In Brazil we don´t have an official launch, so for us it will cost  about USD 640,00 (BRL 2000,00)  on launch and up. 

Around the Network
MarkkyStorm said:
kindark said:
Brazil
Switch $700
Zelda $90

Price topics are the better ones to find brazilians here. You can pre order for 600 U$D in MercadoLivre.

BraLoD said:
Still likely way better than the price will be here in Brazil.
Nintendo doesn't even sell consoles officially here anymore.

There are rumors that Nintendo are planning to come back to Brazil.
For those of you who aren't for Brazil, some prices for comparison:
PS4 Official Launch: 1.280 U$D (Sony has a factory here, no game included)
PS4 500GB Now: 450 U$D (lowest price in official stores, but you can find cheaper ones)
XOne Official Launch: 736 U$D (Microsoft also produces here, no game included)
XOne 500GB Now: 385 U$D (lowest price in official stores, but you can find cheaper ones)
Wii U Official Launch: 610 U$D (Nintendo had a partnership with a brazilian company, it was a late launch and was bundled with New Super Mario Bros and Luigi U)
Wii U Now: 492 U$D (lowest price in big stores)
PSVR Launch/Now: 950 U$D (for most stores)
OP: So sad for Mexico. I don't know how taxes works for you guys, they probably are the main reason for this price.

It´s really hard to be a console gamer in Brazil.....

Rogerioandrade said:
Pavolink said:

Official price was announced today:

9,999.00 pesos or 475.00 usd. What. The. Hell.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/aw/d/B01LTI2086/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486095547&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=nintendo+switch

I don't have other links but it is oficial. 🙁

I'm thinking in cancelling my preorder and just play Zelda on Wii U.

Btw, Zelda costs like $70usd.

Well... that´s expensive, but at least it will have an official launch in Mexico....

In Brazil we don´t have an official launch, so for us it will cost  about USD 640,00 (BRL 2000,00)  on launch and up. 

Well in Pakistan it won't launch officially as well and it will also not launch in the black market for a good year or more. My relatives were going to USA so I thought I had it covered but they just told me its not gonna happen so I can't get it for at least a year. If I use some other method then import taxes and value added taxes will spike the price really high making it essentially impossible for me to get it

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Now we know who to blame for illegal immigration.

That's crazy expensive D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
If its too expensive wait until its cheaper you might not actually have to wait too long and most of the decent games are much later in the year anyway. Generally electronic devices are improved in quality as feedback from consumers creates small production changes at the factory so you might end up with a better version too. Sometimes its just not worth being the first to get a product.

NO!!! this was a good idea a few years ago, now our Peso can skyrocket vs Dollar anytime, just to give you an example, my Wii U in 2012 cost me $5500 Pesos= $450 USD, RIGHT NOW the Wii U is at $7000 pesos is MORE expensive that when it launch, and the same can happend with the nintendo switch buying it at 10,000 pesos at launch may be cheaper lol.

After thinking about it last night, I decided to still buy it. I'm not confident that the economy of my country will make it cheaper in the future. It could become even more expensive if the peso gets weaker.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

JRPGfan said:
Mike321 said:

I was expecting it to be expensive but I didn't expect it to be THAT expensive, this certainly kills any hopes I had of getting it day 1.

They have a trade tariff right? which is why.

I expect the same thing to happend if Trump puts a trade tariff on console manufactured outsides of the USA.

Get ready for that 20-30% raise in price for games & consoles, in the US.

that'll be the day i probably go for pre-owned games only

pastro243 said:
leyendax69 said:
lol that's crazy. If true I don't even want to know the price in my country and the rest of south america

350.000 pesos precio oficial de nintendo al parecer

JAJAJAJJAJ con eso me compro una ps4 y varios juegos, se las va a comprar su puta madre aquí.

Conina said:
Swordmasterman said:

If machines were cheaper and clean, why wouldn't China invest on that?  

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36376966

https://futurism.com/apple-manufacturer-foxconn-to-fully-replace-humans-with-robots/

I'm sure even with robots making 100% of Apple products  they're still gonna demand premium price...