By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Switch costs $475 usd in Mexico

The price is...

Right 20 12.90%

Lol 135 87.10%

Total:155
Pavolink said:

Official price was announced today:

9,999.00 pesos or 475.00 usd. What. The. Hell.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/aw/d/B01LTI2086/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486095547&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=nintendo+switch

I don't have other links but it is oficial. 🙁

I'm thinking in cancelling my preorder and just play Zelda on Wii U.

Btw, Zelda costs like $70usd.

How much would it cost to buy it in the Us and send it to México? 

Also: Nintendo should aim at a cheaper price in Latam and developers countries all over the World.  It would allowFullScreen them to gain popularity and a fanbase that could be really useful in the future...

Around the Network

I would also like to mention Canada. Seems like a thing to do. I feel for you my Mexican brothers and sisters. And again for all the Canadians. Let us not forget about Australia. Or Canada. Or any of the other places that the Switch costs more than we would like. Like Brazil and Canada. Honestly, I'm gonna be a bit short on $$$ for a couple months, and it's playing a role in my decision to pass on the launch.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Radek said:
According to Google its actually around 486$ which is around 160$ more than PS4 Slim 500GB FIFA 17 bundle on Mexican Amazon.

Crazy pricing for sure...

Wow. That's quite the difference.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Entropio said:
Pavolink said:

Official price was announced today:

9,999.00 pesos or 475.00 usd. What. The. Hell.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/aw/d/B01LTI2086/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486095547&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=nintendo+switch

I don't have other links but it is oficial. 🙁

I'm thinking in cancelling my preorder and just play Zelda on Wii U.

Btw, Zelda costs like $70usd.

How much would it cost to buy it in the Us and send it to México? 

Honestly I don't know how much it will cost to import it. The thing now is to find one at launch in US is not going to be an easy task

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

monocle_layton said:
Soonerman said:
More expensive than when Xbox One came out in Mexico but also we should take into account that the peso is way weaker now than 4 years ago and Nintendo doesn't have a fabric there like MS does.

Why is the peso doing so bad? I've seen so many articles about increases in goods and oil prices, but not too many articles about why it is happening. 

edit: 

Holy crap, things are looking bad for the Peso.

Yep is really bad :( but even if the peso is weaker $300+tax should be like 6500 pesos+Tax & import fee= $8000 pesos is actually more reasonable BUT NO!!! god damn it, I am buying it at launch anyways.
 I have been looking for alternatives and I found one store in CDMX that its going to sell them at $8290 pesos if you are interest it Pavolink.

Around the Network
David_Hernandeez said:
monocle_layton said:

Why is the peso doing so bad? I've seen so many articles about increases in goods and oil prices, but not too many articles about why it is happening. 

edit: 

Holy crap, things are looking bad for the Peso.

Yep is really bad :( but even if the peso is weaker $300+tax should be like 6500 pesos+Tax & import fee= $8000 pesos is actually more reasonable BUT NO!!! god damn it, I am buying it at launch anyways.
 I have been looking for alternatives and I found one store in CDMX that its going to sell them at $8290 pesos if you are interest it Pavolink.

Yes! I'm interested!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Yes! I'm interested!

They don't do preorders, and they will start selling it on March 5(I can wait 2 days just to save as much as I can) https://www.facebook.com/Xgamesfrikiplaza/?fref=nf 
I bought 2 games from them last year my only problem with them would be the shipping took one extra day.

Well it's not so easy to ship the systems through the Wall :p

leyendax69 said:
lol that's crazy. If true I don't even want to know the price in my country and the rest of south america

350.000 pesos precio oficial de nintendo al parecer

Pretty much confirms that the Switch is dead on arrival everywhere but America and Japan. Maybe part of Europe by some kind of miracle, but I wouldn't put my hopes tha high if I were you.

I'm now filled with determination.