By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DFC Intelligence Believes Nintendo Switch Can Shift 40 Million Units by 2020

ironmanDX said:
If they release a Switch mini, say... Christmas 2018... that is essentially a dedicated handheld and a true replacement for the 3DS, yet still sharing the exact games library.

Easily. It'll happen too. You read it here first.

It was Christmas 2019, but spot on, nice

Around the Network

This aged as good as fine wine. was a funny moment looking back at old comments and predictions and how clumpsy the future did look for nintendo back in the days in the eyes of everyone.

Well, maybe we all misunderstood them, and what they were trying to say us that Switch would sell 40 millions in 2020 alone....

Last edited by Fuchigole - on 26 October 2020

Fuchigole said:

Well, maybe we all misunderstood, and what they were trying to say us that Switch would sell 40 millions in 2020 alone....

When I scanned the forum briefly and saw this headline without realizing it was a thread from 2017 that's what I thought for a sec, that this was a firm predicting today that Switch will sell 40 million for the year.

Its funny how they were talking about 40 milion total when now the swith is doing that in like, 18 months.

Around the Network

I came here to say 30 million in 2020 is likely but not 40 million but then I entered thread and re read the title.

Oh wow. It's hilarious to read the predictions at the start of 2017. People even saying 40 million lifetime wasn't going to happen. Damn. Some people thought Switch was somehow even gonna lose the 3DS audience?? And not gain anybody else? People were extremely pessimistic about the Switch! I guess they saw it more as a Wii U replacement than a joint 3DS and Wii U replacement.

After the January 2017 Presentation I saw tons of comments here and on NeoGAF saying "DOA" and that the console would be lucky if it ever hit 9 million units LT.

Me too, exactly the same brain process.

Switch!!!

camilosanchez16 said:

After the January 2017 Presentation I saw tons of comments here and on NeoGAF saying "DOA" and that the console would be lucky if it ever hit 9 million units LT.

Which was really weird at the time and even weirder now, how does one look at the games showcased and saying it is DOA? It was helluva lineup.